• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Closing LTF HDFC Tata Neu Card to get core HDFC Card.

Amit_

TF Select
I am closing LTF Tata Neu Plus Card to get HDFC Bank core card. I have some queries....

1. After closing the card, will my neu coins expire or should i use neu coins before closing the card?

2. After raising card closure request, how much time should I wait to apply for core card?

3. Which card may i get LTF on C2C basis? I have ICICI coral with 4.5 Lakh limit & AU Card with 6 Lakh limit. Mostly i do online shopping on Flipkart & Amazon. Which card will be better for me?

Solution
  1. Closing card shouldn't affect neucoins
  2. 0-90d
  3. Regalia/millennia
Alternatively you can ask hdfc to upgrade to core card - they'll upgrade to core card easily depending on your negotiation skill
From what I have read on this forum.. HDFC is very lazy in providing uprgades and LEs so take the best card you want in the first try only
Okay, then I'll stick to the Swiggy card. If they are not ready for Swiggy, then I'll ask Millennia. If they are not ready for both, then I'll close Tata Neu and then apply for Millennia offline.

A little off topic but, I currently have Millenia+Swiggy+Tata Neu Infinity with HDFC. Is it possible for me to get infinia in future provided i fulfill other criteria or would having a non-core card be a hindrance for infinia?

Last edited:
A little off topic but, I currently have Millenia+Swiggy+Tata Neu Infinity with HDFC. Is it possible for me to get infinia in future provided i fulfill other criteria or would having a non-core card be a hindrance for infinia?
Millenia can be upgraded to INFINIA post fulfilling any criteria needed for upgrade, i.e. ITR/Salary Slip+ Last 6 months spending (above 5L) or ULIPs🤡

You have no reason to despair already! My Moneyback card is 9 years and 1 month old in contrast, and they aren't willing to offer me an upgrade! :)
If it was ICICI instead of HDFC
tenor.gif

Hdfc team were ready to upgrade my card from Tata neu to millenia but will not increase CL. So I have asked them to close the card. Current CL is 2 L on Tata Neu. Card age 1 year. It's lowest in my portfolio.

Will apply after cool off period or if I decide to have imperia banking relation with them in future.

Hdfc team were ready to upgrade my card from Tata neu to millenia but will not increase CL. So I have asked them to close the card. Current CL is 2 L on Tata Neu. Card age 1 year. It's lowest in my portfolio.

Will apply after cool off period or if I decide to have imperia banking relation with them in future.
Waiting for Pre Approved offers post closure is better way otherwise applying is a gamble.

Imperia Relationship will preferably have chance of better CL in Preapproved offer.

I have been offered millenia credit card as FYF card. I have placed a request to upgrade my Tata neu infinity credit card FYF via email.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-06-05-12-38-36-93_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-06-05-12-38-36-93_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 40
Dropped a E-mail to them, I have low limit of 30k, so Millennia is not my option. But still asked for it. Lets wait, if they are offering atleast Moneyback so that, I get a core card.
They are offering Moneyback Plus FYF.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-06-06-11-40-09-29_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-06-06-11-40-09-29_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 25
Back