• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Salary account for net monthly 1.8L salary

kshaunak

TF Buzz
I have a HDFC Salary account & looking to move if they don't agree for a paid Infinia.
1. For Net monthly salary: 1.8L, what is the best Salary account?
2. I have DCB LTF, TataNeu Infinity LTF, Magnus (will close in October), IDFC First Wealth, Atlas. How can I leverage the Salary account move to get a Magnus replacement?

You can get Indus Grande account but it wont give you benefits like Magnus. Better negotiate with HDFC for Infinia.
I got infinia pre-approved with hdfc preferred salary account, but i haven't opted for it ..My RM told me u might ignore it for now may be in future you can get better offer

ICICI offers :poop: value on salary account. I am using ICICI salary account for last 5 years. At the beginning of my career when I joined my 2nd company, Icici bank representative help me open this account and I got 1 debit card which doesn't earn any reward, 1 credit card of lowest variant with annual charges(HPCL), 1 DAMAT account which charged ~1k per year. (My inhand salary credit was 50K then).:cry:
I am still using this salary account. Even though my salary increased to 1.5L+ , there is no extra benefit from ICICI . I had to take Home and Car loan from other banks. There is no credit card LTF offer. Everyday I get call from ICICI for debit card upgrade with charges or home loan balance transfer at higher interest rate. :cry: :cry:

I think this is the time to move on. Guys please suggest me a good saving bank account.

I got infinia pre-approved with hdfc preferred salary account, but i haven't opted for it ..My RM told me u might ignore it for now may be in future you can get better offer
hey, could you please share on what basis they offered infinia pre-approved to you?
I mean what were the contributing factors ?
Also, you were offered infinia pre-approved just after opening the preferred salary account or what was the case?
I'm just trying to understand for my eligibility.

hey, could you please share on what basis they offered infinia pre-approved to you?
I mean what were the contributing factors ?
Also, you were offered infinia pre-approved just after opening the preferred salary account or what was the case?
I'm just trying to understand for my eligibility.
I already have a hdfc saving account since last 10yrs it was Salary account since 2014-20 and may 23- till date. Yes May be coz of preferred i might have got pre approved offers. Also i kept balance of more than 1 -1.5L for period of 2 3 months.

I already have a hdfc saving account since last 10yrs it was Salary account since 2014-20 and may 23- till date. Yes May be coz of preferred i might have got pre approved offers. Also i kept balance of more than 1 -1.5L for period of 2 3 months.
I see.
I think it was the 10yrs of relationship that paid off + the preferred account (as you feel that you got pre-approved offers because of preferred).
I thought you probably had a HDFC CC with credit limit of 5/8L+ and hence they offered you infinia as infinia's starting limit itself is high.

I see.
I think it was the 10yrs of relationship that paid off + the preferred account (as you feel that you got pre-approved offers because of preferred).
I thought you probably had a HDFC CC with credit limit of 5/8L+ and hence they offered you infinia as infinia's starting limit itself is high.
Yes i had previous Times Platinum credit card. Which i had started with 75k limit and when i closed the card limit at that time was 5L. But i got preferred 5 6 months after that. Currently my Regalia gold has limit of 9L+. I use axis ace for utility bill and sbi cashback card for Amazon and flipkart shopping. Have not thought about any use case in which Infinia will be required i guess it is more useful for travel Nd luxury spending person ,both of which i am not.I can be wrong also

Yes i had previous Times Platinum credit card. Which i had started with 75k limit and when i closed the card limit at that time was 5L. But i got preferred 5 6 months after that. Currently my Regalia gold has limit of 9L+
I see. You can get Infinia with that limit but I believe you would like it to be LTF.
Did you get any offer on Infinia again after that?

I see. You can get Infinia with that limit but I believe you would like it to be LTF.
Did you get any offer on Infinia again after that?
I have actually not checked again for Infinia. Actually my usage is such that I can manage with Normal cashback credit cards. Not sure with my usage if i can extract more benefits and rewards with Infinia. Also I have other banks credit cards like Axis, ICICI ,BOB ,SBI.

I have actually not checked again for Infinia. Actually my usage is such that I can manage with Normal cashback credit cards. Not sure with my usage if i can extract more benefits and rewards with Infinia. Also I have other banks credit cards like Axis, ICICI ,BOB ,SBI.
I mentioned Infinia because you already have Regalia gold with 9L+ limit.
I believe most folks on this forum would recommend you to take Infinia if you are getting it LTF.
You should check with your RM probably on this.

None of the points you mentioned here can get you access to Infinia. It could mostly be your credit card limit and its spends. How much did you spend on the credit card in the last 6 months? And was the upgrade offer showing up on the portal or it is just something that your RM informed you?

Not flexing by any means, but, I too have a salary account with HDFC from almost 10 years which is upgraded to Imperia more than a year back and maintains a good amount of funds in that. I was not offered any Infinia upgrade.

Back