• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CheQ - How to delete an account and clarification regarding data stored

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I don't think its possible to know if they have actually deleted the data (as it's not there in their policy/T&C like Tata has)

They might still store your details in a separate database and use that to refer if you are creating a new account after some months

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I got my cheq account deleted through email and got the confirmation today. I am following up for confirmation of deletion of my data, still pending. I think that's the best can be done here...there is really no way to be sure...

captaintorchtm

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I don't think its possible to know if they have actually deleted the data (as it's not there in their policy/T&C like Tata has)

They might still store your details in a separate database and use that to refer if you are creating a new account after some months
Correct. They didn't deny it, in fact, They are saying that they are storing the bank id and last 4 digits of the credit card, they don't need to store the whole credit card number or any other data.
We don't know what they actually do in the backend, it's just their words that we can believe. I just got it in writing just in case.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Correct. They didn't deny it, in fact, They are saying that they are storing the bank id and last 4 digits of the credit card, they don't need to store the whole credit card number or any other data.
We don't know what they actually do in the backend, it's just their words that we can believe. I just got it in writing just in case.
what do they mean by Bank ID ?

like for 1 CC, do they Store <BankName> and last 4 digits ?