• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Easiest way to get an Infinia Metal I've ever heard

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Freind of mine called me today, he is an entrepreneur, has a startup with friends making and installing electric car chargers ,never had a credit card till now ,went upto HDFC bank Lucknow branch few weeks back to open an account with a check of 20 Lakhs and told them only if he gets an Infinia LTF ,first they said we'll give you DCB LTF ,try for Infinia after you open the account but he wouldn't take any of it ,told them either give Infinia or he'll take his business to Axis people (who were offering him Magnus) ,so the HDFC people agreed and he got an Infinia FYF with 55 Lakhs limit

What makes me jealous is that I'm 31 and the best I've got is a Magnus with 5 Lakhs limit ,which is like my 15th card my 8 year credit card journey ,Infinia is something of a dream for me ,can't even get DCB from them ,all I've from HDFC is a measly Millennia with 1.16 Lakhs limit

And this guy is just 27 & this is his first card. 🙄

Thoughts ?

Last edited:
How did you proceed differently than what you did for your parents?
Nothing much actually. My parent is in an appointment which is like a single point of contact for the state. So, couple of calls from the office and circle head ( 1 down BBH ) personally took an appointment and got it done. I didn’t have to do anything else there.

I’ve been in the same boat. Things will work out. Trust me once you get the card it doesn’t seem like an achievement over a point of time. Never bog yourself down. 🥂
That is life.. until we conquer something it's like huge thing. Once we possess it we lose the interest.
Imagine when we were students, getting the first job and after that getting first pay check and the money we earn initially, huge value than what we earn later even though it is in multiples of the first salary..

In Economics we have one theory..it's called " Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility"
Google it

That is life.. until we conquer something it's like huge thing. Once we possess we lose the interest.
Imagine when we were students, getting the first job and after that getting first pay check and thr money we earn has huge value than what we earn later even though it is in multiples of the first salary..
I’ve been in the same boat. Things will work out. Trust me once you get the card it doesn’t seem like an achievement over a point of time. Never bog yourself down. 🥂
Words of wisdom to be cherished ✨

Freind of mine called me today, he is an entrepreneur, has start up with friends making and installing electric car chargers ,never had a credit card till now ,went upto HDFC bank Lucknow branch few weeks back to open an account with a check of 20 Lakhs and told them only if he gets an Infinia LTF ,first they said we'll give you DCB LTF ,try for Infinia after you open the account but he wouldn't take any of it ,told them either give Infinia or he'll take his business to Axis people (who were offering him Magnus) ,so the HDFC people agreed and he got an Infinia FYF with 55 Lakhs limit

What makes me jealous is that I'm 31 and the best I've got is a Magnus with 5 Lakhs limit ,which is like my 15th card my 8 year credit card journey ,Infinia is something of a dream for me ,can't even get DCB from them ,all I've from HDFC is a measly Millennia with 1.16 Lakhs limit

Thoughts ?
Could you please share which branch did this? I have kept 50 lakhs plus for a long time and they haven’t even issued a Milennia.

There is nothing wrong in it..
See, everyone got some strengths and weaknesses..
Instead of sitting and worrying about weaknesses, one should spend their limited time available in harnessing their strengths...
We all have 24 hours in a day. It's all about how we spend those 24 hours that matters at the end.

I will tell you onething, majority of the people don't even know what their strengths are...and they die before knowing that..
They constantly battling their whole life in this unknown territory without realizing who they actually are.

Never compare with anyone. 8 billion people are there in this world they are all unique. Some may be similar but they are all different..

Be positive. Work on your strengths and be happy. You will get there..
Great writing and truly motivating
Applies for real life apart from credit cards👍
Not everyone can be a CEO of course a CEO need several thousand employees for him/her being in that position lol

Great writing and truly motivating
Applies for real life apart from credit cards👍
Not everyone can be a CEO of course a CEO need several thousand employees for being in his position lol
Thank you for the appreciation..
Yes it is applicable to every walk of life.
Actually we can build a beautiful life based on some very basic and simple principles ..
That's why the most successful people lead their life in a simple manner..
The simple it is , very is to achieve amd maintain.
The complex it is, harder to achieve and sustain..
Hence keep it simple..
Got to go out and do the gym.
Have a nice evening all...

