• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does anyone have a genuine 6 pack abs in this forum?

Tonymathew

TF Premier
Since most of you guys are either from financial/tech background ( which I'm presuming), does anyone genuinely have a six pack abs? Or seriously take care of their physique/body.

Only genuine answers invited

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
What kind of OCDs and how did you overcome them?
In my view , OCD is not an issue until it becomes over the top..
It’s like a double edged sword.. there are good things and bad things associated to it.
Most importantly we need to know when to stop thinking about anything and let it go…this is very very important in life.. let it go ..not to stress about anything beyond our control..
Majority of people suffer from this kind of behavioural issues and majority of them don’t even want to talk about it and accept it. But I am not..
I accept it and live in reality.. my belief is acceptance is the first step towards resolution..

Anyway coming back to what kind of OCD…
Excessive cleanliness, very minute attention to details, very very deep and thorough analysis to any given problem, excessive ownership of any issue, etc…..simply put .. picture perfect perfection …

you would wonder why the above are considered as issues… and you were right…
With the same qualities I had achieved what I achieved in my life till now. My life and career achievements were quite an illustrious ones…
I am an extraordinary achiever …but but… there is always balance that is required… let it go… let it go at the right time… this is very important aspect in life that not many realise…
We have to realise that this world is full of imperfections… in this kind of imperfect world we can’t not achieve perfection…. and I was a perfectionist and I am still a perfectionist to some extent.. but learning to live in balance slowly ..

About remedy a bit later …

techt

TF Legend
In my view , OCD is not an issue until it becomes over the top..
It’s like a double edged sword.. there are good things and bad things associated to it.
Most importantly we need to know when to stop thinking about anything and let it go…this is very very important in life.. let it go ..not to stress about anything beyond our control..
Majority of people suffer from this kind of behavioural issues and majority of them don’t even want to talk about it and accept it. But I am not..
I accept it and live in reality.. my belief is acceptance is the first step towards resolution..

Anyway coming back to what kind of OCD…
Excessive cleanliness, very minute attention to details, very very deep and thorough analysis to any given problem, excessive ownership of any issue, etc…..simply put .. picture perfect perfection …

you would wonder why the above are considered as issues… and you were right…
With the same qualities I had achieved what I achieved in my life till now. My life and career achievements were quite an illustrious ones…
I am an extraordinary achiever …but but… there is always balance that is required… let it go… let it go at the right time… this is very important aspect in life that not many realise…
We have to realise that this world is full of imperfections… in this kind of imperfect world we can’t not achieve perfection…. and I was a perfectionist and I am still a perfectionist to some extent.. but learning to live in balance slowly ..

About remedy a bit later …
The best answer for the interview question what are your weakness ?

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
The best answer for the interview question what are your weakness ?
Was it?? I don’t know about this because I was interviewed only once in my life that was for my first job..
As an interviewer I never asked this question..
but I can imagine now that how it could be a part of standard interview questionnaire

techt

TF Legend
Was it?? I don’t know about this because I was interviewed only once in my life that was for my first job..
As an interviewer I never asked this question..
but I can imagine now that how it could be a part of standard interview questionnaire
Loooong back for freshers they used to ask. Atleast in campus interviews.

just wow for long association with your company.

proxified

TF Buzz
How did you get to this number - any survey that you had rolled out and got this result? :unsure:
Its quite simple so no survey needed. I lift similar to powerlifters who have gained the strength over long period of time and can run at par with runners of my age group. For lifting and For running, there is ample data available for athletes on internet.

proxified

TF Buzz
be healthy . abs dont prevnt a cardiac arrest
Sorry to say and not to offend you, but it sounds like straight from whatsapp university.

Upto great extent indirectly it does lowers chances of cardiovascular issues. Low body fat means lower chances of cardiovascular disease, high body means more chances of cardiovascular issues. Abs are visible only at lower body fat percent.

Tonymathew

TF Premier
Sorry to say and not to offend you, but it sounds like straight from whatsapp university.

Upto great extent indirectly it does lowers chances of cardiovascular issues. Low body fat means lower chances of cardiovascular disease, high body means more chances of cardiovascular issues. Abs are visible only at lower body fat percent.
Yes... Rightly said bro 👏👏

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Since most of you guys are either from financial/tech background ( which I'm presuming), does anyone genuinely have a six pack abs? Or seriously take care of their physique/body.

Only genuine answers invited
I used to have one or two ads, but now I don't. Even so, I still visit the gym at least 4 times a week. Before 2023, I was even more active, hitting the gym 5-6 times a day and running on the treadmill at speeds of 13-14.5 three times a week for 15-20 minutes after my workouts. There were times I even managed to go to the gym 14 days straight (including Sundays). Starting May 24th, I'll be switching to a mix of swimming and gym workouts. So yes, I definitely prioritize my health! I generally aim for 10k steps daily, and in Jan/Feb, I reached personal bests in squats (224 lbs), deadlifts (274 lbs), and decline press (164 lbs). I started going to the gym in 2016 and haven't taken a break since, even during COVID – so that's 6-7 years of dedication! I've been a member of 2 different gyms so far.

Last edited:

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I only want 6 pack-ed Vadapav’s. 💁‍♂️

On a serious note, I am 1/3rd there or sometimes even 2/3rd on a good day 😂 when I’ve had a control on my Diet for a couple of weeks at least. Been training core 1-2 times a week for the past 2 years but cutting those Carbs is impossible for me.

techt

TF Legend
I used to have one or two ads, but now I don't. Even so, I still visit the gym at least 4 times a week. Before 2023, I was even more active, hitting the gym 5-6 times a day and running on the treadmill at speeds of 13-14.5 three times a week for 15-20 minutes after my workouts. There were times I even managed to go to the gym 14 days straight (including Sundays). Starting May 24th, I'll be switching to a mix of swimming and gym workouts. So yes, I definitely prioritize my health! I generally aim for 10k steps daily, and in Jan/Feb, I reached personal bests in squats (224 lbs), deadlifts (274 lbs), and decline press (164 lbs). I started going to the gym in 2016 and haven't taken a break since, even during COVID – so that's 6-7 years of dedication! I've been a member of 2 different gyms so far.
Thanks to ublock origin.

Last edited by a moderator:

sidp

TF Ace

I think he meant to focus on health, rather than abs per se. Low body fat does decrease chance of hearth diseases. But body builders dying by heart attack is pretty common and many times even on stage. Cuz the things they do to win is definitely not healthy. Eating every 2 hours. No salt, no water before competition, substituting Na with K. And so on.
If we look at health, 10-12% body fat is much better than having those <6% physique.

proxified

TF Buzz
I think he meant to focus on health, rather than abs per se. Low body fat does decrease chance of hearth diseases. But body builders dying by heart attack is pretty common and many times even on stage. Cuz the things they do to win is definitely not healthy. Eating every 2 hours. No salt, no water before competition, substituting Na with K. And so on.
If we look at health, 10-12% body fat is much better than having those <6% physique.
Topic moving like

Visible Abs > Health > Cardiovascular health > Bodybuilding > Death due to bodybuilding

Next post I guess will be about steroid abuse 😂