• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit points not rewarded

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I am looking at the January statement of my card, and I find that many transactions don't have points associated with them. I am aware that insurance, rent etc don't gain points, but these transactions are from groceries, sweet shops and the like. Can anyone please guess why no points were accrued for these transactions?
1674472889106.png
1674472937918.png
1674472798393.png

I hold an Infinia card and the reward rate is 5 points for every ₹150/- spent

ltf4ever

TF Ace
Hi,

I am looking at the January statement of my card, and I find that many transactions don't have points associated with them. I am aware that insurance, rent etc don't gain points, but these transactions are from groceries, sweet shops and the like. Can anyone please guess why no points were accrued for these transactions?
1674472889106.png
1674472937918.png
1674472798393.png

I have same issue in Jan statement. Points were not there for many legit merchants like restaurants / bakeries / shops.

Thread 'Continued missing reward points in Smartbuy for DCB' https://www.technofino.in/community...ssing-reward-points-in-smartbuy-for-dcb.6211/

Thread 'Smart Buy Reward Point Mismatch' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/smart-buy-reward-point-mismatch.6662/

and thank for bringing this to my notice. i was just worried about smartbuy accelerated points, and t i missed seeing that even supermarket spends are not being awarder points for me.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I am wondering if these issues are account specific or merchant specific? I didn't had any transaction at all these merchants being mentioned here and have got all points for whatever transactions I have done so far.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Thread 'Continued missing reward points in Smartbuy for DCB' https://www.technofino.in/community...ssing-reward-points-in-smartbuy-for-dcb.6211/

Thread 'Smart Buy Reward Point Mismatch' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/smart-buy-reward-point-mismatch.6662/

and thank for bringing this to my notice. i was just worried about smartbuy accelerated points, and t i missed seeing that even supermarket spends are not being awarder points for me.
Maybe supermarkets spends will be credited next month. Just like when they put limits on rental payments, they used to credit it after 1 month. So now as they have put limits on supermarket points, it may also have similar rule.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
Maybe supermarkets spends will be credited next month. Just like when they put limits on rental payments, they used to credit it after 1 month. So now as they have put limits on supermarket points, it may also have similar rule.
hoping this is the case. never paid rent via this card So i didn't know this.
they will have to show it as a separate line in next month's statement, just like smartbuy and insurance.

but as in original post, if they are not crediting points for Lifestyle, Mithai shop etc, then it is concerning as they probably shouldn't fall under grocery.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
hoping this is the case. never paid rent via this card So i didn't know this.
they will have to show it as a separate line in next month's statement, just like smartbuy and insurance.

but as in original post, if they are not crediting points for Lifestyle, Mithai shop etc, then it is concerning as they probably shouldn't fall under grocery.
Now a days u never know what mcc they have registered themselves. For example, that urban clap is registered under rental. Many sbi customers got charged 118 and no points/ cashback. Even op didn't get anything for that from hdfc.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have the same issue in DCB and posted in the other thread. I didn't even got for Swiggy transaction. I have sent a email to grievance redressal and awaiting response.

Hi,

1674472889106.png
1674472937918.png
1674472798393.png

They don't provide a single reward point for the value below 150rs? I mean you did a transaction of 1000rs and got 30 Rp for 900rs and 100rs lapsed. They should give flat 3.33% rp.

LT1

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I hold DCB and I can see reward points credited for a LifeStyle transaction done on 7th Jan. This is indeed strange that some of you are seeing missing points for even non-grocery spends.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
They don't provide a single reward point for the value below 150rs? I mean you did a transaction of 1000rs and got 30 Rp for 900rs and 100rs lapsed. They should give flat 3.33% rp.
As per the terms, the reward points are per 150 INR (each 150), so yes no reward points. Many card companies follow the same. ICICI is different and gives pro rata points.

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
For example, that urban clap is registered under rental.
Thanks for this info. I have never received cashback for UrbanClap and always wondered why.

I have the same issue in DCB and posted in the other thread. I didn't even got for Swiggy transaction. I have sent a email to grievance redressal and awaiting response.
Can you please share the email Id for the grievance redressal? Thanks.

I hold DCB and I can see reward points credited for a LifeStyle transaction done on 7th Jan. This is indeed strange that some of you are seeing missing points for even non-grocery spends.
Thanks. If you have done grocery transaction or in sweet shops in the month of January, can you please verify if points are credited against these transactions?

As already mentioned by @thanixravindran, no points for transactions below ₹150. For transactions above ₹150, they divide the amount by 150, take floor, and multiply by 5. It's irritating. Read somewhere that SC Ultimate is good here. They give per ₹30 transaction.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks for this info. I have never received cashback for UrbanClap and always wondered why.

Can you please share the email Id for the grievance redressal? Thanks.

Thanks. If you have done grocery transaction or in sweet shops in the month of January, can you please verify if points are credited against these transactions?

As already mentioned by @thanixravindran, no points for transactions below ₹150. For transactions above ₹150, they divide the amount by 150, take floor, and multiply by 5. It's irritating. Read somewhere that SC Ultimate is good here. They give per ₹30 transaction.
Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com is the mail id.

I didn't received points as below -

Wine shop
Sweets shop but for dining
Grocery shop
Chai Galli for dining
Swiggy online
Bbdaily online

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Reply from grievance redressal -

The mentioned merchants are categorized under Grocery merchants. As per revision in card's product feature with effect from January 1, 2023 , Reward points earned on grocery transaction will be capped at 2000 RP per calendar month.Hence, applicable reward points for this purchase category will be calculated on a calendar month basis and will be credited to the card within the first week of subsequent month which is February 2023. The reward points will also feature in February 2023 credit card statement.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

The mentioned merchants are categorized under Grocery merchants. As per revision in card's product feature with effect from January 1, 2023 , Reward points earned on grocery transaction will be capped at 2000 RP per calendar month.Hence, applicable reward points for this purchase category will be calculated on a calendar month basis and will be credited to the card within the first week of subsequent month which is February 2023. The reward points will also feature in February 2023 credit card statement.
Exactly what I guessed 😛

This is a very big hidden devaluation bro