• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Disposable Virtual Credit Cards

BlueFlash

TF Premier
Is there any app/site/bank which offers one-time use disposable virtual credit cards ?
Basically looking for the Indian counterpart of https://privacy.com where I can generate one-time use virtual credit cards. Don't mind paying a nominal fee for such disposable virtual CCs.
My use case for such disposable VCCs is due privacy and security concerns for certain purchases on certain merchants, and hence the need.

Is there any app/site/bank which offers one-time use disposable virtual credit cards ?
Basically looking for the Indian counterpart of https://privacy.com where I can generate one-time use virtual credit cards. Don't mind paying a nominal fee for such disposable virtual CCs.
My use case for such disposable VCCs is due privacy and security concerns for certain purchases on certain merchants, and hence the need.
HDFC gives you an option to create one for Visa/MC. Else, in case of DC, you can generate one from SBI Netbanking.

New app "Indie" is giving you a option to create disposable dc.
1. Disposable dc stay there for 24hrs.
2. Also the options to block it.

*the app is buggy.

Just fyi, these one time virtual cards wont work on subscription services (where recurring charges will be automatically done from the same card ). I tried this with Netflix, prime, Spotify, audible and many other services. (Using indie disposable dc)

Last edited:
For Debit type, use IndusInd Indie.
For Prepaid type, use OmniCard.
For Credit type, use HDFC NetSafe.
Netsafe is down for now.

I was planning to try BOB Virtual Debit card.

I have one doubt though. From what i know, these sites put a mandate on the card so they can deduct subscription whenever they want.
So, if we use account-linked cards, like Indie, BOB, would that mandate be invalid after we dispose that card, or is there a chance that it will be transferred to our main card for that account?

(I've heard credit card subscriptions get auto-transferred on new cards after losing/upgrading card)

Netsafe is down for now.

I was planning to try BOB Virtual Debit card.

I have one doubt though. From what i know, these sites put a mandate on the card so they can deduct subscription whenever they want.
So, if we use account-linked cards, like Indie, BOB, would that mandate be invalid after we dispose that card, or is there a chance that it will be transferred to our main card for that account?

(I've heard credit card subscriptions get auto-transferred on new cards after losing/upgrading card)
But, WHY give such a mandate ?

Pay only whenever it is due and only if you want to pay. Why give a mandate n worry later/forever ?

But, WHY give such a mandate ?

Pay only whenever it is due and only if you want to pay. Why give a mandate n worry later/forever ?
Most such websites don't allow one-time payments.

Even Netflix used such a mandate last I checked.
I paid for a month, and the next month they automatically charged the same card. I was shocked to see the automatic charge.

So it's not a 'user choice' to opt for a mandate. It's based on the website.

PS. I hate such auto debit subscriptions and thus looking for disposable cards.

Back