• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does anyone have a genuine 6 pack abs in this forum?

Tonymathew

TF Select
Since most of you guys are either from financial/tech background ( which I'm presuming), does anyone genuinely have a six pack abs? Or seriously take care of their physique/body.

Only genuine answers invited

That's another problem after weight loss to have surgery :D
Yes if you lose upwards of 50 kg, you are gonna be left with massive rolls of skin with no fat underneath. Skin is elastic only to a certain extent. It can't shrink when it expands so much so it has to be surgically cut. Note that I didn't undergo bariatric surgery which is called "weight loss surgery". I lost the weight through hard work in the gym and strict diet and only had to undergo surgery to remove unsightly loose skin after which I got a toned appearance.

It's very hard to maintain 6 pack abs naturally unless you have a very good control on your diet.
I have been working out from the past 10 years out of which I spent 7-8 years in calisthenics and 2-3 years in gym. Earlier I used to have six pack abs because I was doing a lot of running but now I am more inclined towards strength based training so I have good muscles and cuts but don't have abs.

It's very hard to maintain 6 pack abs naturally unless you have a very good control on your diet.
I have been working out from the past 10 years out of which I spent 7-8 years in calisthenics and 2-3 years in gym. Earlier I used to have six pack abs because I was doing a lot of running but now I am more inclined towards strength based training so I have good muscles and cuts but don't have abs.
This is more practical and more natural.. Six packs is a fantasy turned into a reality for a very short time..
If anyone wants to maitain fantasy into reality for a very long time, then their life will itself become a non-reality and non- natural...

At the end of the day, we need to lead a happy and healthy life and each body reacts diffrently to diffrent things,
We can still be happy and healthy by not having 6 packs and 6 packs is only an aesthetic thing when viewd life at a macro level...
Nice to have for a shorter period of time, just to tick the box that been there and done that ..kind of a thing......

Last edited:
Yes if you lose upwards of 50 kg, you are gonna be left with massive rolls of skin with no fat underneath. Skin is elastic only to a certain extent. It can't shrink when it expands so much so it has to be surgically cut. Note that I didn't undergo bariatric surgery which is called "weight loss surgery". I lost the weight through hard work in the gym and strict diet and only had to undergo surgery to remove unsightly loose skin after which I got a toned appearance.
Kudos to you hard work!
Keep it going 💪

Nice to have for a shorter period of time, just to tick the box that been there and done that ..kind of a thing......
Agreed sir.
It's headache to calculate the macros and having Indian tastebuds, it's really hard to maintain that strict diet over a prolonged period of time.

Aim should be to fitness, eating right to the extent possible and preventing the body turn into dumpster.

Reactions: SSV
Agreed sir.
It's headache to calculate the macros and having Indian tastebuds, it's really hard to maintain that strict diet over a prolonged period of time.

Aim should be to fitness, eating right to the extent possible and preventing the body turn into dumpster.
More importantly, we have to enjoy and appreciate our life and not just aesthetic looks... we can not punish ourselves to get the desired perfect body...is what I want to convey here... Life is all about balancing act ...

I did have proper 6 pack abs for almost 5-6 years. Used to be a professional footballer, so the amount of cardio and healthy diet made it easy to maintain it for that long. Lost my 6 pack very quickly since retiring but never lost the 4 pack. Still have it despite not leading a very healthy lifestyle. Just for perspective, I'm 6'2 and used to weigh 76 kgs during my playing days with body fat being around 8-10%. I'm 82 kgs now so a layer of fat has accumulated in my lower belly region, hence the 6 pack has gone. It will never come back but it was really cool while I had it.

Back