• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Exclusive peek! Flaunt your Creditworthy and Robust CIBIL profiles

Dear TFC members,
I have been planning this from a long time, to have a constructive discussion regarding Credit score, factors affecting it, and the buzz around Credit Enquiries.
I have been using Credit cards from decades, and have realised that the severe panic regarding the lowering of Credit Score by:
1. No of credit enquiries
2. Closing an old card
3. Other silly reasons

These are simply not worth it. They make our life complicated unnecessarily and yield nothing.
By sharing my profile, I wish to enlighten some knowledge about these Myths, ultimately promoting peace of mind.
As you can see from the below attached screenshots, I am having around 40-49 credit enquiries in last 6 months.

Still, my credit score has been intact like an elephant and hasn't dropped by an inch.
It keeps floating around 780-790 usually, come what may, it doesn't vary much.

Reasons:
1. Majority of people here fail to understand that they are quite new in their banking/credit journey.
The newer the CIBIL is, the faster it reacts with new changes.
So, the point of higher credit enquiries is only true, when you have just started out the journey, maybe after 4-5 years it won't matter.

2. No. of active loans/credit cards in your profile.
The more the number is, the more you're diversified, this means the algorithm considers you credit worthy, and you also you and up having a higher Credit Limit.
3. Credit Limit utilisation, this part is true in fact.

With fairly lesser no. of cards, lesser limits, you are in a risk to consume more of your credit limit.
Therefore, everyone advices to maintain a low utilisation only when the bank reports it to CIBIL.
The other days, you're free to use how much ever you want, just ensure to pay it before month end 28th or 29th, so that it doesn't gets reported.

As shown below, I have a record of only 2 missed payments in my entire history out of 884 payments till now with multiple cards.
The whole purpose is to inspire all, and ease their credit journey.
This is my personal experience that I would like to share.

Sometimes, I do have more than 10 enquires a month, sometimes my overall spends goes above 4/5 lakhs, still my credit score remains same.
This is solely due to the reasons listed above.
Now, let me share one more incident.

As you know, I have multiple cards, so in Jan, this year I had a missed payment of around 1 Rs for a verification purpose like Lounge etc.
I wasn't aware and missed it.
I got reported also next month by XYZ bank, but my credit score remained same, even it rose by 1/2 points.
See, now you can imagine the power of credit history and how Robust it can make your CIBIL.
Later on, I got that Late payment removed from that bank, and CIBIL further increased by 2 points.
Hope you all have gained some learning from my journey.

1684669485128.png 1684669529691.png
1684669598217.png 1684669633740.png

1684669781133.png 1684669768052.png

Waiting to see some ROBUST profiles here, which are even unique and interesting at the same time.
Do attach your app screenshots showcasing your creditworthiness.
I have used 2 apps: Gpay and Airtel.

Attachments

• 1684669740749.png
    1684669740749.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 128

prc1990

TF Legend
Dear TFC members,
I have been planning this from a long time, to have a constructive discussion regarding Credit score, factors affecting it, and the buzz around Credit Enquiries.
I have been using Credit cards from decades, and have realised that the severe panic regarding the lowering of Credit Score by:
2. Closing an old card
3. Other silly reasons

These are simply not worth it. They make our life complicated unnecessarily and yield nothing.
By sharing my profile, I wish to enlighten some knowledge about these Myths, ultimately promoting peace of mind.
As you can see from the below attached screenshots, I am having around 40-49 credit enquiries in last 6 months.

Still, my credit score has been intact like an elephant and hasn't dropped by an inch.

Reasons:
1. Majority of people here fail to understand that they are quite new in their banking/credit journey.
So, the point of higher credit enquiries is only true, when you have just started out the journey, maybe after 4-5 years it won't matter.

The more the number is, the more you're diversified, this means the algorithm considers you credit worthy, and you also you and up having a higher Credit Limit.

