• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

newsed

TF Buzz
Hello community!
I'm new here, and to the credit world. I have a salary account with HDFC Bank and have a Millennia debit card. I was recently offered HDFC MoneyBack+ credit card with Lifetime free option(without any condition) and 1.5 lakh credit limit, and I ordered for the card last day. I wish to know if activating this card will make me ineligible to get upgrade to Millenia credit card on the future with Lifetime free option. I had talked with some person from the bank over phone and they told me since I took this card, I will have the option to upgrade to Millenia in future, but it will never be lifetime free after that. If that is the case, then if I cancel this card and wait for new card offer for Millennia lifetime free, will that work and is that the only option?
Or will/might they offer upgrade to Millennia LTF in the future if I keep using this card for now?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Hello community!
I'm new here, and to the credit world. I have a salary account with HDFC Bank and have a Millennia debit card. I was recently offered HDFC MoneyBack+ credit card with Lifetime free option(without any condition) and 1.5 lakh credit limit, and I ordered for the card last day. I wish to know if activating this card will make me ineligible to get upgrade to Millenia credit card on the future with Lifetime free option. I had talked with some person from the bank over phone and they told me since I took this card, I will have the option to upgrade to Millenia in future, but it will never be lifetime free after that. If that is the case, then if I cancel this card and wait for new card offer for Millennia lifetime free, will that work and is that the only option?
Or will/might they offer upgrade to Millennia LTF in the future if I keep using this card for now?
Activate the card cause in the future hddc might not provide you any cc.

Akashn

TF Ace
Keep the card. You can request to upgrade later.. even if you get FYF millennia it is worth it. HDFC can convert it to LTF based on your relationship with bank..

Abdullāh Khān

TF Premier
salman khan bollywood GIF by Tubelight

Kya majboori thi Bhai MB lene ki...

smuff

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
HDFC offers new millenia LTF mostly through offline application. Online application will be paid.
Based on txn history, you can request to upgrade to millenia and then convert to ltf if not offered instantly. However, moneback is really a cursed card, upgrade is not easy.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hello community!
Get the card , use it
After 6 months ask hdfc via email to upgrade to Millniea very easy place when u have 1.5 l limit ( fyf , paid ) u can negotiate as per your relationship with hdfc
Fyf would be good to start with later.

With 1.5 l limit u can also get tata neu infinity.
So its a win win untill Millniea.

I had Regalia FIRST (stripped down version of Regalia) as an LTF card (salary account) for a long time. Got upgrade offer to Millennia last year, but as an FYF. Reached out to customer care and requested for LTF as I was already holding Regalia FIRST as LTF card, They happily obliged and now I own Millennia LTF.

P.S: You will definitely get an upgrade offer but nobody knows the timeline, can be 6 months or 1 year or more. It depends on your spend pattern and various other factors. Also, they donot necessarily convert it to LTF upon request, it again depends on case-to-case basis

newsed

TF Buzz
Thanks everyone for the replies! I have decided to use the card for now and as many others suggested, request for upgrade after some time. No harm in doing it i guess. Well, here starts my credit card journey. Also, anyone had success with HDFC InstaCard? I haven't got the physical card yet, but got a mail from HDFC sending a link with a virtual card and saying I can use the card right now, but that link never finishes loading.

newsed

TF Buzz
salman khan bollywood GIF by Tubelight

Kya majboori thi Bhai MB lene ki...
Jab cc lifetime free mila to leh liya bhai. Thought it was a good offer, and I can also increase my credit score. Then I called HDFC just to clear this doubt if I can upgrade, then got fully confused 😂. But from whatever posts I can see here, and from the suggestions in this post, I think it is not impossible to get Millennia LTF upgrade.

I had Regalia FIRST (stripped down version of Regalia) as an LTF card (salary account) for a long time. Got upgrade offer to Millennia last year, but as an FYF. Reached out to customer care and requested for LTF as I was already holding Regalia FIRST as LTF card, They happily obliged and now I own Millennia LTF.

P.S: You will definitely get an upgrade offer but nobody knows the timeline, can be 6 months or 1 year or more. It depends on your spend pattern and various other factors. Also, they donot necessarily convert it to LTF upon request, it again depends on case-to-case basis
Which customer care email ID you have used? Currently I have LTF DCP from many years and holding salary account with them.

ratheesh

TF Buzz
Asked for LTF Millennia card. They offer FYF Millennia.
Here I am thinking, they would give an upgrade for Regalia Gold :rolleyes:. After the recent devaluation of the card, it is pretty much useless. I moved all my spends after getting Infinity. Using now just for Zomato Swiggy 5X rewards after I exhaust Amex 10X to attain a reasonable amount of reward points to redeem it for a good deal.

Here I am thinking, they would give an upgrade for Regalia Gold :rolleyes:. After the recent devaluation of the card, it is pretty much useless. I moved all my spends after getting Infinity. Using now just for Zomato Swiggy 5X rewards after I exhaust Amex 10X to attain a reasonable amount of reward points to redeem it for a good deal.
I am eligible for Regalia gold but not interested, I prefer cash back cards as I am not a traveller.

Any special about Millennia?

I have diners network but I'm not using it since a long time...
I like cash back cards compare to reward points based cards. The reason for my interest in this card are
1. Smartbuy 5% +1% direct cash back.
2. Double dip if there is a sale on Amazon/Flipkart for HDFC bank (10% discount + 5% cash back).
3. I think 1 lakh milestone for fee reversal can be achieved in current scenario but I like LTF cards.
4. 1% cash back for wallet loading and EMI transaction. (I have IDFC Wealth and Amazon pay ICCI card for wallet loading).
5. HDFC doesn't charge reward redemption fee for statement credit but they charge 99 Rs + GST for product purchase and voucher purchase. There is exemption for few on Diners reward portal