• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can I have Infinia and DCB both?

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello,

I currently hold HDFC Infinia. Today I emailed them asking about DCB LTF under alumni program. I explicitly told them that I don’t want to close my Infinia and would only take DCB if offered as a second and LTF card. I see that made a Cibil enquiry and now asked me fill up a form.

My question is: does anyone hold both Infinia and DCB? If so, what happens to the reward points? Are they earned and redeemed separately? Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks

Shared with my Infinia's 15L. It was an alumni upgrade from Neu Infinity to DCB, keeping Infinia untouched(did not mention that I hold Infinia any of the communications for upgrade).
Probably you had very high credit limit , hence they would might have allocated 8+ L to Infinia and rest to DCB ! This is a very good info . I shall wait for my credit limit to be increased to 12 + L then I will ask for DCB upgrade from existing Tata Neu . Thanks 🙏

Probably you had very high credit limit , hence they would might have allocated 8+ L to Infinia and rest to DCB ! This is a very good info . I shall wait for my credit limit to be increased to 12 + L then I will ask for DCB upgrade from existing Tata Neu . Thanks 🙏
There is no limit splitting. Tata Neu shares the overall limit with core card(either or both could be used to spend a cumulative of 15L in my case), and so does the DCB.

There is no limit splitting. Tata Neu shares the overall limit with core card(either or both could be used to spend a cumulative of 15L in my case), and so does the DCB.
Recently my relatives too got Infinia retaining DCB keeping 8L limit for Infinia and rest 5 for DCB , hence I assumed.
The whole process with HDFC itself has a lot of exceptions , depends who approve your request!

Recently my relatives too got Infinia retaining DCB keeping 8L limit for Infinia and rest 5 for DCB , hence I assumed.
The whole process with HDFC itself has a lot of exceptions , depends who approve your request!
Ok, that means..... dual cards are being issued with both shared and split limit mechanisms. Interesting.

Infinia can not be downgraded to DCB.

A. Those of you who have Infinia, first get Tata Neu or any other Co-branded card, wait for a quarter and then shoot a request for upgrade of co-branded card to DCB thru alumni route.

B. Those of you, who have DCB, and have an option and desire to Upgrade to Infinia, upgrade to Infinia first, then get a co-branded card wait for a quarter and get it upgraded to DCB thru Alumni route.

C. Those of you, who have DCB, but no offer to upgrade and are desirous of upgrading to Infinia, get a co-branded card first, keep on trying for DCB Upgrade to Infinia, once successful get the co-branded card upgraded to DCB thru Alumni route.
I have dcb ltf and tata neu inifinity ltf. Is there a way I upgrade dcb ltf to infinia ltf with salary, itr justifications as i dont have any account in hdfc or any nrv with them but ready to create one if ltf infinia can be arranged

I have dcb ltf and tata neu inifinity ltf. Is there a way I upgrade dcb ltf to infinia ltf with salary, itr justifications as i dont have any account in hdfc or any nrv with them but ready to create one if ltf infinia can be arranged
ITR > 50 Lacs and Present limit > 12 Lacs would get you Infinia without any other HDFC relationship.

I have an infinia and applied for DCB. My application was rejected with this wording - "we have reviewed your request and regret to inform that we are unable to proceed with your request for HDFC Bank Diners Black credit card as per internal parameters and guidelines."

There is no explanation for the decision. I will try applying for it in another 3 months and see if their stance changes.

Update: Spent 8.1K for the Degree Certificate from Alma Mater. Sent the same to HDFC, in continuation to previous communications. AND......

My Tata Neu Infinity Card has been upgraded to LTF Diners Club Black card. It is visible in HDFC Mobile App as transfer in today. INFINIA Card has not been touched, and in fact I did not mention anything about my Infinia, during entire email communications.

Now I have LTF DCB, FYF VISA INFINIA METAL, LTF MASTERCARD INFINIA PLASTIC(add on) .

Update: Spent 8.1K for the Degree Certificate from Alma Mater. Sent the same to HDFC, in continuation to previous communications. AND......

My Tata Neu Infinity Card has been upgraded to LTF Diners Club Black card. It is visible in HDFC Mobile App as transfer in today. INFINIA Card has not been touched, and in fact I did not mention anything about my Infinia, during entire email communications.

Now I have LTF DCB, FYF VISA INFINIA METAL, LTF MASTERCARD INFINIA PLASTIC(add on) .

@bitsst Congratulations on having 3 super premium cards from HDFC . what is the maximum amount of Amazon pay voucher you were able to buy from Smart buy in a given month ? Is it 20k per card per month or 20k combined for all 3? Thanks

Back