• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Canara HSBC Term insurance given counter offer

Kiranonlinee

TF Premier
********* Rejected Counter Offer *********

I bought 2cr term insurance from canara HSBC just 1 day before my birthday.

I already hold 1 cr term insurance

Initial quote was 18.5k P.A I paid initial payment and went for medicals and submitted all other docs

Insurer Provided Counter offer stating financial reasons.

Option 1 =>
1.8cr with revised premium of 20.5k P.A

Option 2 =>
1.64 with revised premium of 17.5k P.A

Is this a kind of scam or something else. Please provide a suggestion.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Kiranonlinee

TF Premier
What reason they provided? All good with medicals, didn't raise risk ratio there? Did you told them you already had policy of 1Cr. before or after taking the Quotation? Your application and approval increases your age to 1 year, did that they considered as Quotation before showing the 18.5k P.A premium? What about financial details, did you submitted before or after getting the Quotation? How about BMI etc. health factors, did they considered before Quotation or after?

If all and more of these parameters already verified and provided to you 18.5k P.A premium, then definitely you can file the complaint, they should oblige that premium.
During application I stated i had 1cr term insurance and submitted all the docs including financial

pankaj_ji

TF Premier
As a suggestion, take term insurance atleast 1 month before birthday, else at times, they increase premium as if final policy decision result comes after birthday.
Avoid rejecting term insurance offer, or you may give them a counter-counter offer

Kiranonlinee

TF Premier
N
As a thumbnail, take term insurance atleast 1 month before birthday, else at times, they increase premium as if final result comes after birthday.
Avoid rejecting term insurance offer, or you may give them a counter-counter offer
NOpe my case is different I'm not meeting their financial criteria that is the reason thay increased premium and decreased coverage.

I don't know how this logic works.