• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Confirmed- Amex for Tax payment

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Paid income tax using Amex via Canara Bank PG. It is working.

This is the tweet of the person who found the way:

This is great way to complete Amex milestone when most cards (except hdfc bizblack) not giving any points for tax payments.

P.S. Guys i haven’t got any referral benefits yet. If anyone wants to use my Amex referral it is in my signature. Thanks!

Last edited:
It's not working. I tried 4 times through the canara bank payment gateway, transaction getting failed after the OTP verification. Also, amount getting debited.
I was able to do before 9am today, maybe the techies at Canara PG did some patches after entering office :(

Update: A friend just did, so this must be still working.

Last edited:
It's not working. I tried 4 times through the canara bank payment gateway, transaction getting failed after the OTP verification. Also, amount not getting debited.

I called the AMEX customer care and as per them the card is Not Activated whereas I activated and used it before for multiple transactions. The executive is also unaware of the reason for the deactivation. Again they have activated the card and the transaction went through for the Advance tax (y)

But morning I had to pay with UPI for the SELF ASSESSMENT TAX :( and missed payment with AMEX for milestone benefit. I should have checked it before with CC 😬

Reactions: SSV
Do we get base reward points for this? As in Platinum Travel, government transactions are not included in the list of exclusions. Can anyone pls confirm this?
Ideally one should get but Amex sometimes puts govt transactions under Utilities (their MCC code might be different from Visa & Mastercard) in which we won’t get as Utilities is excluded for points.

Its working via Canara Bank gateway, just paid using amex mrcc. For the card was deactivated somehow for online transactions, it went through after enabling.

Last edited:
Paid income tax using Amex via Canara Bank PG. It is working.

This is the tweet of the person who found the way:

This is great way to complete Amex milestone when most cards (except hdfc bizblack) not giving any points for tax payments.

P.S. Guys i haven’t got any referral benefits yet. If anyone wants to use my Amex referral it is in my signature. Thanks!

Lol. Thank you for sharing my tweet. 🤣

Reactions: CVR
Back