• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card through GPAY :: Issue (Solved!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you scan the QR (Should be Bharat QR or merchant QR) or made the payment using merchant UPI id ? Did he say you can make the payment through credit card or you told him that he has merchant Id and you can pay through credit card ? Try to avoid making payments through debit or credit card to small merchants using apps like gpay. Pay using card only if they have swiping machine or they specifically give their consent for it. These small merchants don't know the difference between UPI QR and Bharat QR. If you make the payment using card, they end up losing 1 to 2% of their revenue as merchant fee.

Last edited:
Did you scan the QR (Should be Bharat QR or merchant QR) or made the payment using merchant UPI id ? Did he say you can make the payment through credit card or you told him that he has merchant Id and you can pay through credit card ? Try to avoid making payments through debit or credit card to small merchants using apps like gpay. Pay using card only if they have swiping maching or they specifically give their consent for it. These small merchants don't know the difference between UPI QR and Bharat QR. If you make the payment using card, they end up losing 1 to 2% of their revenue as merchant fee.
he is a big traveler and he just asked me scan QR i can bear the cost of 1 to 2% but am worried am money now it's a quite big amount for me

he is a big traveler and he just asked me scan QR i can bear the cost of 1 to 2% but am worried am money now it's a quite big amount for me
I understand your concern. It's quite a big amount. I agree. But have trust in our system. Your money is safe. Our financial system is one of the safest. Credit card transactions normally take time to settle. I have Axis credit card. The moment I spend, the transaction gets reflected in my unbilled statement but shows "in process" or something like that. Once it is settled, this text disappear. Since it's successful from your end, there is absolutely no possibility of reversal. Ask him to wait for 2 days.

Hi All,
I did merchant QA scan and transferred 40,000 INR though google pay using Axis bank credit card merchant is claiming he has not received amount
Google pay says transaction is successful please help team.

@TechnoFino
You can ask the merchant to provide the bank statement. There might be a chance that the bank statement may be different from the one registered in his Gpay account, so, you will need to investigate. Also , you can ask for a snapshot of his GPay transaction history

I understand your concern. It's quite a big amount. I agree. But have trust in our system. Your money is safe. Our financial system is one of the safest. Credit card transactions normally take time to settle. I have Axis credit card. The moment I spend, the transaction gets reflected in my unbilled statement but shows "in process" or something like that. Once it is settled, this text disappear. Since it's successful from your end, there is absolutely no possibility of reversal. Ask him to wait for 2 days.
He is using QR of Axis bank if it was other bank i wouldn't have done since it was axis i thought axis to axis is quick

Bharat qr is also part of NPCI bro!
He is using QR of Axis bank if it was other bank i wouldn't have done since it was axis i thought axis to axis is quick

I'd just tell him to call the bank to find out about the status, rather than anything else.

For safety, I'd hand him over a print copy of the transaction receipt and asking him to follow up with the bank. Don't use any other approach. You mentioned that the transaction has been verified to be successful. Just tell him to wait for it to be credited to his account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back