• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CV Points Best option to book tickets to Vietnam via Axis Magnus points?

004archit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If we book flight for phuket and has layover in Singapore of 10+ hour, then we can visit the Singapore city or not
Transit visa, I guess free for Indians ?

Any one can help on this or how can I check this thing

Sharjeelshaikh

TF Premier
Hmm. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews. But mostly negative. I will avoid vietjet altogether. When I was flying back to India from Hanoi, I saw that they had cancelled three flights and put people from two flight routes onto their AMD flight. The passengers had to make their own arrangements for their final destination from there. This is what someone from one of those flights told me at the airport. After seeing that, I made up my mind to never even consider that airline ever. No matter how inexpensive it can be. If you are budget-conscious, Indigo and Airasia are much better.
Issues only from second tier cities .fly only from Mumbai or delhi.personal experience

Sharjeelshaikh

TF Premier
If we book flight for phuket and has layover in Singapore of 10+ hour, then we can visit the Singapore city or not

Only customer care executive can tell u.but ensure pnr is same of both legs of journey or else u won't be allowed to board

VibrantAnkur

TF Premier
Yes. But booking through spontaneous escapes would require you to make make a split itinerary since this is applicable only for flights to and fro SIN. So by doing this, you would need to book a split itinerary and would need to obtain a Singapore visa. Instead, we can book two one-way tickets in and out of Vietnam if you are flying in and out of different ports. It should be 40K+$70 tax. This is decent value.
As both the segments are with SQ, a visa won't be required. At the time of check-in at Indian Airport, just ask the SQ staff to connect the check-in baggage to Vietnam by showing your next flight itinerary. They'll do the needful. Once you reach SIngapore, you can get to the next flight without going through the immigration. A visa is only required for segments flown with different airlines such as Vistara + SQ etc as they don't share baggage transfer policy.

Last edited:

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

You may transit but not leave the airport.
You can avail Visa Free Transit Facility only if you meet certain requirements.

Nationals of India and the PRC

If you are in transit to or from any third country via Singapore, you may be eligible for the 96-hour VFTF if you meet these requirements:

You may enter Singapore by any mode of transport but depart only via air or sea. You must have a valid onward air/ferry/cruise ticket departing Singapore within 96 hours; and
You must have a valid visa* or long-term pass (with a validity of at least one month from the date of entry into Singapore under the VFTF) issued by and/or good for entry into any of the following countries:
- Australia
- Canada
- Germany
- Japan
- New Zealand
- Switzerland
- United Kingdom
- United States of America

* Travellers with Single Journey Visas (SJV) may still be granted VFTF on the return leg of their journey (i.e., after the SJV is used and no longer valid), but you must:
Travel directly from the country that issued the SJV, en route through Singapore, back to your home country
Not have returned to your home country since you last used the SJV.

Sharjeelshaikh

TF Premier
As both the segments are with SQ, a visa won't be required. At the time of check-in at Indian Airport, just ask the SQ staff to connect the check-in baggage to Vietnam by showing your next flight itinerary. They'll do the needful. Once you reach SIngapore, you can get to the next flight without going through the immigration. A visa is only required for segments flown with different airlines such as Vistara + SQ etc as they don't share baggage transfer policy.
The pnr should be same of bombay sing sing hanoi / ho chi Minh if pnr is different then u need a sing visa.so do check.j suggest vietjiet direct flight bombay ho chi min

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Yes, a visa would not be required provided you don't need to check in the baggage or leave the transit area. I have never explored this option as it seemed risky, but are they liable for any loss of baggage during baggage transfer? I was also told long ago that Airlines of the same group(Star Alliance, One World,etc.) and partner airlines have baggage transfer agreements. Vistara and SQ are partner airlines, so it should be possible. Maybe I'll try this when I'm flying solo.
Regarding the previous post, I feel it is cheaper to book two one-way tickets between IN and VNM. It would be 40K miles+tax, but 46.9k+tax if done through SE program.

Sharjeelshaikh

TF Premier
Yes, a visa would not be required provided you don't need to check in the baggage or leave the transit area. I have never explored this option as it seemed risky, but are they liable for any loss of baggage during baggage transfer? I was also told long ago that Airlines of the same group(Star Alliance, One World,etc.) and partner airlines have baggage transfer agreements. Vistara and SQ are partner airlines, so it should be possible. Maybe I'll try this when I'm flying solo.
Regarding the previous post, I feel it is cheaper to book two one-way tickets between IN and VNM. It would be 40K miles+tax, but 46.9k+tax if done through SE program.
They don't follow transit rule they tally pnr some people buy bombay Singapore halt Singapore bangkok with different pnr in that case ur not allowed to board.be very careful

VibrantAnkur

TF Premier
The pnr should be same of bombay sing sing hanoi / ho chi Minh if pnr is different then u need a sing visa.so do check.j suggest vietjiet direct flight bombay ho chi min
There's no such requirement of same PNR on SQ for different segments. I have flown it multiple times.

VibrantAnkur

TF Premier
If you fly SQ on both segments, SQ will be liable for any baggage loss/damage. Only Full-cost carriers like AirIndia have baggage sharing agreement with SQ. Vistara/Indigo etc doesn't have it and one requires Visa to claim the baggage.

Yeah, with one-way tickets, I think it'll be cheaper as you've mentioned above. I have included taxes in my above post. Thanks for the correction.

Last edited:

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
If you fly SQ on both segments, SQ will be liable for any baggage loss/damage. Only Full-cost carriers like AirIndia have baggage sharing agreement with SQ. Vistara/Indigo etc doesn't have it and one requires Visa to claim the baggage.

Yeah, with other airlines, I think it'll be cheaper as you've mentioned above. I have included taxes in my above post. Thanks for the correction.
Vistara is a full-service airline. So they should have a baggage sharing agreement as well. I will flying to Indonesia in a few weeks. I will probably check with the airline staff regarding this.