• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Emeralde Private Metal Card invite issue

Shubham330

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello all,

I was holding Sapphiro card(Paid one). Got upgrade offer to Emeralde credit card. Took the upgrade as had the limit of 9.2 Lakh. So thought to ask RM to upgrade it to Private Metal. Tried for 1.5 month but failed so closed Emeralde plastic card to avoid joining charges.. got them reversed as closed card without much use.

After 7 days of closure i got call from icici that I have invite of Private Metal Card. All the outstanding of Emeralde card will be transferred to Emeralde private card. I didn't mentioned that my card is closed as I don't want to miss this chance of getting Private Metal first place. Though the executive will get to know that once she tries to raise requst. But the request got placed successfully (atleast that what cce mentioned over the call. I didn't got any sms/mail for the same). later I called CC where CCE didn't found any new service request on closed Emeralde card.

Need your advice? Shall I wait for 15 day? Or get new Emeralde Plastic card and again wait for upgrade offer. As my ICICI NRV is more than 50L and hold salary account also and card limit is also 9.2 Lk. But having doubt that i'll not get upgrade invite again as I alredy got once on closed card.

Alredy dropped mail to customer.care@icicibank.com but the mail id is useless. I have recording of that call with me.

Please help. Thanks in advance. And sorry for long post.
@TechnoFino Any suggestion from your side?

Last edited:
Solution
Yes. Exactly. Cce asked full name as pan, dob and registered address.
These type of card upgrade exists. And it is offered on behalf of card cancellation. These upgrade takes time for two to three weeks. If it's the same case then you may get your share, give some time.
These type of card upgrade exists. And it is offered on behalf of card cancellation. These upgrade takes time for two to three weeks. If it's the same case then you may get your share, give some time.
Hope this is the case with my card as well🤞🤞. Anyway backup is always good as request for emeralde plastic raised😅

Hello all,

I was holding Sapphiro card(Paid one). Got upgrade offer to Emeralde credit card. Took the upgrade as had the limit of 9.2 Lakh. So thought to ask RM to upgrade it to Private Metal. Tried for 1.5 month but failed so closed Emeralde plastic card to avoid joining charges.. got them reversed as closed card without much use.

After 7 days of closure i got call from icici that I have invite of Private Metal Card. All the outstanding of Emeralde card will be transferred to Emeralde private card. I didn't mentioned that my card is closed as I don't want to miss this chance of getting Private Metal first place. Though the executive will get to know that once she tries to raise requst. But the request got placed successfully (atleast that what cce mentioned over the call. I didn't got any sms/mail for the same). later I called CC where CCE didn't found any new service request on closed Emeralde card.

Need your advice? Shall I wait for 15 day? Or get new Emeralde Plastic card and again wait for upgrade offer. As my ICICI NRV is more than 50L and hold salary account also and card limit is also 9.2 Lk. But having doubt that i'll not get upgrade invite again as I alredy got once on closed card.

Alredy dropped mail to customer.care@icicibank.com but the mail id is useless. I have recording of that call with me.

Please help. Thanks in advance. And sorry for long post.
@TechnoFino Any suggestion from your side?

Customer care team won't be able to find the service request on the card.
If you have the call recording. You can listen to that. After raising the service request, they tell you the SR number.
You can also track all the card related SRs here.

Alredy Got Emeralde plastic one on annual fee. I mean the request raised. Will wait for Private on that. If gets offer in 2-3 months will get joining reversed
You mentioned that you’ve got the plastic closed right? The private card is getting processed like a floater by a DSA so reinstate your emeralde with monthly fee and wait for private they’ll surely process it.

You mentioned that you’ve got the plastic closed right? The private card is getting processed like a floater by a DSA so reinstate your emeralde with monthly fee and wait for private they’ll surely process it.
Yes plastic one closed and on that the EMP upgrade happened. Not sure the one who called me was DSA or CCE but not as floater while as upgrade. She mentioned that all outstanding from Emeralde will be transferred to EMP and old plastic card will be permenantly closed in 60 days.

and holding some other variants as well. So got new Emeralde Plastic again. In case this EMP siyyappa goes in unwanted direction. And both of these Emeralde i had was on annual fee basis. Not monthly.

Yes plastic one closed and on that the EMP upgrade happened. But holding some other variants as well. So got new Emeralde Plastic again. In case this EMP siyyappa goes in unwanted direction. And both of these Emeralde i had was on annual fee basis. Not monthly.
Acha you can get the fee converted that’s not an issue . If you’ve other cards with same limit on ICICI it shouldn’t be an issue to get a emeralde private. The AAN ( credit account number ) should be active that’s it for the DSA to process it.

Acha you can get the fee converted that’s not an issue . If you’ve other cards with same limit on ICICI it shouldn’t be an issue to get a emeralde private. The AAN ( credit account number ) should be active that’s it for the DSA to process it.
No. For Emeralde actually diffrent AAN got created as the Rewards structure is diffrent than other icici cards. So on that AAN that was the only card

Plastic emeralde or emeralde metal, which is more suitable as fyf or paid card ? And any reason for same
@Nishan11 Are you getting Emeralde metal fyf? Cause as per my knowledge emeralde metal is not available for everyone. Either nrv needs to be that much or one should get invite from icici.

For emeralde plastic 1rp =0.25 paisa and for 12000 + gst annual fee you won't get any renewal benefit.

Always metal is best as for metal 1rp = 1rs(for some places only). And you will get 12500 rp on annual fee payment so basically you are only paying gst

@Nishan11 Are you getting Emeralde metal fyf? Cause as per my knowledge emeralde metal is not available for everyone. Either nrv needs to be that much or one should get invite from icici.

For emeralde plastic 1rp =0.25 paisa and for 12000 + gst annual fee you won't get any renewal benefit.

Always metal is best as for metal 1rp = 1rs(for some places only). And you will get 12500 rp on annual fee payment so basically you are only paying gst
No just getting paid emeralde pvc as most members here.

Just thinking to have this for international & domestic unlimited lounge access & spa too, it will cover JF. After using I may think about closing or renewal.
I travel internationally 2-3 times a year.

That's what I am thinking but I will like to hear from you & other members here before deciding anything.

No just getting paid emeralde pvc as most members here.

Just thinking to have this for international & domestic unlimited lounge access & spa too, it will cover JF. After using I may think about closing or renewal.
I travel internationally 2-3 times a year.

That's what I am thinking but I will like to hear from you & other members here before deciding anything.
Ok. If you are getting plastic one. Take it for 1st year. Push your RM to get you Private Metal if you have RM.

Otherwise try to get limit more than 8L on plastic one, you will get call for metal one automatically. If you alredy have other icici card with 8L limit then within month or two after getting plastic one you will get call for metal. Then you can close plastic one and get the JF reversal.

Ok. If you are getting plastic one. Take it for 1st year. Push your RM to get you Private Metal if you have RM.

Otherwise try to get limit more than 8L on plastic one, you will get call for metal one automatically. If you alredy have other icici card with 8L limit then within month or two after getting plastic one you will get call for metal. Then you can close plastic one and get the JF reversal.
I have other ICICI cards with 10 L limit. I will follow your steps if I finally decide to apply for plastic emeralde. Thank you.

Back