• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BOB Eterna is now becoming a most popular choice credit card

jetesh

TF Legend
BOB Eterna credit card has seen a significant rise in demand recently due to several attractive features:

1. With the recent launch of the Rupay network, BOB Eterna is becoming a popular choice in super premium credit card segment.
2. BOB Eterna offers the highest number of lounges.
3. Unlimited Domestic Lounge Access.
4. International lounge access will also be announced soon. Four international lounge access already available through the Rupay network.
5. Best Reward Points. 15 rewards points per Rs 100 on online shopping, dining, travel and international spends.
6. Plus, BOB Eterna annual fees are lower compared to other banks’ credit cards in the same segment.
7. And achieving a fee waiver is a breeze !
8. Foreign Exchange Mark-up fee of 2%.
9. Buy 1 Get 1 Free Movie ticket via Paytm
10. Welcome Gift of FitPass Pro Membership worth Rs. 15,000.
eterna-shadow-19-feb24.webp

Last edited:
Same 😅 😅 😅
Just prefer the one which suits you and dont push it. I have amex, visa, rupay and i use as per need.
See now that i get ,
I got 2 Rupay's, an Amex and a Diners Club, with a couple of Visa's mixed in altogether,
I just use based on my requirements

And even after that RBI notification on network portability, getting network changed of existing cards is quite tricky, banks are very resistant to it, so why bother

Last edited:
Rupay doesn’t work anywhere and its nonsense to say that its accepted in foriegn countries as its just accepted at very few locations and that too via JCB/Discover network. Even if its accepted by native Rupay, its cumbersome to find those places.

Visa and mastercard should be the major one as you can go to any big or small shop and buy anything, rupay will always leave you hanging dry also the rupay is not future ready and it will die down pretty soon.

Edit: and i dont understand why some people are so hell bent on rupay. Its bad and people should accept it. During my PhD time, DST distributed 150 crores per IIT and IIIT to be used for research (I was CTO for one iHub) and as access to funds they provided RBI bank accounts and Visa/Mastercard based cards for spends as the goal is to sponsor events at various colleges and seminars and conferences and are paid by cards (in india).
99% transactions are domestic. RuPay accept almost everywhere in India.

After CC on UPI, many place Visa and mastercard is not accepted but RuPay CC UPI accept there.

All card networks sponsors events at various colleges and seminars etc, this is nothing new but NPCI/RuPay is the biggest sponsor across India. Many students do their internship in NPCI/RuPay.

If you start searching on LinkedIn, you'll find 99% of the news is about NPCI/RuPay on sponsors events in colleges or internship and only 1% is about Visa/Mastercard in India.

And the simple reason for this is that NPCI/RuPay is a non-profit org. Whatever profit NPCI makes, it re-invests back into every sector in India.

On the other hand, Visa/Mastercard is a 'for-profit' company. Visa/Mastercard only focuses on its profit and nothing else.

When the Indian govt approached Visa for the NCMC project and Jan Dhan cards, Visa refused because it wasn't seeing its profit. And why would Visa help another country so much? Visa Card only concerned with its own profit.

Before RuPay, only 50-60 banks in India were able to issue Visa/Mastercard because Visa/Mastercard charged so much that other banks couldn't afford to issue them.

Today, there are 1,250 banks in India that issue RuPay cards.

The boom in Digital India has been possible because of RuPay/UPI.

The last thing is, the more people use RuPay, the more customers will benefit in the future due to 'non-profit' org. Conversely, the more people use Visa/Mastercard, the less profit there will be, because why would Visa/Mastercard invest so much in a country where people blindly trust them?

From past few years Visa card gives many card network based offers because Visa's customer base has decreased. Yet, people still don’t understand this. If you promote Visa cards more, they will stop providing network-based offers.

99% transactions are domestic. RuPay accept almost everywhere in India.

After CC on UPI, many place Visa and mastercard is not accepted but RuPay CC UPI accept there.

All card networks sponsors events at various colleges and seminars etc, this is nothing new but NPCI/RuPay is the biggest sponsor across India. Many students do their internship in NPCI/RuPay.

If you start searching on LinkedIn, you'll find 99% of the news is about NPCI/RuPay on sponsors events in colleges or internship and only 1% is about Visa/Mastercard in India.