With fairly lesser no. of cards, lesser limits, you are in a risk to consume more of your credit limit.
Therefore, everyone advices to maintain a low utilisation only when the bank reports it to CIBIL.
The other days, you're free to use how much ever you want, just ensure to pay it before month end 28th or 29th, so that it doesn't gets reported.

As shown below, I have a record of only 2 missed payments in my entire history out of 884 payments till now with multiple cards.

Sometimes, I do have more than 10 enquires a month, sometimes my overall spends goes above 4/5 lakhs, still my credit score remains same.

As you know, I have multiple cards, so in Jan, this year I had a missed payment of around 1 Rs for a verification purpose like Lounge etc.
I got reported also next month by XYZ bank, but my credit score remained same, even it rose by 1/2 points.
See, now you can imagine the power of credit history and how Robust it can make your CIBIL.
Later on, I got that Late payment removed from that bank, and CIBIL further increased by 2 points.

Waiting to see some ROBUST profiles here, which are even unique and interesting at the same time.
With credit age over 20 Y, shouldn't the number of payments be beyond 1K at least?

With credit age over 20 Y, shouldn't the number of payments be beyond 1K at least?
It varies a lot actually.

In the initial days, I had only 1-2 cards
But gradually as wealth increased, more banks started to offer, as well as the credit card game became stronger.

So more than 60% of the cards right now, are procured in last 2-3 years. This is the main reason why number of payments is not that high.

prc1990

TF Legend
It varies a lot actually.

In the initial days, I had only 1-2 cards
But gradually as wealth increased, more banks started to offer, as well as the credit card game became stronger.

So more than 60% of the cards right now, are procured in last 2-3 years. This is the main reason why number of payments is not that high.
Like the statement "Gradually as wealth increased" 😁.

Still awaiting that wealth day 😪.

FinGuru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My Credit story is slightly different. I never was into credit card much.
I started my Credit card story when I started my career in 2012.
I almost took all banks credit card in my first year of career(I was not aware of CIBIL score etc at that time). Most of the banks gave it as FYF. But all of them were basic cards.
Then after a year I closed all credit card :p

In Nov 2013 I switched to another company and citibank was the option to take as Salary account. With that they provided Citi reward LTF card(which I still have). I was not using it much as my expenses were less and I was not aware of points and all and I was focusing on my career a lot.

In 2015, Amex visited my company and they offered AMEX gold card as FYF. Used it get achieve monthly milestone benefits but all genuine spends. Used the MR points for statement credit. In the same year I took home loan of 40 lakhs from SBI to buy apartment in Bengaluru :)

In 2018, when I again switched company I came to know(from one of my colleague) that Amex has other option as well - MRCC card which made more sense to me. So, I requested Amex to downgrade my card to MRCC.

So, from 2013 to 2022, I only had 2 cards(Citi Reward card and Amex Gold - replaced later to MRCC) and SBI home loan.
Still I was not aware of CIBIL score and all. Never missed any bill payment (missed one home loan EMI though)

2013 to April 2022
1) Amex credit card
2) Citi rewards card

In May 2022, story took huge turn and I started learning about credit card a bit more. Came to know about CIBIL score and all. At that time, my CIBIL score was 814 aroundish.
I started applying credit card from all XYZ banks and I almost have cards from all banks (except HSBC and SC, it always gets rejected for this. Yes bank is offered but I didn't like any of their card so never applied).

