• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best way to buy iPhone(on Flipkart BBD sale) using HDFC Infinia metal card

bumblebee

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys.

I am planning to buy iPhone in the Flipkart sale using the CC.

I saw on smartbuy website that there is 1%CB and 3x reward points for Flipkart. Will i get both of these things or just one?

Also, there is 5x reward points on Gyftr, if you buy Flipkart GV but max limit is 10k.

If any one has already done something like this in the previous sale, can you please suggest how can utilize my card in best way to buy the iphone in the sale?

Thanks,

You'll either get 1% or 3x/2x depending upon the card you hold.
Gyftr also has 5x/3x or 5% depending upon card.
Also, then there is max cap per day.
You can see details at:

Hi Guys.

I am planning to buy iPhone in the Flipkart sale using the CC.

I saw on smartbuy website that there is 1%CB and 3x reward points for Flipkart. Will i get both of these things or just one?

Also, there is 5x reward points on Gyftr, if you buy Flipkart GV but max limit is 10k.

If any one has already done something like this in the previous sale, can you please suggest how can utilize my card in best way to buy the iphone in the sale?

Thanks,
Which iPhone model?

if it's latest model you wish to buy, then better to buy from imagine via smartbuy, that has 5x points. if it's lower model, then buy from flipkart and get 3x points. not sure if u can use 10k gift card also in this case and pay rest via card

if it's latest model you wish to buy, then better to buy from imagine via smartbuy, that has 5x points. if it's lower model, then buy from flipkart and get 3x points. not sure if u can use 10k gift card also in this case and pay rest via card
Yes you can use more than a single payment method in flopkart (voucher+card/upi/wallet), have done that a couple of weeks ago

Has anyone here tried using emi with large purchase.
The website mentions its valid with emi also.
Example(infinia) : iphone ( mrp 79k) from imagine will give you 7.5k capped accelerated rewards without emi.
With emi, it becomes around 13k in total. (5x).
Not sure if this actually works

Has anyone here tried using emi with large purchase.
The website mentions its valid with emi also.
Example(infinia) : iphone ( mrp 79k) from imagine will give you 7.5k capped accelerated rewards without emi.
With emi, it becomes around 13k in total. (5x).
Not sure if this actually works
I doubt if you get points on EMI. Remember reading that points are not being awarded on EMI transactions

Current tnc's : Offer also applicable on Credit Card Easy EMI Transactions (on Flights / Hotels / Bus / Instant Vouchers / SmartBuy Flipkart store & Apple Imagine Tresor). Bonus RP on Infinia, Diners Black, Regalia & Diners Privilege Credit card and Cashback on other credit cards would be posted every month on the EMI amount levied on that given month

Which other card will give more benifit ? I have Diner's club black , how much Can we get via this
Buying from imagine will give you 3X points so basically 10% flat with daily cap of 2.5k accelerated points
So for 1.65k in normal points and 2.5k in accelerated points so 4.1k in points paid fully via card

But i'd suggest redeeming points (upto 25k for a 50k purchase) in imagine as value of points are 1:1 for imagine

Buying from imagine will give you 3X points so basically 10% flat with daily cap of 2.5k accelerated points
So for 1.65k in normal points and 2.5k in accelerated points so 4.1k in points paid fully via card

But i'd suggest redeeming points (upto 25k for a 50k purchase) in imagine as value of points are 1:1 for imagine
2.5K include both base and accelerated points

Thanks for the great response guys.

FYI, I am planning to buy iPhone 13 pro using HDFC Infinia. I already bought 10K Flipkart GV from Gyftr. i will pay the rest using Infinia CC for 3x RPs(capped at 7500 per day.. :cry:)

Last edited:
i totally forget about hdfc smartbuy , so i have fk axis , sbi and apay icici card, it seem around 9150 will be credited in total 1650 today and 7500 point tomorrow , it would be more though stupid devalution . I'm considering to shifting to ios from android which seem so difficult though. where else above 1 lakhs i need to check how much discount will be applied i think it 5k through axis fk card or any axis card on fk

Last edited:
Back