• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does hdfc deducts debit card issuance fees?

ramandeep

TF Premier
I recently opened hdfc regular account and got millennia debit card with it,, but after few days upgraded to savings max and then applied for platinum debit card, millennia card was closed and platinum card was issued. But today rs 590 was deducted as debit card fees. So just wanted to confirm wether hdfc deducts debit card fees in the first year during issuance or deducts after a year during renewal?

Last edited:
I recently opened hdfc regular account and got millennia debit card with it,, but after few days upgraded to savings max and then applied for platinum debit card, millennia card was closed and platinum card was issued. But today rs 590 was deducted as debit card fees. So just wanted to confirm wether hdfc deducts debit card fees in the first year during issuance or deducts after a year during renewal?
Yes, certain cards comes with the account free and higher variant debit cards they will charge if it doesn't meet the account needed but still you can obtain for benefits.

Good part is, if you use to pay through Debit card to pay CCard in bill desk, you get 1% caahback upto Rs.750 max on theie higher variant card.

So you will reap 12x750=9000 per annum just out of this CCard payment itself Max.

Some cards give free lounge access as well, which comes handy at times when you have kids or parents, where the lounge can accept it

On customer care they said won't waive it off. Also just want to enquire on max savings are all debit card free or only platinum card?
Talk to your RM and get this waived off, that will be faster approach.

It clearly states that the it is LTF for Platinum DC for this a/c variant of Savings MAX

1675078362589.png

It clearly states that the it is LTF for Platinum DC for this a/c variant of Savings MAX

View attachment 9659

I wanted to include my mother to my savings max account as a joint holder, can i get platinum card free for her also as the website clearly says:-
Waiver on Platinum Debit Card charges for the primary holderRs 750 per year
Waiver on Platinum Debit Card charges for the secondary holderRs 750 per year

If anyone has any idea over this, then please guide. :)

View attachment 9659

I know platinum debit card is free, but i am asking about other cards like milennia, as initially i opened regular account and later upgraded to savings max, got milennia debit in welcome kit but within 7 days i deactivated card and its been a month now card has been deactivated and now they have charged me regarding milennia card fees.

View attachment 9659

does savings max has rm assigned? If yes how can i contact him?

Back