May 2022 to current -
Existing cards -
1) Amex MRCC credit card
2) Citi reward card
New additions -
3) Amex Platinum travel card
4) IDFC select
5) SBI SimplyClick
6) Paytm Citi card (closed now)
7) BoB Eterna card
8) Kotak League card
9) OneCard(issued through BoB)
10) HDFC Diners Black (Started the journey through DCP and later as part of Alumni LTF offer upgraded to DCB)
11) Indus Legend card
12) RBL Zomato Edition card (closed I guess, will be replaced by RBL Shoprite)
13) PNB Rupay platinum card
14) ICICI Amazon Pay
15) ICICI Platinum card (Secured, took against FD as my application was always rejected by ICICI)
16) HDFC Tata Neucard infinity
17) AU LIT card
18) Axis MyZone card
19) Axis Flipkart card(closed as I wanted Axis Reserve)
20) Axis Magnus
21) Axis Reserve

Now my score is trying to touch 800 (It's 798)
So, there is decrease from 814 to 798 (a lot of reason is because of utilization ratio as at some months it was more than > 50%). Most of the new addition has not completed 1 year yet.

Few cards which I am planning to take - HSBC card and Axis atlas (if Axis allows more than 3 cards otherwise I will close Axis Myzone and take Axis Atlas)
I have decent Credit limit on most of the cards now.
Congrats on a great journey. Can you share the reason for holding Magnus and Reserve both?

Last edited:

FinGuru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My posts about the impact of enquiries on the CIBIL score. The impact is not material

Mogambo

TF Buzz
Thanks for sharing this.
Though I never cared about CIBIL score, But yes the anxiety is real. I notice my friends ( who are new to CC space) worrying about CIBIL Score, chasing websites to check it daily.
Simple Funda is to pay your dues on time. Rest everything can be handled or managed.
It matters when you take home loan

pradeepG

TF Premier
Dear TFC members,
2. Closing an old card
3. Other silly reasons

Reasons:

Great Profile!! only 1 question, how did you get the AU SFB & IDFC cards, i have experienced & heard that they(axis also) don't approve cards of profiles having more than 5-6 cards or having high credit exposure/high overall credit limit available to them... plz share your journey of application for these banks cards.

insight

TF Ace
So, from 2013 to 2022, I only had 2 cards(Citi Reward card and Amex Gold - replaced later to MRCC) and SBI home loan.
Still I was not aware of CIBIL score and all. Never missed any bill payment (missed one home loan EMI though)

2013 to April 2022
1) Amex credit card
2) Citi rewards card

In May 2022, story took huge turn and I started learning about credit card a bit more. Came to know about CIBIL score and all. At that time, my CIBIL score was 814 aroundish.
Did you consciously choose the ORDER in which you applies for these within 2022 to 2023?
What strategy/ thought process and how? Spacing/ Timing the applications?
Do detail whatever you can think aloud.. as I am currently in process of doing similar card expansion (maybe not as much or many).
I started applying credit card from all XYZ banks and I almost have cards from all banks (except HSBC and SC, it always gets rejected for this. Yes bank is offered but I didn't like any of their card so never applied).

May 2022 to current -

Existing cards -
1) Amex MRCC credit card
2) Citi reward card
New additions -
3) Amex Platinum travel card
4) IDFC select
5) SBI SimplyClick
6) Paytm Citi card (closed now)
7) BoB Eterna card
8) Kotak League card
9) OneCard(issued through BoB)
10) HDFC Diners Black (Started the journey through DCP and later as part of Alumni LTF offer upgraded to DCB)
11) Indus Legend card
12) RBL Zomato Edition card (closed I guess, will be replaced by RBL Shoprite)
13) PNB Rupay platinum card
14) ICICI Amazon Pay
15) ICICI Platinum card (Secured, took against FD as my application was always rejected by ICICI)
16) HDFC Tata Neucard infinity
17) AU LIT card
18) Axis MyZone card
19) Axis Flipkart card(closed as I wanted Axis Reserve)
20) Axis Magnus
21) Axis Reserve

Now my score is trying to touch 800 (It's 798)
So, there is decrease from 814 to 798 (a lot of reason is because of utilization ratio as at some months it was more than > 50%). Most of the new addition has not completed 1 year yet.

Few cards which I am planning to take - HSBC card and Axis atlas (if Axis allows more than 3 cards otherwise I will close Axis Myzone and take Axis Atlas)
I have decent Credit limit on most of the cards now.