• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Emeralde Private Metal Card invite issue

Shubham330

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello all,

I was holding Sapphiro card(Paid one). Got upgrade offer to Emeralde credit card. Took the upgrade as had the limit of 9.2 Lakh. So thought to ask RM to upgrade it to Private Metal. Tried for 1.5 month but failed so closed Emeralde plastic card to avoid joining charges.. got them reversed as closed card without much use.

After 7 days of closure i got call from icici that I have invite of Private Metal Card. All the outstanding of Emeralde card will be transferred to Emeralde private card. I didn't mentioned that my card is closed as I don't want to miss this chance of getting Private Metal first place. Though the executive will get to know that once she tries to raise requst. But the request got placed successfully (atleast that what cce mentioned over the call. I didn't got any sms/mail for the same). later I called CC where CCE didn't found any new service request on closed Emeralde card.

Need your advice? Shall I wait for 15 day? Or get new Emeralde Plastic card and again wait for upgrade offer. As my ICICI NRV is more than 50L and hold salary account also and card limit is also 9.2 Lk. But having doubt that i'll not get upgrade invite again as I alredy got once on closed card.

Alredy dropped mail to customer.care@icicibank.com but the mail id is useless. I have recording of that call with me.

Please help. Thanks in advance. And sorry for long post.
@TechnoFino Any suggestion from your side?

Last edited:
Solution
Yes. Exactly. Cce asked full name as pan, dob and registered address.
These type of card upgrade exists. And it is offered on behalf of card cancellation. These upgrade takes time for two to three weeks. If it's the same case then you may get your share, give some time.
Will the close and upgrade option work??

I have Emeralde for the past 2 years and due for renewal next month. If we close the Emeralde and will they consider for upgrade?? But my Limit is not above 8L, just missed by 10K (7.9L is my CL).
How you recovered fees for 2 years?

I have Emeralde for the past 2 years and due for renewal next month. If we close the Emeralde and will they consider for upgrade?? But my Limit is not above 8L, just missed by 10K (7.9L is my CL).

Try to work it out. Maybe send ITR for limit evaluation, and then push the pedal to and for the Metal.

I’m trying to push it with my RM he’s also trying but not happening. Customer care people are hopeless.

Wait it out. Use the card, and start trying for it two months before renewal next year. Tell them to close it or invite you to the metal league. Any way, paying 12k makes no sense for this card if the metal variant is priced at 12.5k. Taking this plastic at 12k is only in the hope that metal could be argued about at 12.5k when the time comes.

Reactions: BVC
Wait it out. Use the card, and start trying for it two months before renewal next year. Tell them to close it or invite you to the metal league. Any way, paying 12k makes no sense for this card if the metal variant is priced at 12.5k. Taking this plastic at 12k is only in the hope that metal could be argued about at 12.5k when the time comes.
Exactly, but the exclusivity that matters, they have given Emeralde card once exclusive to masses even on reaching 5L CL, but good thing is they haven't devalued anything. EM PM has been launched to offer it to HNI or CL above 10L (Discussed by many). But getting it is being very tough unless you have good RM or some loopeholes being separate for every individual.

Ok. If you are getting plastic one. Take it for 1st year. Push your RM to get you Private Metal if you have RM.

Otherwise try to get limit more than 8L on plastic one, you will get call for metal one automatically. If you alredy have other icici card with 8L limit then within month or two after getting plastic one you will get call for metal. Then you can close plastic one and get the JF reversal.
after one or two months of using card... how can we get JF reversal bro ??

No idea about that.

You should go for manual limit enhancement. Then hopefully metal variant can be processed.

My pvc card is new so I don't think I am getting metal upgrade anytime soon unless my luck shines 😄.

after one or two months of using card... how can we get JF reversal bro ??i
If your Card get upgraded. Then you need to call cc and ask for closure of this old card. While closing ask for jf reversal as you are not used it for more than 1-2 months. Icici reverse that easily. But not beyond 2 months Usage.

Last edited:
No idea about that.

You should go for manual limit enhancement. Then hopefully metal variant can be processed.

My pvc card is new so I don't think I am getting metal upgrade anytime soon unless my luck shines 😄.
There are some folks who're not getting on having 10L and having Emeralde too. ICICI is maintaining too much exclusivity which in fact is good, but yes we would love to have it.

No idea about that.

Manual Enhancement part, I guess I will not go for it as SBI feels I am over leveraged already. I have 3 ICICI Accounts and all will be increased and SBI Credit card I have less limit (<2L - Least in my portfolio)

There are some folks who're not getting on having 10L and having Emeralde too. ICICI is maintaining too much exclusivity which in fact is good, but yes we would love to have it.
My limit is also exactly 10 L as of now. Let's see what future upgrade they offer.

Manual Enhancement part, I guess I will not go for it as SBI feels I am over leveraged already. I have 3 ICICI Accounts and all will be increased and SBI Credit card I have less limit (<2L - Least in my portfolio)
I have same issue with SBI. Have two cards with 3L & 4 L limit.

I no longer try for LE from them, as they will reject LE request all time. I put my efforts on other bank cards.

Back