• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Doubt Regarding Cashback Capping on HDFC Platinum Debit Card Offer

Mysterio_6174

TF Select
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the ongoing offer on the HDFC Platinum Debit Card. As per the offer, users are entitled to receive a 1% cashback on credit card bill payments made through HDFC BillDesk or Mobikwik. However, there is a monthly capping of 750 cashback points.

I recently made two credit card bill payments using this offer. On May 1st, I paid a bill of 20,000 rupees via Mobikwik and received 200 cashback points. Then, on May 18th, I made another payment of 75,000 rupees through HDFC BillPay and received 750 cashback points, which is the maximum allowed according to the 1% cashback capping. Surprisingly, I received a total of 950 cashback points for the month (750+200), exceeding the capping.

My doubt is whether there is an error in the bank's system that resulted in the credit of more cashback points than the stated capping, or if there is a specific date from which the bank counts 30 days as a cycle for reward points calculation. I would appreciate any insights or clarifications on this matter.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the ongoing offer on the HDFC Platinum Debit Card. As per the offer, users are entitled to receive a 1% cashback on credit card bill payments made through HDFC BillDesk or Mobikwik. However, there is a monthly capping of 750 cashback points.

I recently made two credit card bill payments using this offer. On May 1st, I paid a bill of 20,000 rupees via Mobikwik and received 200 cashback points. Then, on May 18th, I made another payment of 75,000 rupees through HDFC BillPay and received 750 cashback points, which is the maximum allowed according to the 1% cashback capping. Surprisingly, I received a total of 950 cashback points for the month (750+200), exceeding the capping.

My doubt is whether there is an error in the bank's system that resulted in the credit of more cashback points than the stated capping, or if there is a specific date from which the bank counts 30 days as a cycle for reward points calculation. I would appreciate any insights or clarifications on this matter.

Actually hdfc credits cashback points on 1st of every month.

Are you getting instantly?

Hi everyone,

& previous month you completed 750rs quota?

Hi everyone,

Have you noted down your previous Cashpoints balance?
It should be only 750 instead of 950.

If you have got, then good for you, but technically you should get only 550 points on your ₹75k bill payment.

May be in your case already you had 200 from previous month. Do check once.
🌚

If you have got, then good for you, but technically you should get only 550 points on your ₹75k bill payment.

🌚
yes that's what i thought, that's why asked about previous month.

🌚
I have not completed the previous month's quota, my previous cashpoint balance was 0. I have paid 20k bill on 1st May at 12.40 am. and 75k on 18th may.

I have not completed the previous month's quota, my previous cashpoint balance was 0. I have paid 20k bill on 1st May at 12.40 am. and 75k on 18th may.
looks like HDFC might be considering UTC time in bill payments, if that's true your 1st may 12:40 AM bill will become 30th April 7:10 pm and you got the cashback for the April's months as others suggested.

same happened with me as well for a purchase made on the rbl zomato edition card, it was considered as previous day and gave me the 10x birthday cashback

looks like HDFC might be considering UTC time in bill payments, if that's true your 1st may 12:40 AM bill will become 30th April 7:10 pm and you got the cashback for the April's months as others suggested.

same happened with me as well for a purchase made on the rbl zomato edition card, it was considered as previous day and gave me the 10x birthday cashback
yes very much possible, same issue is with axisMagnus

Back