• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Vistara Card Closing and re-applying for the same card? (Vistara Infinite)

Hey TechnoFolks,

I have a question regarding the Axis Vistara Infinite Card:

Now that it has lost it's USP of perpetual CV Gold which will soon be merged into FR (Star Alliance) so if we want to get Gold as existing owner of Infinite card but not meeting the 1.5L spends@vistara limit to retain it for next year, can we just close the existing Infinite cc and apply for new Infinite CC for renewal of gold? If possible, this will allow us to retain CV gold till it exists and will grant us Star Alliance Gold until first year end as I don't foresee Axis granting Gold even for first year after merger(which happened with SBI Air India cards when they joined Star Alliance). My doubt is if it is possible to close the card and re-apply for a fresh issuance of the same card? Will it count as new application or will it be renewal? Is it even possible in the first place? Does axis allow applying for same card? Is there some kind of a cool-down period or something?

Need opinions from experts here in the community.

bing1309

TF Premier
Good question already asked same. Vistara infinite application cannot be applied online for now it's having issue, we asked agent they say apply offline. And 2nd point they have made strict on credit card reapply so once you close the card and wanted to reapply for same card and varaint then it's blocked for 6 months. C2C is kept for 15L so yea all areas blocked for now.

To bypass this only way apply for an normal varaint online once approved wait for 1 month and then upgrade to infinite. (So more fee will be taken here and 2 months in total it will take time)

Good question already asked same. Vistara infinite application cannot be applied online for now it's having issue, we asked agent they say apply offline. And 2nd point they have made strict on credit card reapply so once you close the card and wanted to reapply for same card and varaint then it's blocked for 6 months. C2C is kept for 15L so yea all areas blocked for now.

To bypass this only way apply for an normal varaint online once approved wait for 1 month and then upgrade to infinite. (So more fee will be taken here and 2 months in total it will take time)

> 2nd point they have made strict on credit card reapply so once you close the card and wanted to reapply for same card and varaint then it's blocked for 6 months.

What is the source for this? I have been looking for the whole day but couldn't find this info anywhere. Did you contact Axis or is this word of mouth? Not doubting you but would like to know the source of info. I thought of emailing axis but decided against it as it can tarnish my relationship with them if interpreted in the wrong way.

bing1309

TF Premier
I have close HNI relationship with bank the offline agents from there experience that happened with customers for reapply has been rejected so they said same. Its not like others don't know they tried also and failed.

heysac

TF Select
VIP Lounge
And 2nd point they have made strict on credit card reapply so once you close the card and wanted to reapply for same card and varaint then it's blocked for 6 months. C2C is kept for 15L so yea all areas blocked for now.
Could you clarify on these: Is reapply blocked for all card variants including Axis Vistara Signature?
Also, do you mean by C2C is only for limit over 15 lacs on existing non-Axis card?

bing1309

TF Premier
Could you clarify on these: Is reapply blocked for all card variants including Axis Vistara Signature?
Also, do you mean by C2C is only for limit over 15 lacs on existing non-Axis card?
Yes (you can apply but it gets rejected with a mail of rejection.)
Yes (You cannot use axis bank CC cards in axis bank under c2c method. only you can use other bank cc cards that are 1 year old and reflect in cibil of that limit and card)

Last edited:

heysac

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Yes
Yes (Cannot use axis bank cards in axis bank under c2c method only you can use other bank cc cards with 1 year old and reflecting cibil of that limit and card)
So, if I close Axis Vistara Signature, and reapply in 45 days using C2C of another bank (I already have another Axis CC with high limit), will I be able to get it again? Am I eligible for C2C and if so, how do I apply?

bing1309

TF Premier
So, if I close Axis Vistara Signature, and reapply in 45 days using C2C of another bank (I already have another Axis CC with high limit), will I be able to get it again? Am I eligible for C2C and if so, how do I apply?
you can apply everything will go through with a rejection mail at the end because in the same variant, you cannot apply and need to wait for 6 months.

Can we apply for normal variant while still holding the Infinite variant? Or do we need to close infinite first before even applying for normal variants?