• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Buy GOLD below market rate - 10% Discount on Gold Coins at AJIO on ICICI Credit Cards

Sorry about this question , which is better 22ct or 24ct carat gold coin ?

I did buy coin 22ct coins from ajio but wondering whether its better than 24ct
Both are fine only. We can accumulate both for investment purpose.
Generally people prefer 24KT for investment and 22/18KT for jewellery.
Exchange/Selling value will be as per the current day's rate.

Sorry about this question , which is better 22ct or 24ct carat gold coin ?

I did buy coin 22ct coins from ajio but wondering whether its better than 24ct
in simple terms,
22 carat coin contains 91.67 % of pure gold and rest some other metals

24 carat coin contains 99,9 %!of pure gold and rest some other metals…

At the end of the day, you bought some gold at market rate at that time in the anticipation of increase in value in future, mostly it will ../
Biota are good. They will glove increased value in a few years time

on amazon pendant can be bought at lower price - is there some problem while selling pendant compared to gold coin (both 24k)
I bought WHp 1gm coin for 7116. I know coin can be sold easily but not sure about purchasing pendants.

on amazon pendant can be bought at lower price - is there some problem while selling pendant compared to gold coin (both 24k)
I bought WHp 1gm coin for 7116. I know coin can be sold easily but not sure about purchasing pendants.
Coins or pendants or any other jewelry, Jewelers only consider the metal purity and weight.
So no problem. Gold is GOLD ;)

It is for range Rs 4,999 - Rs 10,999
ICICI and Onecard gives 1K discount

Net price = 14759 = 7,379.5 per gram
ibja rate = 7235.6 + 217.068(3%) = 7,452.66 per gram

So yes lesser than market rate
Can we make the payment using Ajio GV's against buying the gold coins/bar?

100% agree, to buy krte time ye sochna to pdega na bikega k nahi, in need of emergency,
The way people sell their physical gold...same way these coins can be sold back to any jeweler or can be exchanged in the form of jewellery. Someone mentioned in this thread that GRT was will willing to pay the full value of coins.

i checked with one small jeweler...he was willing to buy at market rate minus gst..his savings is gst component

The way people sell their physical gold...same way these coins can be sold back to any jeweler or can be exchanged in the form of jewellery. Someone mentioned in this thread that GRT was will willing to pay the full value of coins.

i checked with one small jeweler...he was willing to buy at market rate minus gst..his savings is gst component
So there is not difference in 24k .... mmtc gold, Bangalore refinery, tanishq , reliance gold, Malabar , suiss?. Since they all will be sold at same price?

So there is not difference in 24k .... mmtc gold, Bangalore refinery, tanishq , reliance gold, Malabar , suiss?. Since they all will be sold at same price?
Yes. Even 999 and 999.9 are same price-wise as long as they pass the purity check.
I personally prefer and accumulating BRPL, Kundan, Bhima, Malabar gold bars (preference in this order).
MMTC and Tanishq are too costly.

Last edited:
Yes. Even 999 and 999.9 are same price-wise as long as they pass the purity check.
I personally prefer and accumulating BRPL, Bhima, Malabar gold bars (preference in this order).
Note: I checked the purity and price at GRT Jewellers. Tested both BRPL (999.9) and Malabar(999). They offered same price for both.

Note: I checked the purity and price at GRT Jewellers. Tested both BRPL (999.9) and Malabar(999). They offered same price for both.
What is GRT and , I want to know, why people are after Bangalore refinery and mmtc if they are sold at same price. And also what is the point of buying mmtc or other costly gold if they all have same market value ( i.e. all will the sold/exchanged at same price)
??

What is GRT and , I want to know, why people are after Bangalore refinery and mmtc if they are sold at same price. And also what is the point of buying mmtc or other costly gold if they all have same market value ( i.e. all will the sold/exchanged at same price)
??
I personally prefer and accumulating BRPL, Kundan, Bhima, Malabar gold bars (preference in this order).

??
GRT jewellers - A branded jewellery shop.
https://www.grtjewels.com/

Only point is they are available in Ecom sites that offers 10% instant discount on select bank cards.
Post discount the price almost matches with the raw gold price.

If you buy gold coin offline, you will have to pay the actual gold price+ making charges+ 3 percent GST.

Back