• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB metal advice needed

Imadumbass

TF Buzz
I currently have an ltf regalia, I wanted to upgrade to a dcb , returns n salary is not a concern but I haven’t used my regalia much in the last 6 months (around 2.5L). I was primarily using my Amazon pay icici in 2024. So someone from the credit card team spoke with the card approval team and they are ready to give me DCB metal but I can’t do a card on card upgrade , rather I need to close out my regalia (around 7 days timeframe), then apply for DCB metal. This is because my regalia spend is not > 5L. Does anyone have any experience with a similar process ?
Also, my local branch hdfc manager said that she can move me to infinia if I spend 7.5 L in 6 months on the new card. My primary worry is that my regalia has 6.1L limit, and HDFC can’t promise if my dcb limit will be more or less .

sidp

TF Ace
I currently have an ltf regalia, I wanted to upgrade to a dcb , returns n salary is not a concern but I haven’t used my regalia much in the last 6 months (around 2.5L). I was primarily using my Amazon pay icici in 2024. So someone from the credit card team spoke with the card approval team and they are ready to give me DCB metal but I can’t do a card on card upgrade , rather I need to close out my regalia (around 7 days timeframe), then apply for DCB metal. This is because my regalia spend is not > 5L. Does anyone have any experience with a similar process ?
Also, my local branch hdfc manager said that she can move me to infinia if I spend 7.5 L in 6 months on the new card. My primary worry is that my regalia has 6.1L limit, and HDFC can’t promise if my dcb limit will be more or less .
Dcb base cl is 5L. So even if drops, it won't drop much. What bm is suggesting is possible.
When recent spend is low, user can cancel existing card & put fresh application for higher variant. Some banks like idfc allow to apply instantly after cancellation. But generally there is a 3-6m gap. I think hdfc is in this group.
So drop a mail to grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & ask if there is any cool off period after cancellation.