• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Way to pay Credit Card Bill

kushal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Guys I am redacting this post as I have been asked by the bank for non disclosure as mentioned in TnCs else my account would be suspended. They had asked me to remove this as this violates the TnC related to not getting reward points for CC payments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best way to pay credit card bill is either autopay or netbanking payment. :ROFLMAO: You won't get chillar as cb but peace of mind. Soon DC as an option under CC category will be removed by most when RBI steps in on bank's request leading by SBI itself. Das babu will come and announce for the benefit of bank customers we have come with few safe payment methods and criteria where use of debit card for CC payment is stopped with immediate effect.

So, how will it help customers? Das babu, "Banks are RBI's customers and we always work for benefit of our customers" We don't care about Bank's customers albeit. :bomb:

paid hdfc cc bill via idfc debit card from uni pay, no point received, already 10 days past now, will customer care help,please share details
Don't worry. Once my DC RPs came for older txns 21 days later while all txns after that came. It was SBI DC. Some txns especially done on holidays or near these dates give problem sometimes. Don't ever reach CC until it is 2 months delay and also never tell them you paid CC bill. Tell I had a online POS txn. :)

Yes, many people have received the points if they used the Platinum DC. Amex was already giving the correct MCC, so there were no issues with it.
Amex now shown in HDFC billpay and also in SBI unipay after bbps was made mandatory

Made payment for hdfc infinity card via Jio finance app for approx 25k in batches. All went through and received cashback as well. Plus point is amount is credited in hdfc card within minutes where unipay takes atleast 2 days.

Can we pay Amex payment via Unipay and Jio finance now?

Made payment for hdfc infinity card via Jio finance app for approx 25k in batches. All went through and received cashback as well. Plus point is amount is credited in hdfc card within minutes where unipay takes atleast 2 days.

Can we pay Amex payment via Unipay and Jio finance now?
Unipay takes 2 days? For me it was/is always instant since banks went live on BBPS. It's only BBPS that matters. Site/App all are same having integrated BBPS. HDFC Billpay when ICICI was not BBPS used to take 3-5 days. I last paid from HDFC Billpay in June. Not after that.

Unipay takes 2 days? For me it was/is always instant since banks went live on BBPS. It's only BBPS that matters. Site/App all are same having integrated BBPS. HDFC Billpay when ICICI was not BBPS used to take 3-5 days. I last paid from HDFC Billpay in June. Not after that.
I second that, BBPS is what actually matters here.

Have only paid hdfc bills via Unipay and that do takes 2 days. Haven't tried paying any other card bill yet. Haven't used unipay for last 20 days so don't know if things have changed and it's getting credited instantly for hdfc card.

Have only paid hdfc bills via Unipay and that do takes 2 days. Haven't tried paying any other card bill yet. Haven't used unipay for last 20 days so don't know if things have changed and it's getting credited instantly for hdfc card.
Since July start, HDFC payments once it was live on BBPS getting settled instantly and we receive sms from HDFC Bank also within 30 seconds. Same with all other 14 CC bbps billers. No matter from where you pay it, if txn is successful it is settled in seconds. Don't know how come it was not settling instantly 20 days ago and took 2 days for you. :) Only non-bbps billers takes time and now most if not on bbps platform are removed by bill payment sites/apps.

P.S: Reflecting of payment in your own statement may take time depending on bank. ICICI/SBI/Axis reflects it instantly in unbilled txns. HDFC next working day though available limit increases instantly. PNB T+1/2 days.

Last edited:
Back