• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CV Points Best option to book tickets to Vietnam via Axis Magnus points?

Testcc

TF Buzz
Check AirAisa. Part of star alliance. You can fly from CCU to Kualalumpur (Air Asia Hub) and from there, you can go anywhere in SE asia including Hanoi / Ho Chi Minh.

Sharjeelshaikh

TF Premier
Vietjet is a budget carrier. And no Indian CC is their transfer partner. And beware of Vietjet. When I was returning from Hanoi last year, I saw many tourists stranded as their flight to India was cancelled without any intimation.
Been there last year .don't take vietjiet form tier two city it gets cancelled only take form delhi or Mumbai and choose port of entry as ho chi Minh hamesha full rehti flighy

Sharjeelshaikh

TF Premier
so first book tickets and then apply for visa
First see availability on the route.on that day .then apply visa .and go through Skyscanner and not viet jet website works very slow and most of times doens't accept credit card (goes bust during last stage of transaction).use sky scanner and waha se choose agoda preferably.200-300 expensive hai but process is smooth

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Been there last year .don't take vietjiet form tier two city it gets cancelled only take form delhi or Mumbai and choose port of entry as ho chi Minh hamesha full rehti flighy
Hmm. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews. But mostly negative. I will avoid vietjet altogether. When I was flying back to India from Hanoi, I saw that they had cancelled three flights and put people from two flight routes onto their AMD flight. The passengers had to make their own arrangements for their final destination from there. This is what someone from one of those flights told me at the airport. After seeing that, I made up my mind to never even consider that airline ever. No matter how inexpensive it can be. If you are budget-conscious, Indigo and Airasia are much better.

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hmm. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews. But mostly negative. I will avoid vietjet altogether. When I was flying back to India from Hanoi, I saw that they had cancelled three flights and put people from two flight routes onto their AMD flight. The passengers had to make their own arrangements for their final destination from there. This is what someone from one of those flights told me at the airport. After seeing that, I made up my mind to never even consider that airline ever. No matter how inexpensive it can be. If you are budget-conscious, Indigo and Airasia are much better.
any partner where i can book for vietnam using miles?

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
SQ is the best option considering they give 30% off during Spontaneous Escapes.

Total miles required for a round trip = 46,900 (subject to availability)
Yes. But booking through spontaneous escapes would require you to make make a split itinerary since this is applicable only for flights to and fro SIN. So by doing this, you would need to book a split itinerary and would need to obtain a Singapore visa. Instead, we can book two one-way tickets in and out of Vietnam if you are flying in and out of different ports. It should be 40K+$70 tax. This is decent value.

Last edited: