• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best way to redeem IDFC wealth credit card reward points?

ronnie147

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I know that they are pretty straightforward with 1point=0.25Rs on the poshvine portal and there is no airmiles/hotel transfer program yet but just want to confirm if there is any hack people tried to redeem it with better conversion than 1/4?

Best way would be to use the option of paying through points while making online payment.
Here’s how to do it:
On any online transaction, when you land on the page where you are required to enter otp, there’s a check box that can be selected to make that payment via points.
When you check that box, you ll see the value of your points in inr. So when you go for this option, the payment will be first deducted form your cc and then 2-4 days later you will see a credit against points redemption.

P.S. : there’s a redemption fee of inr 117/- per redemption so try to redeem all points in 1 or 2 transactions only to avoid paying redemption fee for every small little transaction.

Hope this helps :)

Best way would be to use the option of paying through points while making online payment.
Here’s how to do it:
On any online transaction, when you land on the page where you are required to enter otp, there’s a check box that can be selected to make that payment via points.
When you check that box, you ll see the value of your points in inr. So when you go for this option, the payment will be first deducted form your cc and then 2-4 days later you will see a credit against points redemption.

P.S. : there’s a redemption fee of inr 117/- per redemption so try to redeem all points in 1 or 2 transactions only to avoid paying redemption fee for every small little transaction.

Hope this helps :)
I have to 67k points in wealth cc(16750 rs) . Paid utility bill close to 18k. Selected to pay via points .. Money still deducted via cc. 2-4 days later will I see credit against points redemption?.. is the redemption method still the same ??? Thanks for the post by the way

I have to 67k points in wealth cc(16750 rs) . Paid utility bill close to 18k. Selected to pay via points .. Money still deducted via cc. 2-4 days later will I see credit against points redemption?.. is the redemption method still the same ??? Thanks for the post by the way
For me too it happened for my kid's school fee, it failed and fell back to normal cc. But strangely for tax payment it went thru points.

Yes … after 3 days
I recently did a transaction and tried redeeming the reward points, while everything happened fine initially after 2-3 days I got an emails rating that the reward point redemption failed.

On sending a query to IDFC, this was their response -

With reference to your below email, as checked, the reward points on your credit card number ending with ****4533 are 32037 points; the transaction value for these reward points is 8009.25 INR. Hence the reward points were not redeemed on the transaction of 8,075.52 INR. However, if you wish to redeem points against the transactions, we request that you perform the transaction of 8009.25 INR as per the reward point balance.

I recently did a transaction and tried redeeming the reward points, while everything happened fine initially after 2-3 days I got an emails rating that the reward point redemption failed.

On sending a query to IDFC, this was their response -

With reference to your below email, as checked, the reward points on your credit card number ending with ****4533 are 32037 points; the transaction value for these reward points is 8009.25 INR. Hence the reward points were not redeemed on the transaction of 8,075.52 INR. However, if you wish to redeem points against the transactions, we request that you perform the transaction of 8009.25 INR as per the reward point balance.
redemption fee charged??? if not u can try again

Back