• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

credit limit enhancment declined -- need suggestions

Subject : Your HDFC Bank International Credit Card 48XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We have reviewed your request for Credit Limit Enhancement on the captioned card account.

We wish to inform you that your limit enhancement request has been considered in line with the bank's internal credit policy, which is based on a combination of financial and related criteria and/or statistically determined scores to assess credit eligibility and operating/credit processes which include a combination of verifications, credit bureau reports and document verifications.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to process the limit enhancement request at this point in time, as it does not meet the above mentioned internal criteria of the bank.

We would like to assure you that non approval of limit enhancement does not reflect on your credit standing or your financial stability.

Should you require any further assistance or clarification, please contact our customer service representatives at any of our 24 hour call center telephone numbers given below.

-- i have other bank credit cards limit of amex-12L and ICICI - 8.5L. should I escalate to girvenace cell for asking C2C limit ?

Last edited by a moderator:
We have reviewed your request for Credit Limit Enhancement on the captioned card account.

We wish to inform you that your limit enhancement request has been considered in line with the bank's internal credit policy, which is based on a combination of financial and related criteria and/or statistically determined scores to assess credit eligibility and operating/credit processes which include a combination of verifications, credit bureau reports and document verifications.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to process the limit enhancement request at this point in time, as it does not meet the above mentioned internal criteria of the bank.

We would like to assure you that non approval of limit enhancement does not reflect on your credit standing or your financial stability.

Should you require any further assistance or clarification, please contact our customer service representatives at any of our 24 hour call center telephone numbers given below.

-- i have other bank credit cards limit of amex-12L and ICICI - 8.5L. should I escalate to girvenace cell for asking C2C limit ?
Please remove the cc details. I am happy for you that they didn't increase. More CL more chance of misuse if you post sensitive details.

What's current limit on your hdfc credit card ?

What's the approx monthly income ( only if you wish to share ) you showed while submitting documents for limit increase.

Short and sweet answer: use more they will increase the limit...Baki sab gyaan hain...There is no other option to increase the limit.

Last edited:
C2C is fine for applying cards, but almost no bank will consider it for limit enhancement, certainly not HDFC

Limit depends on your salary, it's, Anywhere between x2 to x4 of your monthly depending on the bank and your total leverage

ICICI is very generous with their limits so other banks don't take it very seriously, but 12L on Amex is really something, good for you

Back