• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best way to get a LTF HDFC credit card (and a path to infinia) with online only relationship

Hello to the good people on this forum!

I'm looking to get an HDFC LTF card. I read through multiple threads on TF and understood that opening a savings account with hdfc usually results in a preapproved invitation for a credit card.

I opened up a savings max account online around 5 months back (should have probably gone through the offline route).

No offer has been received so far. I did get an invite to upgrade to preferred banking so I took it (since I met the criteria), wouldn't hesitate to downgrade later.

I called up my RM (her details were made available when I upgraded to preferred) and she told me that hdfc doesn't give ltf cards anymore, which I find hard to believe. Also, this RM is lethargic and doesn't bother answering phone calls 8 times out of 10.

My current salary is 2.54L/m and I hold the following cards -
* Axis Flipkart (6L)
* Axis Ace (6L)
* IDFC wealth (4.9L)
* ICICI AZ pay (7.2L)
* ICICI Platinum (7.2L)
* SBI Cashback (2.2L)

1. What is the best route for me to get a LTF core card that I can use during sales?
2. Which card should I be aiming for?
3. Should I try visiting the branch where my account was opened?

I would eventually like to get a DCB or work my way upto infinia later on as well.

Thank you!

I'm looking to get an HDFC LTF card. I read through multiple threads on TF and understood that opening a savings account with hdfc usually results in a preapproved invitation for a credit card.

I opened up a savings max account online around 5 months back (should have probably gone through the offline route).

No offer has been received so far. I did get an invite to upgrade to preferred banking so I took it (since I met the criteria), wouldn't hesitate to downgrade later.

I called up my RM (her details were made available when I upgraded to preferred) and she told me that hdfc doesn't give ltf cards anymore, which I find hard to believe. Also, this RM is lethargic and doesn't bother answering phone calls 8 times out of 10.

* Axis Flipkart (6L)
* Axis Ace (6L)
* IDFC wealth (4.9L)
* ICICI AZ pay (7.2L)
* ICICI Platinum (7.2L)
* SBI Cashback (2.2L)

1. What is the best route for me to get a LTF core card that I can use during sales?

I would eventually like to get a DCB or work my way upto infinia later on as well.

Thank you!
Update proper income details in netbanking profile.

Wait for DCB to come as pre approved, can take year, have patience.

RM are just useless at HDFC. I am gonna file a complaint in HDFC for deficiency of services and complain about no support from RM in the same.

* Axis Flipkart (6L)
* Axis Ace (6L)
* IDFC wealth (4.9L)
* ICICI AZ pay (7.2L)
* ICICI Platinum (7.2L)
* SBI Cashback (2.2L)

Thank you!
Why do you want LTF?

You can directly apply for DCB metal using c2c method as your other cards have >5L limit and you satisfy salary criteria also. Just visit the branch and apply. After getting DCB metal, spend 7.5L in six months and the go for Infinia

2.5lpm hai..fir bhi inko ltf chaiye..
What's the problem with seeking LTF card? OP has some query. If you know the solution then answer. No need to troll anyone.

* Axis Flipkart (6L)
* Axis Ace (6L)
* IDFC wealth (4.9L)
* ICICI AZ pay (7.2L)
* ICICI Platinum (7.2L)
* SBI Cashback (2.2L)

Thank you!
What are your avg monthly spends? Try to get FYF DCB metal. AFAIK you already satisfy the criteria.
Try to upgrade it to Infinia once the 6Months spends are more than 8L.
You can also get Infinia directly. A thread is available on same.

Thanks guys. I'll update the salary in netbanking and see what happens next. My average monthly spends using CCs are around 60k (+/-5k).
I don't think my salary meets the criteria to apply for infinia directly @Avatar Aang

Do you recommend I visit the branch once and try to push?

* Axis Flipkart (6L)
* Axis Ace (6L)
* IDFC wealth (4.9L)
* ICICI AZ pay (7.2L)
* ICICI Platinum (7.2L)
* SBI Cashback (2.2L)

Thank you!
Yes you will get dcb easily( ans salary anbove 1.75 l pm ) and dcb is at par with infinia .
In some cases ( milestones) even better . Dcb need less spending also as compared to infinia for annual waiver . Go for it without any reason .
Some places accepectiblity issue is there .

Yes you will get dcb easily( ans salary anbove 1.75 l pm ) and dcb is at par with infinia .
In some cases ( milestones) even better . Dcb need less spending also as compared to infinia for annual waiver . Go for it without any reason .
Some places accepectiblity issue is there .
Is it possible to get dcb as ltf?

Thanks guys. I'll update the salary in netbanking and see what happens next. My average monthly spends using CCs are around 60k (+/-5k).
I don't think my salary meets the criteria to apply for infinia directly @Avatar Aang

Do you recommend I visit the branch once and try to push?
Yes I know you don't meet the salary criteria for Infinia.
What I said is you meet the criteria for DCB. Personally I haven't heard anyone got DCB Metal as LTF. However, you can get it as FYF.
I have DCB plastic LTF. I've rarely faced acceptance issues in India. I stay in a tier 3 city.
DCB has some major acceptance issues in some foreign countries. It was not accepted at a single POS in Paris.

One of my friends has upgraded from DCB Plastic LTF to DCB Metal FYF. His credit limit is more than 8L and 6 months Spends are more than 8L. He is eligible for Infinia but doesn't want it. He says the Quarterly 10K points of DCB metal are better for him than 5x on Infinia. So yeah DCB Metal is also a good card.

Is it possible to get dcb as ltf?
Pre Approved LTF offers on Premium (Reg Gold) and Super Premium (DCB, Infinia) cards are rare with HDFC, but as stated above by many you can get FYF DCB relatively easily,

If you can reach reach fee waiver criteria on DCB then it doesn't matter much

If you can also upgrade to Infinia with spends, then FYF is good enough as you'll get enough reaward points on renewal to offset fees

I've said it before and I'll say it again ,it's not that HDFC Super Premium Cards are not worth the fee ,because they very well are Its that so many people are getting it LTF ,you feel bad about paying for it
Not really. There are many people like me are not paying fees as spend criteria is easily met.

The main point is, if your spends & earnings are good enough, then in an effort to get LTF card you end up getting substandard card instead of getting better card. DCB metal FYF is brilliant product for someone who earns >2L per month. You can always decide if you want to continue second year onwards or not. But if you are stuck on LTF card, then you will only get Gold LTF which is multiple levels below DCB metal

Back