• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card payment through third-party platforms may no longer be supported.

Patil007

TF Legend
Hi,

I got mail from Standard Chartered bank stating “credit card payment through third-party platforms may no longer be supported” 😅.

Only payment from official app and website is allowed.

1723903695867.jpeg

Solution
It's nothing to worry.
Previously apps used to work on IMPS NEFT method to process CC bills.

Now apps have moved to BBPS system, but SC isn't BBPS enabled that's why this email.

Apps like CheQ, Cred, Mobikwik, etc still supporting NEFT method, so you can pay bills on these apps without worrying.

Could be marked as solution.
Yes, I too received this today .Paid SC bill early this time with mobikwik yesterday only bcoz of planned service interruptions next week and it went through and even reflected today in SC Mobile.
Not sure if/when this will have any practical effects on the 3rd party app payments. Will these apps simply prevent us from making SC payment or send biller registration rejected texts like HDFC portal or will just map the new payment mechanism internally so it keeps working without us having to know the internals.
Let's see.

It's nothing to worry.
Previously apps used to work on IMPS NEFT method to process CC bills.

Now apps have moved to BBPS system, but SC isn't BBPS enabled that's why this email.

Apps like CheQ, Cred, Mobikwik, etc still supporting NEFT method, so you can pay bills on these apps without worrying.

Could be marked as solution.

Solution
With NEFT, we could pay excess amount without worrying. The main drawback with BBPS is that the payment portals can retrieve the outstanding amount, so no more overpayments
It's not correct, we can pay any amount using BBPS too. This may have been issue with the app implementation that you were using. I personally use Mobikwik and can see the option for a custom amount.

Also, some references:

SC is too slow in implementing any change or fixing any issues on their net banking or App so don't expect BBPS soon from them.
As others said, enjoy NEFT with supporting third-party platforms.

Does SBI DC give RP for credit card bill payments? Have u done this and got it?
Bro, Just pay. You will get cb. If you had tried to find answer, these things are asked here many times and numerous topics already there. New people register here and ask same questions again and again. Asking question is easy mode in life. Try harder one i.e Seeking answer on your own with the data available around you. A seeker always finds solace. :) Next time try things on your own and wait for it. If you get something repeat there else leave it there.

Bro, Just pay. You will get cb. If you had tried to find answer, these things are asked here many times and numerous topics already there. New people register here and ask same questions again and again. Asking question is easy mode in life. Try harder one i.e Seeking answer on your own with the data available around you. A seeker always finds solace. :) Next time try things on your own and wait for it. If you get something repeat there else leave it there.
Bro it's difficult to find answer when there's numerous posts in a single thread...that too random things are also discussed in between those topics...the community is created to help others so there's no harm in answering queries even at the cost of repeated one self

Hi,

I got mail from Standard Chartered bank stating “credit card payment through third-party platforms may no longer be supported” 😅.

Only payment from official app and website is allowed.

View attachment 65356
Just curious, why people keep sc cards, I have personally found sc to be the dog shit. In terms of cc and bank account. Recently they are removing many gift card redemption options from there 360 rewards portal, which was already pathetic to begin with.

Just curious, why people keep sc cards, I have personally found sc to be the dog shit. In terms of cc and bank account. Recently they are removing many gift card redemption options from there 360 rewards portal, which was already pathetic to begin with.
I am not sure about other cards, but I have found Smart CC to be very useful for me. It provides 2% cashback for online transactions and 1% for offline transactions, without any major exclusions. I took the card for these specific reasons and have ended up with 5K+ cashback this year, where most cards wouldn't have given any reward (NPS, school fees, wallet load).

Back