• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cheq app data breaching illegally

karankayastha

TF Premier
Recently cheq posted that they found out many of its users are paying for cc bill which they don't own. But how come they know this as its illegal for any app to store & see the credit card information according to RBI rules @TechnoFino Please enlighten to this situation as its clear breach of privacy

Tejo

TF Legend
Recently cheq posted that they found out many of its users are paying for cc bill which they don't own. But how come they know this as its illegal for any app to store & see the credit card information according to RBI rules @TechnoFino Please enlighten to this situation as its clear breach of privacy
You people are giving permission to cheq to check cibil or credit report.

Analysing that they might stated.

Simply blindly giving permission now wasting others time.

Tejo

TF Legend
Still they have no permission to see my card details how can they conclude how many cards i personally hold
In cibil, how many credit cards and which bank details can be found na.

Also what we see in cibil is different, what bank can see in cibil different. Once ask any cc/loan agent from bank or nbfc to show your credit report info. You will see there.

You're figure sms and email access. Cred also detects I payed outside cred when I make payment and asks to update the unbilled section. It's common. You gave them the access. Don't play fool.

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
I never used cheq and didn't find it useful. I don't give my sensitive data to a third party without a proper privacy policy. Cheq's privacy policy looks shady as they ask for your PAN card number and CVV number of credit cards, which are not required for bill payment. Remember one thing - nothing is free (except TF Community 😛).
When you check your CIBIL score for free, they get permission to store your CIBIL data for six months.
Do you read the terms and conditions before checking cibil on cheq? They take permission to share your data with third parties too. 😂 It's better to stick to the bank portal for credit card bill payment. And we are building CreditPedia while respecting users' privacy and data. Everything we offer in the future will come with a 100% clear privacy policy.