And the simple reason for this is that NPCI/RuPay is a non-profit org. Whatever profit NPCI makes, it re-invests back into every sector in India.

On the other hand, Visa/Mastercard is a 'for-profit' company. Visa/Mastercard only focuses on its profit and nothing else.

When the Indian govt approached Visa for the NCMC project and Jan Dhan cards, Visa refused because it wasn't seeing its profit. And why would Visa help another country so much? Visa Card only concerned with its own profit.

Before RuPay, only 50-60 banks in India were able to issue Visa/Mastercard because Visa/Mastercard charged so much that other banks couldn't afford to issue them.

Today, there are 1,250 banks in India that issue RuPay cards.

The boom in Digital India has been possible because of RuPay/UPI.

The last thing is, the more people use RuPay, the more customers will benefit in the future due to 'non-profit' org. Conversely, the more people use Visa/Mastercard, the less profit there will be, because why would Visa/Mastercard invest so much in a country where people blindly trust them?

From past few years Visa card gives many card network based offers because Visa's customer base has decreased. Yet, people still don’t understand this. If you promote Visa cards more, they will stop providing network-based offers.
All good on paper. Indian Railways don't accept RuPay cards for payment only Visa Master 😀

On other forum you said to keep Visa Master not to change network as Visa/Master will come up with more offers like 300 tap to pay. Now you want Visa Master to get banned?

Actually if you are working for RuPay there is a conflict of interest and bias in whatever you say 😐

All good on paper. Indian Railways don't accept RuPay cards for payment only Visa Master 😀

On other forum you said to keep Visa Master not to change network as Visa/Master will come up with more offers like 300 tap to pay. Now you want Visa Master to get banned?

Actually if you are working for RuPay there is a conflict of interest and bias in whatever you say 😐
Indian Railways accept RuPay cards, they have many co-branded IRCTC RuPay credit cards.

Enter your RuPay card details on payment gateway page and pay.

It was a joke during the conversation with @SSV about the ban. We keep pulling each other's leg like this.

It's not about bias, it's patriotism. If Indians don't know how to love their own country, then what can be done?

And also, patriotism doesn't mean you should start hating everything. I'm the biggest fan of Visa cards. I've always promoted the SBI Cashback Visa card, Axis Ultra premium Visa/mastercard cards like Atlas, Burgundy etc, HDFC Infinia Visa/mastercard, RBL Visa/Mastercard Debit Card and HDFC Visa/Mastercard Debit Card.

I suggest Visa cards to those who frequently do international transactions. I've never said to take a RuPay card on a world tour. I just say to take it as a secondary card for International transaction.

But where the RuPay card is offering the same benefits, at least use and get the RuPay card there. This way, Visa/Mastercard's market share will decrease, and in the future, Visa/Mastercard will offer card network deals to regain their market share.

@newinnov

Indian Railways accept RuPay cards, they have many co-branded IRCTC RuPay credit cards.

It was a joke during the conversation with @SSV about the ban. We keep pulling each other's leg like this.

It's not about bias, it's patriotism. If Indians don't know how to love their own country, then what can be done?

And also, patriotism doesn't mean you should start hating everything. I'm the biggest fan of Visa cards. I've always promoted the SBI Cashback Visa card, Axis Ultra premium Visa/mastercard cards like Atlas, Burgundy etc, HDFC Infinia Visa/mastercard, RBL Visa/Mastercard Debit Card and HDFC Visa/Mastercard Debit Card.

I suggest Visa cards to those who frequently do international transactions. I've never said to take a RuPay card on a world tour. I just say to take it as a secondary card for International transaction.

But where the RuPay card is offering the same benefits, at least use and get the RuPay card there. This way, Visa/Mastercard's market share will decrease, and in the future, Visa/Mastercard will offer card network deals to regain their market share.

@newinnov
I tried to use Kotak League RuPay cuz it has 2.5% surcharge waiver on railway booking at counters but every time they say currently RuPay card is not allowed.

I tried to use Kotak League RuPay cuz it has 2.5% surcharge waiver on railway booking at counters but every time they say currently RuPay card is not allowed.
Oh, offline railway counters?

I have already told this, I hope you know Hindi, read this

By the way i have noticed something - if you complain to the railway on Twitter, they take immediate action, and they start accepting RuPay cards at the station a few weeks later.

