• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Exclusive peek! Flaunt your Creditworthy and Robust CIBIL profiles

Dear TFC members,
I have been planning this from a long time, to have a constructive discussion regarding Credit score, factors affecting it, and the buzz around Credit Enquiries.
I have been using Credit cards from decades, and have realised that the severe panic regarding the lowering of Credit Score by:
1. No of credit enquiries
2. Closing an old card
3. Other silly reasons

These are simply not worth it. They make our life complicated unnecessarily and yield nothing.
By sharing my profile, I wish to enlighten some knowledge about these Myths, ultimately promoting peace of mind.
As you can see from the below attached screenshots, I am having around 40-49 credit enquiries in last 6 months.

Still, my credit score has been intact like an elephant and hasn't dropped by an inch.
It keeps floating around 780-790 usually, come what may, it doesn't vary much.

Reasons:
1. Majority of people here fail to understand that they are quite new in their banking/credit journey.
The newer the CIBIL is, the faster it reacts with new changes.
So, the point of higher credit enquiries is only true, when you have just started out the journey, maybe after 4-5 years it won't matter.

2. No. of active loans/credit cards in your profile.
The more the number is, the more you're diversified, this means the algorithm considers you credit worthy, and you also you and up having a higher Credit Limit.
3. Credit Limit utilisation, this part is true in fact.

With fairly lesser no. of cards, lesser limits, you are in a risk to consume more of your credit limit.
Therefore, everyone advices to maintain a low utilisation only when the bank reports it to CIBIL.
The other days, you're free to use how much ever you want, just ensure to pay it before month end 28th or 29th, so that it doesn't gets reported.

As shown below, I have a record of only 2 missed payments in my entire history out of 884 payments till now with multiple cards.
The whole purpose is to inspire all, and ease their credit journey.
This is my personal experience that I would like to share.

Sometimes, I do have more than 10 enquires a month, sometimes my overall spends goes above 4/5 lakhs, still my credit score remains same.
This is solely due to the reasons listed above.
Now, let me share one more incident.

As you know, I have multiple cards, so in Jan, this year I had a missed payment of around 1 Rs for a verification purpose like Lounge etc.
I wasn't aware and missed it.
I got reported also next month by XYZ bank, but my credit score remained same, even it rose by 1/2 points.
See, now you can imagine the power of credit history and how Robust it can make your CIBIL.
Later on, I got that Late payment removed from that bank, and CIBIL further increased by 2 points.
Hope you all have gained some learning from my journey.

1684669485128.png 1684669529691.png
1684669598217.png 1684669633740.png

1684669781133.png 1684669768052.png

Waiting to see some ROBUST profiles here, which are even unique and interesting at the same time.
Do attach your app screenshots showcasing your creditworthiness.
I have used 2 apps: Gpay and Airtel.

Attachments

• 1684669740749.png
    1684669740749.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 128

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
1684672272263.png

Airtel app shows 49 enquiries.
But that score was around 3rd or 4th may.
But having 49 inquiries isn't too many. Typically, banks have a policy of allowing only 2 or 3 card per pan. Does this count include only credit card inquiries, or does it also include other types of inquiries such as home loans, car loans, or any other loans? I can't seem to figure out which cards you might have applied for within the past 6 months. I'm sure you probably have all the relevant cards, and some card were launched recently so 15-20 enquires . However, 49 inquiries and you already hold 25 cc.

But having 49 inquiries isn't too many. Typically, banks have a policy of allowing only 2 or 3 card per pan. Does this count include only credit card inquiries, or does it also include other types of inquiries such as home loans, car loans, or any other loans? I can't seem to figure out which cards you might have applied for within the past 6 months. I'm sure you probably have all the relevant cards, and some card were launched recently so 15-20 enquires . However, 49 inquiries and you already hold 25 cc.
Yes, you're right.
I just counted manually all the enquiries.
Last 6 months is only 39.

Remaining 10 enquiries belong last 3 years.

Gpay is showing correctly 39 enquiries.
Airtel is showing 49 which is last 3 years.

Why I have multiple enquiries?

HDFC did at least 5-6 for Neu Card
Kotak did 3-4 for a card as it was getting rejected.
I applied for an RBL card multiple times even after having Zomato, it was getting declined.
Tried SBI same way.

These 4 banks are major culprits.
I was using diff mob numbers to apply.

The main mistake is of HDFC and kotak, but I did not bother to get them removed as didn't wanted one more follow up story.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Yes, you're right.

