• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Difference between HDFC Platinum and HDFC Platinum Imperia Debit card

isatyajeet

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I already have the HDFC Platinum Debit card right now, but I recently was upgraded to HDFC bank's Imperia programme. I was wondering if I should apply for Platinum Imperia debit card. I checked bank's pages of both cards, and couldn't find any difference, except that the Imperia one has a different colour and Imperia written on it. The insurance cover of both cards are also same. Is there any difference at all?

2886.png

I already have the HDFC Platinum Debit card right now, but I recently was upgraded to HDFC bank's Imperia programme. I was wondering if I should apply for Platinum Imperia debit card. I checked bank's pages of both cards, and couldn't find any difference, except that the Imperia one has a different colour and Imperia written on it. The insurance cover of both cards are also same. Is there any difference at all?

View attachment 7345
There is difference on number of transaction, limit per day transaction etc. is extra in Imperia debit card. Which is not useful for person who doesn't do transaction through debit card.
Like for me, it is useless as I never used this Debit card to withdrawal amount as most of my transaction are either through Credit Card or UPI.

Last edited:

View attachment 7345
IMO all platinum same
Normal, classic, preferred and imperia are account status in hdfc writing on card
But I feel for imperia atleast hdfc could have given some cards like deutsche and burgundy

No difference, thought so. They should've given something extra on this Imperia one.

I still thought of applying for Imperia Platinum, because my current one doesn't have my name embossed on the card, because it was given to me instantly with the welcome kit when I opened the account. But when I tried requesting for that from net banking, it only showed me option for Platinum debit card, I ordered it anyway, not sure which one will come. It's unlikely the Imperia one will come because this:

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 8.29.01 PM.png

No difference, thought so. They should've given something extra on this Imperia one.

I still thought of applying for Imperia Platinum, because my current one doesn't have my name embossed on the card, because it was given to me instantly with the welcome kit when I opened the account. But when I tried requesting for that from net banking, it only showed me option for Platinum debit card, I ordered it anyway, not sure which one will come. It's unlikely the Imperia one will come because this:

View attachment 7347
Yes insta kit have non personalized cards
Request new so that it will be issued free of cost
Normal we have to wait till current card expires

View attachment 7347
I'm in the same boat as you.

It's same! I think they should be issuing the debit card on Visa Infinite platform at least for Imperia customer, if they want to show it as premium banking.

View attachment 7345
Please share your journey to upgrade to Imperia in detail please.

Please share your journey to upgrade to Imperia in detail please.
Opened new account 1 year ago, savings max variant. In 3-4 months, got LTF Regalia, and 3-4 after that got Imperia invite. Maintained high amount in savings for a few days. It's just that I am making high amount transactions through this account very frequently since last few months, as I made a real estate investment some time ago. All transactions went through this account. UPI also uses this account. Opened FDs of 10L as well

Opened new account 1 year ago, savings max variant. In 3-4 months, got LTF Regalia, and 3-4 after that got Imperia invite. Maintained high amount in savings for a few days. It's just that I am making high amount transactions through this account very frequently since last few months, as I made a real estate investment some time ago. All transactions went through this account. UPI also uses this account. Opened FDs of 10L as well
How did you apply for the Imperia DC? By clicking the Upgrade option in Debit Cards?

Back