• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can I open a Online ICICI savings account and convert it into Privilage Banking Program?

Ekavya

TF Premier
My ICICI CC limit is 4.6L. So I am elligible for Privilage Banking Program. My Net banking banner also showing the Privilage banking logo. So can I just open a Savings account online (I am lazy to go to Branch) upgrade it into Privilage banking program?

I have a zero balance account in ICICI which I opened online in Aug-23 by depositing 95,000 as opening balance. This offer was running back then, in the mid of Aug-24, ICICI upgraded my account to privilege banking account automatically, my TRV with ICICI is less than 50K. I feel that if you open bank account, they may automatically upgrade it to privilege banking account. However, I didn't feel anything special so far while operating the account. Maybe in branch banking experience would be different but I rarely need to visit branch.

I have a zero balance account in ICICI which I opened online in Aug-23 by depositing 95,000 as opening balance. This offer was running back then, in the mid of Aug-24, ICICI upgraded my account to privilege banking account automatically, my TRV with ICICI is less than 50K. I feel that if you open bank account, they may automatically upgrade it to privilege banking account. However, I didn't feel anything special so far while operating the account. Maybe in branch banking experience would be different but I rarely need to visit branch.
Thanks for the Info!

Just one thing is there any charges?

We want privilege banking to get family 360 something banking that gives the titanium debit card to get bms offer :hehe:

We want privilege banking to get family 360 something banking that gives the titanium debit card to get bms offer :hehe:
Titanium is their default credit card, even I got Titanium DC in blue color. I don't think it's the card that you were thinking. It looks like this. If you want it just for BMS offer, there are many cards that can offer the same.
Screenshot 2024-09-16 153820.webp

I got account directly with icici amazon pay credit card when I applied and as per new rbi norms any cashback to be credited to banking account hence I got free saving account with 0 balance and got debit card and cheque book and also got credit card offers and other offers for self employed category

Back