• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can I have Infinia and DCB both?

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello,

I currently hold HDFC Infinia. Today I emailed them asking about DCB LTF under alumni program. I explicitly told them that I don’t want to close my Infinia and would only take DCB if offered as a second and LTF card. I see that made a Cibil enquiry and now asked me fill up a form.

My question is: does anyone hold both Infinia and DCB? If so, what happens to the reward points? Are they earned and redeemed separately? Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks

You can't have the cake and eat it too :)

Future is uncertain. In future we might have Infinia Reserve, and everyone might run pillar to post to upgrade Infinia to Infinia reserve.
Exactly and that is one reason i decide to upgrade from ltf dcb to fyf infinia.. better chance to upgrade to better card in future..
Also now with daily capping increased in Infinia, it becomes even better and no brainer to pay the fees

I got my DCB LTF under alumni 4 months ago. & Tata Neu card today.
I see the recommendation is to get DCB upgraded to FYF inifinia, and (if needed) get Neu card upgraded to DCB LTF. I got neu in Rupay variant to use with UPI, so that upgrade I might not go for.

But is HDFC likely to upgrade a 4 month old DCB to FYF infinia? If yes, the route should be by the email suggested? or via RM?

I got my DCB LTF under alumni 4 months ago. & Tata Neu card today.
I see the recommendation is to get DCB upgraded to FYF inifinia, and (if needed) get Neu card upgraded to DCB LTF. I got neu in Rupay variant to use with UPI, so that upgrade I might not go for.

But is HDFC likely to upgrade a 4 month old DCB to FYF infinia? If yes, the route should be by the email suggested? or via RM?
+1

Got my DCB just 2 months back and the Tata Neu just a week back.

Currently, trying to push RM for DCB->Infinia. However, the chances are slim (723k limit on DCB). First response from RM was that the vintage of current card shud be 6 months and spends in last 1 year must be 15 lakhs in order to ask for an upgrade. Standard reply. Hence, the need for a push.

Let's see what happens.

+1

Currently, trying to push RM for DCB->Infinia. However, the chances are slim (723k limit on DCB). First response from RM was that the vintage of current card shud be 6 months and spends in last 1 year must be 15 lakhs in order to ask for an upgrade. Standard reply. Hence, the need for a push.

Let's see what happens.
Yes from my understanding of HDFC, minimum 6 month are required between two consecutive upgrades.

Regarding Upgrade HDFC is mysterious.

My case: DCB to Infinia Upgrade in 2019, my Annual income was around 32L; however, spent approx 9 lacs in a span of 07 months on DCB, including 4 lacs in a single month on a foreign trip. Moved salary account to HDFC. Significant annual Performance pay was credited in account. Very next month, sent upgrade form to HDFC Chennai and it was upgraded on first try.

+1

Let's see what happens.
Keep us posted if this works out.

Infinia can not be downgraded to DCB.

A. Those of you who have Infinia, first get Tata Neu or any other Co-branded card, wait for a quarter and then shoot a request for upgrade of co-branded card to DCB thru alumni route.

B. Those of you, who have DCB, and have an option and desire to Upgrade to Infinia, upgrade to Infinia first, then get a co-branded card wait for a quarter and get it upgraded to DCB thru Alumni route.

C. Those of you, who have DCB, but no offer to upgrade and are desirous of upgrading to Infinia, get a co-branded card first, keep on trying for DCB Upgrade to Infinia, once successful get the co-branded card upgraded to DCB thru Alumni route.
This is the best permutations and combination to hold Infinia & Diners both !

I hold an Infinia and Shoppers Stop HDFC Card. I went to my nearest branch, they said I need to close the Shoppers Stop card and ask for DCB. anybody else here was asked to close the other card?

I just got upgraded to Infinia FYF from DCB LTF ( alumni) . I hold Tata Neu card since 1 month . What is the recommendation for DCB upgrade through alumni route ? Should I wait for a quarter or 6 month to be completed before I ask to upgrade Tata Neu ? Is it even possible for upgrade Neu to DCB ?

I just got upgraded to Infinia FYF from DCB LTF ( alumni) . I hold Tata Neu card since 1 month . What is the recommendation for DCB upgrade through alumni route ? Should I wait for a quarter or 6 month to be completed before I ask to upgrade Tata Neu ? Is it even possible for upgrade Neu to DCB ?
Yeap. I had similar configuration Infinia Metal + Tata Neu Infinity. Applied for upgrade of Tata Neu Card to DCB after 8 months of issuance and it went through. However, this was my first use of Alumni Offer. In your case this will be 2nd use and there may be complications. However, no harm in trying, but wait for 06 months.

Last edited:
Yeap. I had similar configuration Infinia Metal + Tata Neu Infinity. Applied for upgrade of Tata Neu Card to DCB after 8 months of issuance and it went through. However, this was my first use of Alumni Offer. In your case this will be 2nd use and there may be complications. However, no harm in trying, but wait for 06 months.
wait for 6 months from date of issue of tata neu or infinia?

Back