• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CC bill payment fails on hdfc billpay using platinum DC

Satyarthi

TF Buzz
I Have add ICICI apay and Platinum CC to hdfc bill pay portal and both are verified and enabled. Whenever i tray to pay bill using may hdfc easyshop platinum dc, it fails no matter what amount i pay. But it is always successful when i use to pay using account. Every time i get an email saying "Alert! Your ICICI Bank Credit Card bill payment has been declined on BillPay" and error message is "Your ICICI Bank Credit Card bill of Rs. 10.00 for HGABP171EB0136424045 has been declined on BillPay due to 0399 - 0399 - PBE10002-Transaction not permitted to cardholder.".talked to customer care they say everything is fine with debit card. Any help?

NNN

TF Buzz
Tried hdfc billpay for the first time to pay amazon icici CC bill. First got success message, few minutes later got declined message. Can anyone guide what to do?
Currenlty amount is debited from hdfc savings account.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 14

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
It is a grey area. It may get credited successfully or not, you never know.

Mostly chances are that if you have received the decline message later, then it will be refunded to your account.

If the due date is near, better pay it again to avoid surprises.

In case of excess payment made, you can always ask for a refund from your card account to the bank by calling customer care.

Thanks and welcome to the forum!!

NNN

TF Buzz
Got this reply from HDFC customer care. I used HDFC platinum debit card to make the payment, still they thought it was credit card to credit card payment. Weird.

Attachments

• Clipboard_02-07-2024_01.jpg
    Clipboard_02-07-2024_01.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 29

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
Got this reply from HDFC customer care. I used HDFC platinum debit card to make the payment, still they thought it was credit card to credit card payment. Weird.
Customer care is a bunch of fools sitting at their desk.

They don't even know how to properly read an email, forget replying to it properly.

I have experienced the same. It would be better to talk to them on the phone for more clarity. But you cannot expect a proper reply from them, unless you are lucky enough to get hold of a knowledgeable customer care executive.

You may escalate your case to the Nodal Officer for now.

Thanks!!

NNN

TF Buzz
Payment made thru HDFC debit card using netbanking on HDFC bill pay portal.

Update:
Amount got credited to ICICI credit card.
Got 550 cashback in HDFC account.

All is good in world now :D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 17