• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB DCB limit enhancement?

urboss

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
So, when I upgraded to DCB FYF 1.5 years back, they increased my CL to 7.5L, but since then there has not been any LE offers. I tried 2-3 times mailing and escalating till PNO at some months interval, but they always declined. Although in this period, I did get TATA Neu infinity as LTF but again with shared limit of 7.5L
My salary has also increased 20% since then with monthly net salary of around 2.5L and in last 6 months I have spent around 4L on DCB and 1L in tata neu. Last month i tried again and provided them all the docs like salary slip, bank statement as my Feb & March sal was more due to some one time payouts- but same reply. Denying any LE citing internal policies.

I don't know how, but my 2 other CC (IDFC & ICICI) limit is also 7.5L, but the usage is pretty low there so never expected a LE offer there. Is there some formula with which they derive the CL value?

I just want 1L increase in the CL. Any suggestions?

P.S: Imperia salary account holder

Last edited:

drsel

TF Legend
To apply for infinia you need to have --
1) 42+ lakhs annual income
2) 10 lacs credit limit on any other bank card to apply card to card. (This option may not be available anymore)
3) 8 lacs credit limit and spends of 8 lakhs in the last 6 months on your DCB or any card of HDFC Bank

urboss

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
With 30 lacs annual income and only 4 lacs spend in 6 months you are not eligible.
This post is not about Infinia. That's just one word in the entire post. I know i am not eligible for infinia right now, but am i not eligible for the limit enhancement of DCB?
This post is about limit enhancement.

• Haha
Reactions: SSV

urboss

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
2) 10 lacs credit limit on any other bank card to apply card to card. (This option may not be available anymore)
3) 8 lacs credit limit and spends of 8 lakhs in the last 6 months on your DCB or any card of HDFC Bank
I am aware. Btw, point no 1 and 2 are not the criteria and only point no 3 is criteria for infinia. Many people who have lesser annual income yet higher spendings and higher CL has been able to upgrade to infinia. - https://www.technofino.in/community...uidelines-for-infinia-dcb-regalia-gold.17253/
But this post is not about infinia upgrade.

anilkrsh

TF Premier
You get LE everytime you breach 30% of credit limit. Worked for me all the time. I had EMI running for two galaxy phones and after that they bumped my limit from 6l to 8l. Few weeks later I added 1 more EMI which again breached 30% barrier and once again I got LE.
But I can't confirm if it works for all!!

akmittal

TF Buzz
I just got limit enhancement from 6.66 lac to 15 for some reason. I was hunting for Infinia and got declined multiple times.

I closed the card after getting somewhat angry(but opened realising DCB is still pretty good).

hackymanoj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I just got limit enhancement from 6.66 lac to 15 for some reason. I was hunting for Infinia and got declined multiple times.

I closed the card after getting somewhat angry(but opened realising DCB is still pretty good).
What's your spending criteria?
How many cards do you hold with hdfc?
How did you check your limit enhancement via email or any other channels?
Do you hold salary account with hdfc?

Last edited:
  • Hehe

akmittal

TF Buzz
What's your spending criteria?
How many cards do you hold with hdfc?
How did you check your limit enhancement via email or any other channels?
Do you hold salary account with hdfc?

I spent 4 lac in last 6 months I think
I hold just 1 credit card from HDFC and 1 Amazon pay credit card
I got email and WhatsApp notification for enhancement
Yes holding a salary account in HDFC for >10 years.

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Ideally it’s salary credit x3 at HDFC meaning your limit is as per the underwriting standard.
Alternatively product has to throw you some LE offers for which few category of spends become important and these are dynamic. Usually grocery as a MCC with decent spends bumps limit up considering it as a standard and recurring spend. Otherwise I don’t an issue with the current limit you have as per salary credit.

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
You get LE everytime you breach 30% of credit limit. Worked for me all the time. I had EMI running for two galaxy phones and after that they bumped my limit from 6l to 8l. Few weeks later I added 1 more EMI which again breached 30% barrier and once again I got LE.
But I can't confirm if it works for all!!
I can confirm - Didnt work for me - breached the 30% barrier every month by taking EMI and did not get any LEs.

urboss

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Btw, what's the impact of having a co-branded card for LE? Like I have a HDFC tata neu infinity with shared limit with DCB which i use a lot on Tata neu bigbasket & bbnow and for Rupay UPI payments.
So, does total combined spending triggers LE offers in system?
Ideally it’s salary credit x3 at HDFC meaning your limit is as per the underwriting standard.
Alternatively product has to throw you some LE offers for which few category of spends become important and these are dynamic. Usually grocery as a MCC with decent spends bumps limit up considering it as a standard and recurring spend. Otherwise I don’t an issue with the current limit you have as per salary credit.

nrj1007

TF Premier
Btw, what's the impact of having a co-branded card for LE? Like I have a HDFC tata neu infinity with shared limit with DCB which i use a lot on Tata neu bigbasket & bbnow and for Rupay UPI payments.
So, does total combined spending triggers LE offers in system?
Some folks have theory that if you have 2 or more cards you probably won't get LE.

girish3456

TF Premier
I have almost reached 8 lakhs this month. So once I reach 8 lakhs, can I get Infinia LTF as right now am holding DCB Plastic LTF

drsel

TF Legend
I had closed my HDFC millenia card about 8 months back, because I had SBI cashback and also Magnus was better.
So now I don't have any HDFC relationship

I am planning to apply at the branch on the basis of income tax returns

akmittal

TF Buzz
My spends will cross 8 lakhs and current credit card limit is 9,09,000. But just FYF free will be a loss for me as currently am having DCB Plastic as a LTF. So might be hard for me to spend 8 lakhs every year
As I have read earlier, in spend is less than 8 lacs and you are charged a fee. You get points of same amount as fee. So technically that card is free again.(You just have to have GST)