• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Way to pay Credit Card Bill

kushal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Guys I am redacting this post as I have been asked by the bank for non disclosure as mentioned in TnCs else my account would be suspended. They had asked me to remove this as this violates the TnC related to not getting reward points for CC payments.

Last edited by a moderator:
HDFC bill pay not allowing debit card option for paying CC bill. Popped message reads like" this mode of payment not allowed for this bill". Anyone else facing similar issue?

HDFC bill pay not allowing debit card option for paying CC bill. Popped message reads like" this mode of payment not allowed for this bill". Anyone else facing similar issue?
you might be paying for some cc which is newly added on HDFC billpay like IDFC

I also got same error for IDFC but not on icici, axis, sbi, etc

Invalid card number comes up for all the cc payments on hsfc bill pay. Re-added the cards but still same issue. Last month transactions went smooth.

Invalid card number comes up for all the cc payments on hsfc bill pay. Re-added the cards but still same issue. Last month transactions went smooth.
Yes same issue being faced for ICICI, SBI and now newly added IDFC & AU cards, billpay has now become pathetic and poorly managed by HDFC

Last edited:
I have raised the issue with icici bank,hdfc bank and also with billdesk.Billdesk informed me that the payment is successful from their end and they are now taking the matter with merchant with bill payment reference number.
I will wait for few days, if no resolution, then will raise complaint on RBI portal.

Use Hdfc net banking if you have old ui it is working fine but app is showing invalid card details error
I paid axis bill yesterday

I am trying since morning. Getting invalid card number error.

Tried small amounts, tried on different banks - ICICI, Axis etc. But same error!

HDFC IT systems are far ahead of their their bad reputation. Nothing improves

Back