• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Easy address update methods for all banks (and credit cards)

yolofino

TF Ace
With the power of the Internet, there has been good initiatives by the banks in India to update one's address online or without visiting any branch. I'll be listing one by one (whichever I experienced) as a comment and link here as well.

Address change is one of painful processes in India with the govt departments and private entities demanding a proof to change the address, which is difficult to get when one moves places.

I request everyone to share their address change experiences so that it helps someone reading it and this in turn could reduce the paperwork by a huge margin.

IDFC First Bank method

Last edited:

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
HDFC credit card address change and even email id update was a pain. First, you will have to download and fill out the form physically and then send it to their Chennai office by post. The nearest branch wasn't helpful either.

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Like I said, I just updated my address (via 2nd method) as explained by the OP in IDFC it didnot ask for any address proof.
I also requested for address change via idfc app, received confirmation letter from bank 10 days before but till now my communication address not updated, nw what to do

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Recently updated all of my bank account & credit card addresses based on aadhar/voter id card through online.

All of the address update request processed within 2 days.

IndusInd/Indie - Indusmobile app - 2 days - Via Voter id
ICICI - ICICI net banking - 2 days - Via Voter id
Axis - Axis Mobile - Instant - Via aadhar

I think almost all banks have this facility.
This is about to update communication address for which indl has no proof like UID, voter id etc

ontherocks

TF Premier
What actually happens in a biometric update?
You go to a branch, fill a form with whatever address you like and then they tell you to hold your finger on the fingerprint scanner, and done?

yolofino

TF Ace
What actually happens in a biometric update?
You go to a branch, fill a form with whatever address you like and then they tell you to hold your finger on the fingerprint scanner, and done?
Yes, pretty much that's it. But they can have anything on their computer screen and tell you to stick out your finger. It's up to you to trust them. I ask them to show me the what's on the screen because I don't trust anyone.

deep@vie

TF Legend
Yes, pretty much that's it. But they can have anything on their computer screen and tell you to stick out your finger. It's up to you to trust them. I ask them to show me the what's on the screen because I don't trust anyone.
You're right,nowadays it's not easy to trust them.
Even if they're doing it right,there's no point in hiding or showing to customer.

ontherocks

TF Premier
In that case, it looks like a declaration process (you declare something and sign off using your fingerprint) rather than a validation process (where your details are validated and only then updated)

quino

TF Ace
RML Group
hi those who successfully updated their IDFC bank account address through the recent update in mobile app (without aadhaar authentication & without address proof). could you let us know which address is being shown in the account/cc statements generated, the new address or the old address or both? TIA

TF Select
VIP Lounge
hi those who successfully updated their IDFC bank account address through the recent update in mobile app (without aadhaar authentication & without address proof). could you let us know which address is being shown in the account/cc statements generated, the new address or the old address or both? TIA
You can change communication address via this method without proof and it vl shown as communication address only permanent address will be same as on ur aadhar card, so u can place demand like cheque books etc to permanent address or new communication address