• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Easy address update methods for all banks (and credit cards)

yolofino

TF Ace
With the power of the Internet, there has been good initiatives by the banks in India to update one's address online or without visiting any branch. I'll be listing one by one (whichever I experienced) as a comment and link here as well.

Address change is one of painful processes in India with the govt departments and private entities demanding a proof to change the address, which is difficult to get when one moves places.

I request everyone to share their address change experiences so that it helps someone reading it and this in turn could reduce the paperwork by a huge margin.

IDFC First Bank method

Last edited:

varun__goel_

TF Legend
hi those who successfully updated their IDFC bank account address through the recent update in mobile app (without aadhaar authentication & without address proof). could you let us know which address is being shown in the account/cc statements generated, the new address or the old address or both? TIA
your communication address will appear on acc statement

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Friends Flipkart canceled my order holding my money 12000/- plz suggest me method where i can file complaint against refund of my money 1 month gone.
Please refrain from creating multiple posts or threads for the same question. You've already created a thread; please wait for someone to respond. If you've waited for one month, I'm sure you can wait a little longer.

Reactions: Rkr

ins

TF Buzz
Just now called cc they are saying even branch won't accept it.

Only adhaar, DL, Voter I'd accepted. Worst bank is AU
Did you end up visiting the branch anyway? I too called CC just now and they said these 3 things are necessary. However, thinking to go to the branch and checking with them if they can update it.
It has become a frustrating experience. My credit card has been approved but they keep sending it to an old office location and when I ask them online (via Email, Video Banking and customer care) they keep saying sorry we can't update the communication address if either of the 3 requested proofs (Adhaar, Voter ID or DL) is not provided…

Schrödinger's credit card… it exists but also doesn't. 🤡 Will I ever get to touch it? God knows.

deep@vie

TF Legend
Did you end up visiting the branch anyway? I too called CC just now and they said these 3 things are necessary. However, thinking to go to the branch and checking with them if they can update it.
It has become a frustrating experience. My credit card has been approved but they keep sending it to an old office location and when I ask them online (via Email, Video Banking and customer care) they keep saying sorry we can't update the communication address if either of the 3 requested proofs (Adhaar, Voter ID or DL) is not provided…

Schrödinger's credit card… it exists but also doesn't. 🤡 Will I ever get to touch it? God knows.
You've to update it with OVD only.
Get communication address updated via biometric in any other account e.g. hdfc, indusind & use that to update in aadhar & then here. If you can ignore it then forget it

quino

TF Ace
RML Group
Get communication address updated via biometric in any other account e.g. hdfc, indusind & use that to update in aadhar & then here. If you can ignore it then forget it
even biometric is not needed for which they have to visit some branch. they can update their aadhaar address online using that bank statement as a valid proof.

deep@vie

TF Legend
If they say without verification it's not possible then sign the communication address updation form & biometric & ask them to get the physical verification done. Should be updated in 3 to 7 days.