• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Easiest way to get an Infinia Metal I've ever heard

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Freind of mine called me today, he is an entrepreneur, has a startup with friends making and installing electric car chargers ,never had a credit card till now ,went upto HDFC bank Lucknow branch few weeks back to open an account with a check of 20 Lakhs and told them only if he gets an Infinia LTF ,first they said we'll give you DCB LTF ,try for Infinia after you open the account but he wouldn't take any of it ,told them either give Infinia or he'll take his business to Axis people (who were offering him Magnus) ,so the HDFC people agreed and he got an Infinia FYF with 55 Lakhs limit

What makes me jealous is that I'm 31 and the best I've got is a Magnus with 5 Lakhs limit ,which is like my 15th card my 8 year credit card journey ,Infinia is something of a dream for me ,can't even get DCB from them ,all I've from HDFC is a measly Millennia with 1.16 Lakhs limit

And this guy is just 27 & this is his first card. 🙄

Thoughts ?

Last edited:
But today with HDFC Bank share price crash due to its poor growth in deposits, they might strip Infinia even more.

Already Infinia points have got only 50% value for 7 travel partners--
Accor hotels
Turkish airlines
Avianca airline
British Airways
Etihad Airways
United airlines
Air Canada

But today with HDFC Bank share price crash due to its poor growth in deposits, they might strip Infinia even more.

Already Infinia points have got only 50% value for 7 travel partners--
Accor hotels
Turkish airlines
Avianca airline
British Airways
Etihad Airways
United airlines
Air Canada
HDFC fell to 1350 a few months back. Hardly makes nay difference.

In many insurance policies, the first year commission is as high as 40% and 8% every year after that.
This is paid to the agent out of your money and is a guaranteed loss
Obviously. That's why that agent worked hard to get you the top card that you otherwise were not eligible for. So he deserves it in this case as that was the agreement. Try canceling and see what happens to your card. This attitude is wrong. I want something but I won't pay for it.

Obviously. That's why that agent worked hard to get you the top card that you otherwise were not eligible for. So he deserves it in this case as that was the agreement. Try canceling and see what happens to your card. This attitude is wrong. I want something but I won't pay for it.
But Is it worth losing 40% commission for this card, when there are better cards like Atlas and Magnus Burgundy ?

Freind of mine called me today, he is an entrepreneur, has a startup with friends making and installing electric car chargers ,never had a credit card till now ,went upto HDFC bank Lucknow branch few weeks back to open an account with a check of 20 Lakhs and told them only if he gets an Infinia LTF ,first they said we'll give you DCB LTF ,try for Infinia after you open the account but he wouldn't take any of it ,told them either give Infinia or he'll take his business to Axis people (who were offering him Magnus) ,so the HDFC people agreed and he got an Infinia FYF with 55 Lakhs limit

What makes me jealous is that I'm 31 and the best I've got is a Magnus with 5 Lakhs limit ,which is like my 15th card my 8 year credit card journey ,Infinia is something of a dream for me ,can't even get DCB from them ,all I've from HDFC is a measly Millennia with 1.16 Lakhs limit

And this guy is just 27 & this is his first card. 🙄

Thoughts ?
20L initial deposit pe 55 L limit 😳😳😳

I know it seems far fetched ,but that's what he told me ,he isn't a credit card enthusiast like me ,doesn't really care about it that much ,so no reason to lie
Make of it what you will
I said that because at one point, I was keeping 50 lakhs with HDFC and had an Imperia account. I was willing to bring in much more but they refused to even upgrade my existing Moneyback with 60k limit to Milennia. Perfect CIBIL score, high ITR, various other cards with high limits, maximum being 21 lakhs and perfect payment record. This happened for over a year with multiple requests to PNO as well. So I find it hard to believe that they would issue it so easily for just a 20 lakh deposit. Perhaps the person was well qualified in other ways already and the 20 lakhs just helped a bit.

I said that because at one point, I was keeping 50 lakhs with HDFC and had an Imperia account. I was willing to bring in much more but they refused to even upgrade my existing Moneyback with 60k limit to Milennia. Perfect CIBIL score, high ITR, various other cards with high limits, maximum being 21 lakhs and perfect payment record. This happened for over a year with multiple requests to PNO as well. So I find it hard to believe that they would issue it so easily for just a 20 lakh deposit. Perhaps the person was well qualified in other ways already and the 20 lakhs just helped a bit.
His father was GST Commissioner Lucknow at the time ,also the guy has a successful start up of manufacturing and installing electric car charging stations ,revenue in multiple crores ,
So again ,make of it what you will

I can put all my spends on Millennia, can go upto 6 Lakhs per annum, but in my 2 yrs of holding their card and 4 yrs of relationship with hdfc ,they've not yet upgraded me or increased my credit limit more then 1.16 initial limit ,tried multiple times with ITR and maintaining good balance in account, upgrading to a preferred savings account but nothing, on the other hand both ICICI and Axis have been good to me ,giving me 5 Lakhs limit on their card ,ICICI offering Saphiro from my current Coral ,Axis gave me Magnus ,
I guess HDFC just doesn't like me or something,
Doesn't worth to put all my spending on Millennia, when they won't even give me Regalia or DCP
Then, why stay with HDFC ?

Back