I applied for an RBL card multiple times even after having Zomato, it was getting declined.
Tried SBI same way.

The main mistake is of HDFC and kotak, but I did not bother to get them removed as didn't wanted one more follow up story.
You'll in a month once you get free time 😉.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Note that my dispute is from pre-mobile, pre-OTP, pre--PIN era :) Those days the merchant was supposed to verify signature while accepting transaction. My card was lost and before I could realise and report it the very next day, it was used at the same place where I had last used it. I refused to pay unless bank gave in writing that the merchant has no responsibility to verify signature and it was entirely my fault. (There were two transactions at the same merchant - one valid, one fraud)

They refused to give anything in writing and I refused to pay. Some 8 years later, they started reporting it to Cibil, dragging my score down.
Pre-pin? So you just sign and voila, take these things home without a PIN? Wow, I didn't expect that. There's so much to learn from everyone here. Thanks for sharing!

Tried SBI same way.
Isn't this the same for you as well @pprakash11 - 5-6 enquiries for Neu card - seems HDFC is doing multiple enquiries for many. Too pathetic that we need to fight for such small reasons
You'll in a month once you get free time 😉.
Yes definitely :ROFLMAO:

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Yes, you're right.

Tried SBI same way.

Thanks for replying. If my application isn't approved within 24-48 hours after one inquiry, I take an oath that I won't apply for another credit card for 1-3 months. cause as per onescore app my score could touch 801, currently is it at 791. Additionally, I don't currently hold a Kotak card because I've heard they continuously call for payment after bill generation. Also, considering that none of their cards are worth it except for some white Reserve cards with a lifetime fee, I will consider looking into Kotak cards in the second half of 2023 if they offer valuable options.

Thanks for replying. If my application isn't approved within 24-48 hours after one inquiry, I take an oath that I won't apply for another credit card for 1-3 months. cause as per onescore app my score could touch 801, currently is it at 791. Additionally, I don't currently hold a Kotak card because I've heard they continuously call for payment after bill generation. Also, considering that none of their cards are worth it except for some white Reserve cards with a lifetime fee, I will consider looking into Kotak cards in the second half of 2023 if they offer valuable options.
Now you can see the difference I believe.

After joining this community around Nov last year, I started applying rapidly for new cards.
Whereas in last 3 years I was sitting peacefully and enjoying some average cards that is why my enquiries were only 3 per year.

The FOMO here made me impatient and I started averaging more than 7 enquiries a month.
At this moment I am having at least one card by each Pvt bank, and few from popular PSU Banks like BOB, SBI.

Clearly my CIBIL was not affected by this.
Why?
Robust CIBIL and credit history including multiple loans, cards, paylater, etc.

Last edited:

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Edit - Let me share my journey. I obtained my credit card by opening an HDFC savings account with a minimum average balance (MAB) of 25k. The primary reason for opening this account was to deposit my Amazon U.S. cheque, which was valued at around 10-12k USD or approximately 256 USD. Despite having an account with a government bank, they were unable to accept the cheque, so I decided to choose HDFC, which was conveniently located just 10-12 minutes away from my home. Since my sister already had a salary account with HDFC, she provided a cheque of 25k on my behalf. After about a month, I logged into my net banking and discovered a pre-approved HDFC credit card offer with a 40k limit. Realizing it was a lifetime free card, I decided to apply for it. During this period, my dad extensively utilized credit cards, which led to my anticipation of obtaining one at an earlier stage. From 2014 to 2018, HDFC consistently offered credit limit enhancements (LE) through calls and SMS. I distinctly recall a person contacting me to verify my PAN card number, and shortly after, my credit limit would be increased. In 2019, I also acquired a Paytm Citi card with a limit of 1 lakh, and I continued to acquire more credit cards along the way. Currently, I possess 13 credit cards, and adding the ICICI Platinum and Legend credit cards will bring the total to 15 credit card. total cc limit stand at 30,82,000 lakhs since hdfc isn't counted as per cibil reporting with hdfc is at 43 lakhs so need to apply couple of card for 1 cr total limit so may by 2025 i would achieve just saying though it has no real impact :ROFLMAO:
IMG_4923.png IMG_4924.png IMG_4925.jpeg IMG_4926.jpeg IMG_4927.jpeg

Last edited:

Greencheese

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
The simplest way of having a very high cibil score is to have more proportion of your credit in secured loans. When I used to have a home loan, my cibil score used to be 840 plus. Now it averages around 800.