• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does hdfc deducts debit card issuance fees?

ramandeep

TF Premier
I recently opened hdfc regular account and got millennia debit card with it,, but after few days upgraded to savings max and then applied for platinum debit card, millennia card was closed and platinum card was issued. But today rs 590 was deducted as debit card fees. So just wanted to confirm wether hdfc deducts debit card fees in the first year during issuance or deducts after a year during renewal?

Last edited:

View attachment 9689
Thanks for you response, i visited my home branch yesterday, firstly, they denied that the card will be chargeable for the second holder, but when i showed them this page, they said" Charges lagne toh nahi chahiye fir, par mein sure nahi hu"😑😑. It seems they are clueless, so i am not sure whom to trust.

Always trust the written information rather spoken words. If in case they charge, you can show this document and even file a complaint with this proof for explanation.

Note: Not all employees have same level of knowledge w.r.t their products, sometime we have to show them and explain.

Thanks for your response, now i will try to get another platinum card for free by having my mother as a joint holder.

I have opened a Saving Max account in HDFC by visiting the branch, while opening the account they provided me with an instant kit containing Millennia Debit Card even after asking for a Platinum card (which is free with a Saving Max account). They told me, once the account is activated they will upgrade Millennia to Platinum. On visiting again they applied for the upgrade from my Net Banking where Rs. 750 charges were mentioned clearly. On enquiring with customer helpline, they also told that card upgrade will be chargeable. I informed the same to the person who opened my account, to which he replied that charges will not be deducted, and if any are deducted he will get those reversed.
I can now see a Platinum card issued in Net Banking, but now charges are deducted as of now. Following are my queries:
1. When does HDFC bank deduct charges for debit card?
2. How to be sure there will be no annual charges? I can't monitor my account for 1 year to check if any charges are deducted.

Back