Indian Railways don't accept RuPay cards for payment
not true.
true.

unfortunately, recently made a booking on irctc(rr) selected rupay card option (not cc). all pgs were showing surcharge even for rupay. finally used hdfc pg which didn't show any surcharge. but 1 day later i get surcharge added by the merchant. very sad.

Oh, offline railway counters?

I have already told this, I hope you know Hindi, read this

By the way i have noticed something - if you complain to the railway on Twitter, they take immediate action, and they start accepting RuPay cards at the station a few weeks later.

I use HDFC RuPay UPI at counter 0 surcharge if they deny Kotak League RuPay. The clerk whines to pay cash not UPI.

100% agree. Govt must ban Visa/mastercard.

Visa/mastercard is just another network.. nothing great about it ..

When RuPay is available, why we need to use visa/mastercard.

One or two Visa/mastercard variant CCs are enough for our use. Block or convert all Visa/mastercard variant to RuPay.
Dil pe haath rakh ke bolna - agar RBL Signature+ DC rupay network pe launch hoga to tum uske tweet karna band kar doge?

Dil pe haath rakh ke bolna - agar RBL Signature+ DC rupay network pe launch hoga to tum uske tweet karna band kar doge?
Tweet karne ya na karne se kya hota hai. Tweet karne se thorai devalue ho jate hai, Ulte aur promotion hota hai.

1 saal se uppar ho gaya, SBI Cashback credit card ka devaluation na hone ka karan ha mai tweet karta hu

RBL Signature+ DC, RBL Enterprise DC bhi devalue nahi hua credit card bill payment k liye kyunki mai tweet karta hu

Par HDFC Infinia CC, Millennia CC, Indusind Debit Card etc devalue isiliye ho rahe hai kyunki log promote nahi kar rahe hai twitter par. Bank ko customers nahi mil rahe hai isiliye devalue kar de rahe hai. 😜😜

Mai kya puch raha hu aur kya ans de rahe ho.

The railway counter refused to accept your RuPay credit card; were they accepting Visa/Mastercard credit cards?
Aaj kal railway counter par wo bhi credit card se ticket karwata hee kaun hai.
Bechaare sarkari Naukri waalon ke peeche pade rehte hai log, yaar unki machine sadiyon purani hai jo shayad support nahin karti hogi Rupay.
Also believe only what you experience personally.

😂😂😂😂😂 That is the problem people siting in front of computer don't know ground reality. There are always long queue near railway counters even today. If you travel by train one would know why you would book ticket at the reservation counter. I will not enlighten them. POS machines are not new at railway stations since 2010 they are present as far I remember and they were additional charges back then. How can they be century old poor knowledge meaningless comment's. I don't want to waste time on this thread to reply ignorant people bye.

Last edited:
Aaj kal railway counter par wo bhi credit card se ticket karwata hee kaun hai.
Bechaare sarkari Naukri waalon ke peeche pade rehte hai log, yaar unki machine sadiyon purani hai jo shayad support nahin karti hogi Rupay.
Also believe only what you experience personally.
Ya Railway k POS machine softwares updated nahi hai, Jo ekdum purane machine hai woh sab banks free me bhi replace kar dete hai but problem hai itna large scale pe govt companies me kaam karne k liye tender nikalte hai, phir companies bid karte hai, yeh sab karne me 5-6 years yuhi gujar jate hai.

Phir paper works bahut hote hai govt jobs me, isiliye har kam slow hota hai.

Bas itna kahunga India me koi bhi aisa POS machine ya POS acquirer banks nahi hai jo RuPay card accept na karta ho. 100% saare POS machine RuPay card accept karte hai India me, Bas accept na karne ka reason ya toh software update nahi hoga ya merchant ne apne side se enable nahi kiya hoga ab tak. Bas ek simple sa aajkal call karne se bhi within a week me POS merchant companies enabled kar dete hai but baat agar bade govt companies ki ho toh tender wagera ka problem aa jata hai, lots of paper works wagera etc.

One person here filed a complaint with the Department of Financial Services (Ministry of Finance) and enabled RuPay Credit Card UPI on some govt companies/PSU - 🤣🤣

It is a legit official govt website used to file complaints against central PSUs & state PSUs -

@CreditCardFino

Back