• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CV Points Best option to book tickets to Vietnam via Axis Magnus points?

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Yes, a visa would not be required provided you don't need to check in the baggage or leave the transit area. I have never explored this option as it seemed risky, but are they liable for any loss of baggage during baggage transfer? I was also told long ago that Airlines of the same group(Star Alliance, One World,etc.) and partner airlines have baggage transfer agreements. Vistara and SQ are partner airlines, so it should be possible. Maybe I'll try this when I'm flying solo.
Regarding the previous post, I feel it is cheaper to book two one-way tickets between IN and VNM. It would be 40K miles+tax, but 46.9k+tax if done through SE program.
Is transit like this without going past immigration different from visa free transit?

As visa free transit requirements say a valid US/Europe visa holders only for Indian nationals.

Are these things also not required, when going via singapore airlines?

jamesdolan

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Is transit like this without going past immigration different from visa free transit?

As visa free transit requirements say a valid US/Europe visa holders only for Indian nationals.

Transit on separate tickets is a risky idea. Please don’t attempt such stunts

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace

Yes. The transit area is between two flights in an airport. You don't have to cross immigration. VFTF is a facility which allows you to stay in Singapore for 96 hours without obtaining a visa. You can enter and exit the airport if you are eligible. I have made a post on this forum somewhere about this. Go through this thread.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Yes. The transit area is between two flights in an airport. You don't have to cross immigration. VFTF is a facility which allows you to stay in Singapore for 96 hours without obtaining a visa. You can enter and exit the airport if you are eligible. I have made a post on this forum somewhere about this. Go through this thread.
I am not planning to go past immigration area. And will book a single one way ticket under one pnr. So, if I understand correctly, I don't need any visa (neither for Singapore, not Thailand (visa on arrival)).

My plan is to go Phuket/Bangkok. Cheapest I find is singapore airlines and vistara at 20K miles each. I am getting about 0.5 rs value per mile gere. Vistara stop is at Mumbai and singapore stop is at singapore. Vistara seems safe (but only Bangkok), but I already have miles with singapore airlines and it has Phuket option too, so will take that if there is no visa issues.

Some people said JAL with 23K miles for round trip and some suggested Thai Airways with 17500 each side. But both of these seem hard to book. Thai doesn't allow checking without transfer and Jal seems to have no stock either. Plus i heard both of these charges higher taxes as well.

So, I am thinking about one side with singapore airlines and one side with Vistara for total 40k miles. Or might go with business class in singapore airlines for 43K.

VibrantAnkur

TF Premier
@CARDBITRAGE Called SQ Customer care and they mentioned that the baggage transfer depends on the departure and arrival airport as well as the airlines. For Vistara + Singapore Airlines transfer at Changi Airport, I checked DEL-SGN, DEL-CGK & DEL-SYD and the agent confirmed that the baggage will be transferred. Air India is included, depending on the departure and arrival airport. Indigo is excluded.

004archit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@CARDBITRAGE Called SQ Customer care and they mentioned that the baggage transfer depends on the departure and arrival airport as well as the airlines. For Vistara + Singapore Airlines transfer at Changi Airport, I checked DEL-SGN, DEL-CGK & DEL-SYD and the agent confirmed that the baggage will be transferred. Air India is included, depending on the departure and arrival airport. Indigo is excluded.
Can you share the CC contact no for SQ

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
I am not planning to go past immigration area. And will book a single one way ticket under one pnr. So, if I understand correctly, I don't need any visa (neither for Singapore, not Thailand (visa on arrival)).

My plan is to go Phuket/Bangkok. Cheapest I find is singapore airlines and vistara at 20K miles each. I am getting about 0.5 rs value per mile gere. Vistara stop is at Mumbai and singapore stop is at singapore. Vistara seems safe (but only Bangkok), but I already have miles with singapore airlines and it has Phuket option too, so will take that if there is no visa issues.

Some people said JAL with 23K miles for round trip and some suggested Thai Airways with 17500 each side. But both of these seem hard to book. Thai doesn't allow checking without transfer and Jal seems to have no stock either. Plus i heard both of these charges higher taxes as well.

So, I am thinking about one side with singapore airlines and one side with Vistara for total 40k miles. Or might go with business class in singapore airlines for 43K.
You are right. You will just pass through the transit area and go to the boarding gate for your connecting flight at SIN. Thailand is VoA for Indians, so you don't need a visa prior to entry.
As you said, SQ is pretty reasonable and you can consider it. You could do business one way, and SQ's J is one of the best there is.

VibrantAnkur

TF Premier
You are right. You will just pass through the transit area and go to the boarding gate for your connecting flight at SIN. Thailand is VoA for Indians, so you don't need a visa prior to entry.
As you said, SQ is pretty reasonable and you can consider it. You could do business one way, and SQ's J is one of the best there is.
I completely agree. A 5-6 hours flight in Business class on this segment with such low miles requirements is a great deal. I'd say Singapore to Delhi or Mumbai are one of the sweet spots in SQ chart for Business Class. @Harry1

Viper1057

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just booked a trip today which has the same plan as well, HKT -> BOM via SIN. Will be flying on SQ's A380 :devilish: