• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

buying car with credit card

arko

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I am eyeing buying xuv 300 or grand vitara(strong hybrid) with credit card. any car suggestion is welcome.

I think they will not take more than 5L using cc without charges

I can use

hdfc tata neu rupay(above 8 lakh limit) for upi ----will it get me neucoins?

hdfc diners black --but then i cant use neu card(joint limit)

axis ace 1.5L lakh limit

icici apay -4 lakh limit

cards i hold idfc select/simplyclick/amex mrcc/indusind legend/axis flipkart

I'm planning to buy in Jan/Feb, already booked and there is a total discount of 0rs on my car model. So I'm planning to pay 5 lacs via CC. I was wondering if they are going to charge me 1-2% fees, can i fight back?

I am planning to purchase Tata Nexon worth INR 1390000 on road via credit card. I have DCB and Standard Chartered Ultimate cards with me. I came to know from showroom that I would need to pay whatever MDR charges they would be charged from the bank. They are saying that they can not confirm how much additional charges they would take. Does anyone know what are the MDR charges for doing the transaction of around 14 lacs using DCB credit card or Standard Chartered Ultimate card ?

Note : I want to use DCB in favour of Standard Chartered Ultimate due to its limited rewards redemption catalogue, so would prefer using HDFC DCB.

I am planning to purchase Tata Nexon worth INR 1390000 on road via credit card. I have DCB and Standard Chartered Ultimate cards with me. I came to know from showroom that I would need to pay whatever MDR charges they would be charged from the bank. They are saying that they can not confirm how much additional charges they would take. Does anyone know what are the MDR charges for doing the transaction of around 14 lacs using DCB credit card or Standard Chartered Ultimate card ?

Note : I want to use DCB in favour of Standard Chartered Ultimate due to its limited rewards redemption catalogue, so would prefer using HDFC DCB.
DCB does not work on most machines. Tell the dealer that you will not buy tata nexon but will buy brezza/mahindra xuv etc. and simple try to walk off if he does not remove the credit card fee. paying a fee of 1.5 -2% is not worth paying with cc.

DCB does not work on most machines. Tell the dealer that you will not buy tata nexon but will buy brezza/mahindra xuv etc. and simple try to walk off if he does not remove the credit card fee. paying a fee of 1.5 -2% is not worth paying with cc.

Thank you for your suggestion. They informed me that no one has made such a big CC transaction before at their dealership, so they are not aware regarding what MDR charges they would be charged. But, I will try as per your suggestions. But I suspect they would not mind if I just walk off.

On a side note, why did you say that it is not worth to pay 1.5-2% fee for purchasing with cc. Both the cards that I hold will give me 3.3% returns. So, in any case, I will be in net 1.3% benefit. (approx Rs. 18000 - 1.3% of 1400000).

Thank you for your suggestion. They informed me that no one has made such a big CC transaction before at their dealership, so they are not aware regarding what MDR charges they would be charged. But, I will try as per your suggestions. But I suspect they would not mind if I just walk off.

On a side note, why did you say that it is not worth to pay 1.5-2% fee for purchasing with cc. Both the cards that I hold will give me 3.3% returns. So, in any case, I will be in net 1.3% benefit. (approx Rs. 18000 - 1.3% of 1400000).
You forgot interest of 14L sitting in your account for a month roughly 3500

Keep updating us next updates

+1

because you are paying cash so the reward should be cash eqivalent

hi there, my dad is thinking to buy Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder (String Hybrid) he is going with Toyota cause of his brand reputation i think.. for me i haven't took the test drive yet.. checked the card yesterday so we or he want to pay by jan and the dealership said some 5-6% increment from 1st jan 2024 with MRD Charges of 1-2% as per CC Charges on that bank so Amex plantium was my preference but it seem most of them their in the forum have the card but didn't swipe or cause of high MDR merchant said not supported. so i though i can use my cc but then car would be in my dad's name though. and won't be using for full payment just 5-8 lakhs.

Back