• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Conversion of HDFC card to lifetime free credit card

Rounak14

TF Buzz
Hello everyone I recently converted my paid HDFC BANK credit to a lifetime free credit card by just emailing the customer support team. I'm attaching the mail in this thread
Dear HDFC Bank Team,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to request the conversion of my existing Freedom Rupay credit card to a lifetime free credit card. I have been a loyal customer and have consistently paid my credit card dues on time. However, I have encountered several issues with my current card that I would like to bring to your attention.

1) Firstly, the reward points offered on my Freedom Rupay credit card are quite low. This diminishes the overall value and benefits I receive from using the card. Additionally, the credit limit on my card is also relatively low, which restricts my spending capacity. Consequently, I am unable to reach the required milestone to waive off the card fee.

2) Moreover, I have an ongoing EMI on my card which further limits my ability to use the card freely. The combination of these factors has made it challenging for me to fully utilize the card and enjoy its benefits.

Given my consistent payment history and the aforementioned constraints, I kindly request that my Freedom Rupay credit card be converted to a lifetime free credit card or my limit be enhanced without any documentation.This would greatly enhance my banking experience and allow me to continue using HDFC Bank's services without any hindrance.

If this request cannot be accommodated, I may have to consider closing the card as it no longer meets my needs and expectations.

I look forward to your favorable response.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Warm regards,

You can vary the situation based upon your requirements like if you are not having a EMI on your card then do not mention the second point. I got my card converted hope it helps you too as well.

Good, rarely we see HDFC honouring requests. Could you please elaborate on banking relationship with HDFC bank?
I'm just having a Freedom credit card and having it for past 11 months that's all no bank account or anything. I just had a EMI on my card which might have helped.

Congrats! Getting the card LTF in the first place is the best step.

But if you believe the card was being offered to other users LTF and you've had good spends, this is a good way to turn it into LTF. :)

Hello everyone I recently converted my paid HDFC BANK credit to a lifetime free credit card by just emailing the customer support team. I'm attaching the mail in this thread
Dear HDFC Bank Team,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to request the conversion of my existing Freedom Rupay credit card to a lifetime free credit card. I have been a loyal customer and have consistently paid my credit card dues on time. However, I have encountered several issues with my current card that I would like to bring to your attention.

1) Firstly, the reward points offered on my Freedom Rupay credit card are quite low. This diminishes the overall value and benefits I receive from using the card. Additionally, the credit limit on my card is also relatively low, which restricts my spending capacity. Consequently, I am unable to reach the required milestone to waive off the card fee.

2) Moreover, I have an ongoing EMI on my card which further limits my ability to use the card freely. The combination of these factors has made it challenging for me to fully utilize the card and enjoy its benefits.

Given my consistent payment history and the aforementioned constraints, I kindly request that my Freedom Rupay credit card be converted to a lifetime free credit card or my limit be enhanced without any documentation.This would greatly enhance my banking experience and allow me to continue using HDFC Bank's services without any hindrance.

If this request cannot be accommodated, I may have to consider closing the card as it no longer meets my needs and expectations.

I look forward to your favorable response.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Warm regards,

You can vary the situation based upon your requirements like if you are not having a EMI on your card then do not mention the second point. I got my card converted hope it helps you too as well.
When was annual fee charged to you?

When was annual fee charged to you?
It was supposed to be charged now because I had completed 11 months so in the twelfth month they would have probably charged me 590 rupees. I've just kept this card for electronic discounts and 5% cashback on train bookings. Now that it is ltf it's a win win situation.

It was supposed to be charged now because I had completed 11 months so in the twelfth month they would have probably charged me 590 rupees. I've just kept this card for electronic discounts and 5% cashback on train bookings. Now that it is ltf it's a win win situation.
What about joining fee??

I am trying for my rupay mb+ from last 6 months more than 10 mails send to card services & grievance but they always refused. It is more than 2 years old card already 30k spends this year but no luck.

@Rounak14 how much you spends & which mail id need to shoot mail.

I am trying for my rupay mb+ from last 6 months more than 10 mails send to card services & grievance but they always refused. It is more than 2 years old card already 30k spends this year but no luck.

@Rounak14 how much you spends & which mail id need to shoot mail.
I've spent around 30k in a year

Back