• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

best way to pay credit card bill payment now (except cred or hdfc debit card) ?

GoodGuy

TF Buzz
Hi

What is the bext way to pay CC bill to have some cashback ? please let me know

P.S
I was using cred from a long time , but cashback has reduced drastically.. i have not tried any other platform like mobikwik, freecharge, paytm, etc ..
i dont have hdfc debit card as well..

Cheq could be a good option, check if you don't get charged extra fees.

Mobikwik was good but keeps getting worse day by day and the payments are slow.
What CRED ensures is the rewards are missing but the payments are super fast and the reminders help too!

Cheq could be a good option, check if you don't get charged extra fees.

Mobikwik was good but keeps getting worse day by day and the payments are slow.
What CRED ensures is the rewards are missing but the payments are super fast and the reminders help too!
Good if CRED reminders are working for you. For my wallet of 4-5 active cards, including several HDFC cards, it is hopelessly broken.
  1. It prompts me for bill payments for cards that are long since cancelled (replaced due to loss or cancelled entirely) or expired. I have examples of each of these.
  2. It randomly associates some cards (HDFC Swiggy, Neu etc.) as subsidiary cards to the main Infinia card, and then it is impossible to figure out which card what is pending.
  3. Repayments made on other platforms are not updated on CRED. Sometimes it is delayed by many days and sometimes it is never updated.
  4. There was always the problem of identifying One Card bills, which they claim has been fixed now, but I have not tested.
I would have put up with all of this, but the headache inducing UI (which changes all the time) and the humiliation of routinely getting Rs. 2-3 CB for > 1 L bill payments, after having to play the stupid roulette games is just too much for me. I will keep CRED for now because I am hoping that the > 60 L CRED coins I have accumulated is useful someday, but we all know that is never going to happen.

Axis Bank Liberty account provides Rs.750 cashback every quarter upon the bill payment of 60k. For full details, check out the following thread...

Hi

What is the bext way to pay CC bill to have some cashback ? please let me know

P.S
I was using cred from a long time , but cashback has reduced drastically.. i have not tried any other platform like mobikwik, freecharge, paytm, etc ..
i dont have hdfc debit card as well..
One option is Fi Salary Acc & use DC (dbt card) to pay CC bills via Pytm, Mbikwk, Pzapp etc. (need to check the max CB per month on Fi)
But u only get coins which you can convert into amzn vouchers etc later.
Better suited as 2ndary option if you already exhausted other routes.

Similary another SC prime DC (but dwngrd to 25k MAB later) & use as above to get 5% CB of max Rs500 pcm

idea is to search & find a DC that gives CB on CC bill paymnts instead of paying via UPI etc. ( others may point to better routes)

Good if CRED reminders are working for you. For my wallet of 4-5 active cards, including several HDFC cards, it is hopelessly broken.
  1. It prompts me for bill payments for cards that are long since cancelled (replaced due to loss or cancelled entirely) or expired. I have examples of each of these.
  2. It randomly associates some cards (HDFC Swiggy, Neu etc.) as subsidiary cards to the main Infinia card, and then it is impossible to figure out which card what is pending.
  3. Repayments made on other platforms are not updated on CRED. Sometimes it is delayed by many days and sometimes it is never updated.
  4. There was always the problem of identifying One Card bills, which they claim has been fixed now, but I have not tested.
I would have put up with all of this, but the headache inducing UI (which changes all the time) and the humiliation of routinely getting Rs. 2-3 CB for > 1 L bill payments, after having to play the stupid roulette games is just too much for me. I will keep CRED for now because I am hoping that the > 60 L CRED coins I have accumulated is useful someday, but we all know that is never going to happen.
CRED is not worth it in terms of CB. Yes pathetic Rs 2 Rs 3 CB

Alert!! Avoid using CRED. At the time of card payment, they show it as a success and then they refund the payment after a few days without any notification/sms/calls citing payment failure issues. It caused me late payment fees and a deduction in my Credit score (-60). Neither They accepted their mistake nor they paid any refund even after using CRED for 4+ years. CRED is not worth it for some penny cashback and credit score loss. I am currently making payments directly to a card without any third party. If you want to use third-party apps then better use PAYTM which is way faster and gives proper response within a few minutes.

It's just a useless app which only gives notifications for loans.

Alert!! Avoid using CRED. At the time of card payment, they show it as a success and then they refund the payment after a few days without any notification/sms/calls citing payment failure issues. It caused me late payment fees and a deduction in my Credit score (-60). Neither They accepted their mistake nor they paid any refund even after using CRED for 4+ years. CRED is not worth it for some penny cashback and credit score loss. I am currently making payments directly to a card without any third party. If you want to use third-party apps then better use PAYTM which is way faster and gives proper response within a few minutes.

It's just a useless app which only gives notifications for loans.
Yep CC as well as rental bill payment issues have popped up on CRED.

On top of that CRED has stopped accepting DC which means you loose on CB.

If cash flow wise possible then 1 can split the total due/3 & initiate CC bill paymnts 3 days before due date & continue for 3 days.

Worst case secenario 1 would at least fulfill the minimum due amount.

Back