I feel like i don't have much leverage with HDFC people ,and they don't care enough to upgrade or even enhance my limit
Well dont think like that. HDFC or for that matter any bank will only care if you periodically poke them with threat of taking business away. Also Infinia or for that matter any cc is not an achievement. Its just another card which you can use to maximize rewards. Remember once HDFC launches Infinia Reserve or whatever they will call it.. everyone will run for it and Infinia will become regalia. Earlier regalia was considered top most before they launched Infinia. Now regalia has very less value (unless its Regalia Gold). Same with Magnus - now everyone is running after Magnus for Burgundy.

Freind of mine called me today, he is an entrepreneur, has start up with friends making and installing electric car chargers ,never had a credit card till now ,went upto HDFC bank Lucknow branch few weeks back to open an account with a check of 20 Lakhs and told them only if he gets an Infinia LTF ,first they said we'll give you DCB LTF ,try for Infinia after you open the account but he wouldn't take any of it ,told them either give Infinia or he'll take his business to Axis people (who were offering him Magnus) ,so the HDFC people agreed and he got an Infinia FYF with 55 Lakhs limit

Thoughts ?
Didn't got the points - why comparing age & being jealous.
You can go to Axis with 30L FD & they will give you magnus + burgundy which as many would say is better than Infinia. He gave them business & they gave him product. It's true for every bank.

You can go to Axis with 30L FD & they will give you magnus + burgundy which as many would say is better than Infinia. He gave them business & they gave him product. It's true for every bank.
Point he and others and me are trying to make is - HDFC does not behave like this even if you gave business. Someone few posts ago in this thread mentioned 50 lakh balance with HDFC. Hence HDFC need to be pushed and negotiated hard else it will treat us poorly.

Thoughts ?
His infinia limit is 55 lakhs🤨

This is the exact reason why he is an entrepreneur at the age of 27 in the first place.....
Its all in the once brain..
How we train our brain ..
He knows how a business man thinks..
In a nutshell, it's all about your perspective about the situation, grasping, articulation , presence of mind and lastly execution..

In the finance world anything is possible..

this is my take
Power of Thinking...

Note: not everyone can be an entrepreneur...
My take is that an entrepreneur can surely excel if they have a good product / service. Unfortunately, everyone only focus all their attention on the economics without working on their offering.

In the above case, isn't this card his 1st card ? 😁

My take is that an entrepreneur can surely excel if they have a good product / service. Unfortunately, everyone only focus all their attention on the economics without working on their offering.

In the above case, isn't this card his 1st card ? 😁
You are right..
Hence there is an entrepreneur and and the other a successful entrepreneur !!

Last edited:
Point he and others and me are trying to make is - HDFC does not behave like this even if you gave business. Someone few posts ago in this thread mentioned 50 lakh balance with HDFC. Hence HDFC need to be pushed and negotiated hard else it will treat us poorly.
Sir will ask my question again.
It's not person's fault that he compelled hdfc to gave him fyf infinia.

Hdfc rarely does something for you unless you threaten to take your business away. I have 18 year old relationship with HDFC and was offered infinia only 2 years ago. For millenia try spending till credit lime upto 1 lakh in your case (genuine spends - no CC is worth manufactured spends and associated debt trap)
Note - Your CIBIL may temporarily get impacted if you utilize a high percent of limit on any 1 card.
If you have tried this earlier then tough luck.
I usually put all my spends on my Amex Plat Travel untill 4 lakhs then Axis Vistara Signature afterwards because of better returns, i can put all my spends on Millennia in 2024 to try and get better leverage over hdfc ,try to get a better card with good limit from them but at this point it seems little hopeless, also I'll losing a lot on returns

Let ask you this if i cancel my Millennia and wait for a few months can i ask my RM to get be DCB on card to card basis from my current Magnus with 5.1 limit ?

Thoughts ?
This. THIS is the motivation I needed. I am in talks with Kotak Sales Rep to move my current account banking to Kotak Privy Plat with 15L IP. I am going to Push for White Reserve, I asked but he denied saying can't do (only can to White LTF). But after going through your friend's experience, I will push more now.
Thanks dude.

Back