• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cashkaro Cashbacks: What's the catch?

LootMaxxer

TF Buzz
Hi guys, I just recently got to know that you can get cashbacks for applying for cards in cashkaro. Bummer because I just got the sbi cashback card by applying directly. Could've offset the first year fee with cashkaro. But it got me wondering. What's the catch here? They seem to be giving 1000+ cashbacks for a lot of cards. Anyone know how it works, like if the make money through some referral links or they just go the old fashioned way (selling data 😈). Just curious about the price to pay for the cashbacks.

Hi guys, I just recently got to know that you can get cashbacks for applying for cards in cashkaro. Bummer because I just got the sbi cashback card by applying directly. Could've offset the first year fee with cashkaro. But it got me wondering. What's the catch here? They seem to be giving 1000+ cashbacks for a lot of cards. Anyone know how it works, like if the make money through some referral links or they just go the old fashioned way (selling data 😈). Just curious about the price to pay for the cashbacks.
Agents get ₹4-5k per approved card form bank. cashkaro, Paisa wapas etc also get almost same amount for selling bank's credit card/SB account.

For a better business they gives rewards of ₹1-2k to customers.

Basically these sites make a commission per card / referral commission for products and they pass the benefit to consumers like us.

It's a great way to get some benefit on paid cards or some cashback on regular shopping over and above CC points.

Basically these sites make a commission per card / referral commission for products and they pass the benefit to consumers like us.

It's a great way to get some benefit on paid cards or some cashback on regular shopping over and above CC points.
Awesome. If it's a commission deal, that's great. I assumed these guys would be selling data like most companies 😬

Agents get ₹4-5k per approved card form bank. cashkaro, Paisa wapas etc also get almost same amount for selling bank's credit card/SB account.

For a better business they gives rewards of ₹1-2k to customers.
If they're like agents, then should I expect them to be spam calling me like the other agents do? 😅

No catch. Just sharing commission with the applicant. Why they share? How else will they compete with offline agents? And additionally where some of offline agents also share a little commission with applicants.

No catch. Just sharing commission with the applicant. Why they share? How else will they compete with offline agents? And additionally where some of offline agents also share a little commission with applicants.
Cool. Just seemed like it's too good to be true. To get the joining fee back for applying for a card you want 😊

I've been using CK to apply for cards, pretty straightforward and the rewards get credited properly. The customer care is actually very good too for once I feel like they are actually on our side.

It works like a kind of Affiliate Marketing...

Last edited:
Awesome. If it's a commission deal, that's great. I assumed these guys would be selling data like most companies 😬
to be honest ive never been spammed. they have excellent CS and sometimes excellent cashback. let me know if you want a referral.

I had a bad experience with CC agents.
Got a call for sbi card being issued free for me (old way of selling, ofc it wasn't LTF)
Applied and got it delivered but didn't activate.
Got a call from SBI card and his words were "this is a recorded line, please share any cvv, otp or password".
At first he said he will reduce the fee from 1499 to 499, sent a shady link very similar to SBI's link to sign up and register and I didn't do it as I was busy and then the fee was charged without activating card, So i moved on.
After few days the same guy calls and says there is a card protection plan active and you need to disable it or else i will be charged 2499 every year. So he sends me the same link and says once you disable it card will blocked for few days and i can use it again.
I get too suspicious this time and realized it was a scam call.
There is no way for him to know I recently got a SBO card if not from the agents.

Here is the link and attached screenshot from chat.

Attachments

• IMG_6570.webp
    IMG_6570.webp
    151.9 KB · Views: 26
I had a bad experience with CC agents.
Got a call for sbi card being issued free for me (old way of selling, ofc it wasn't LTF)
Applied and got it delivered but didn't activate.
Got a call from SBI card and his words were "this is a recorded line, please share any cvv, otp or password".
At first he said he will reduce the fee from 1499 to 499, sent a shady link very similar to SBI's link to sign up and register and I didn't do it as I was busy and then the fee was charged without activating card, So i moved on.
After few days the same guy calls and says there is a card protection plan active and you need to disable it or else i will be charged 2499 every year. So he sends me the same link and says once you disable it card will blocked for few days and i can use it again.
I get too suspicious this time and realized it was a scam call.
There is no way for him to know I recently got a SBO card if not from the agents.

Here is the link and attached screenshot from chat.
Damn, it's very hard to know who these scammers are nowadays. They seem to know everything. My first card was the ICICI platinum credit card which I got when I opened a salary account with them. For activation, I got a call from this lady saying she's from ICICI and to share an OTP which she just sent. I had no idea how things work, so I just gave the OTP. After the call I started wondering had I just gave someone access to my card or something. But thankfully the call was legit, and my card was activated. Gotta admit tho, asking for OTP was very sus, and if they do it again, I'm not sharing it. Better safe than sorry.

Back