• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Easiest way to get an Infinia Metal I've ever heard

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Freind of mine called me today, he is an entrepreneur, has a startup with friends making and installing electric car chargers ,never had a credit card till now ,went upto HDFC bank Lucknow branch few weeks back to open an account with a check of 20 Lakhs and told them only if he gets an Infinia LTF ,first they said we'll give you DCB LTF ,try for Infinia after you open the account but he wouldn't take any of it ,told them either give Infinia or he'll take his business to Axis people (who were offering him Magnus) ,so the HDFC people agreed and he got an Infinia FYF with 55 Lakhs limit

What makes me jealous is that I'm 31 and the best I've got is a Magnus with 5 Lakhs limit ,which is like my 15th card my 8 year credit card journey ,Infinia is something of a dream for me ,can't even get DCB from them ,all I've from HDFC is a measly Millennia with 1.16 Lakhs limit

And this guy is just 27 & this is his first card. 🙄

Thoughts ?

Last edited:
It works against people like me who like to live below their means.
Or in other words cheap 😅. Still running 10yr old car and 15yr old bike.
You car n mobike got a long way to go....

My XYLO is 15 yrs old as of now.

My 1980 Rajdoot AC123 motor cycle was with me in working condition till 2015 and it was physically with me till 2020 (40 yrs) when I gave it to a mobike collector.

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It works against people like me who like to live below their means.
Or in other words cheap 😅. Still running 10yr old car and 15yr old bike.
Probably why i can't get my hands on it either ,riding a second hand 2018 TVS Ntorq to work everyday, don't own a car ,don't know how to drive either ,not much expenses to show as such

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What are those?
Well how about a student with no income getting his hands on infinia

Check it out

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
For these scenarios Infinia is a white elephant.
And I'm not saying i am entitled to get Infinia, most likely not

But as someone with 5+ years on history with hdfc ,3 years of salary credited to hdfc account, 5 lakhs limit cards from ICICI ,Axis ,
All I'm saying i feel like i deserve more than 1.16 lakh Millennia and no upgradation or limit enhancement for over 2 yrs ,feels like being screwed over

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Well how about a student with no income getting his hands on infinia

Check it out
And i don't mean to belittle anyone ,if you can get a super premium card with high limit at an early age ,more power to you

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
For these scenarios Infinia is a white elephant.
If annual spends are around 8-10 L - normal.. then its fine.. else
And I'm not saying i am entitled to get Infinia, most likely not

But as someone with 5+ years on history with hdfc ,3 years of salary credited to hdfc account, 5 lakhs limit cards from ICICI ,Axis ,
All I'm saying i feel like i deserve more than 1.16 lakh Millennia and no upgradation or limit enhancement for over 2 yrs ,feels like being screwed over
you are right in feeling that way.. don't push them.. just move away..

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Like someone said @techt SBI cashback also gives gd returns..
SBI CB card is the best cashback card out there in the market right now, far ahead among the competition….
If we ignore non spend based benefits, in my view,

SBI CB card is the Poor man’s Infinia !!!

A must have card in any one’s CC portfolio!!

Disclaimer:
I have both SBI Cashback Card and Infinia..

Last edited:

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
SBI CB card is the best cashback card out there in the market right now, far ahead among the competition….
If we ignore non spend based benefits, in my view,

SBI CB card is the Poor man’s Infinia !!!

A must have card in any one’s CC portfolio!!

Disclaimer:
I have both SBI Cashback Card and Infinia..
its even better than infinia at places for online spends if we don't take smartbuy partners into account.. 3.33 vs 5%

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
online spends if we don't take smartbuy partners
Yes.. but that is a very BIG If.. They both are two different cards.. one is purely a spend based card, and another is an almost alrounder…
They both are leading cards in their own category…

Having said that here is my 15 months usage of SBI CB Summary..

1710005800984.png

Last edited:

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes.. but that is a very BIG If.. They both are two different cards.. one is purely a spend based card, and another is an almost alrounder…
They both are leading cards in their own category…

Having said that here is my 15 months usage of SBI CB Summary..

1710005800984.png
we all agree that they are different.. no argument there.. cheers.. i was just making a point in agreement to your earlier one.. cheers to your CB