• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Exclusive peek! Flaunt your Creditworthy and Robust CIBIL profiles

Dear TFC members,
I have been planning this from a long time, to have a constructive discussion regarding Credit score, factors affecting it, and the buzz around Credit Enquiries.
I have been using Credit cards from decades, and have realised that the severe panic regarding the lowering of Credit Score by:
1. No of credit enquiries
2. Closing an old card
3. Other silly reasons

These are simply not worth it. They make our life complicated unnecessarily and yield nothing.
By sharing my profile, I wish to enlighten some knowledge about these Myths, ultimately promoting peace of mind.
As you can see from the below attached screenshots, I am having around 40-49 credit enquiries in last 6 months.

Still, my credit score has been intact like an elephant and hasn't dropped by an inch.
It keeps floating around 780-790 usually, come what may, it doesn't vary much.

Reasons:
1. Majority of people here fail to understand that they are quite new in their banking/credit journey.
The newer the CIBIL is, the faster it reacts with new changes.
So, the point of higher credit enquiries is only true, when you have just started out the journey, maybe after 4-5 years it won't matter.

2. No. of active loans/credit cards in your profile.
The more the number is, the more you're diversified, this means the algorithm considers you credit worthy, and you also you and up having a higher Credit Limit.
3. Credit Limit utilisation, this part is true in fact.

With fairly lesser no. of cards, lesser limits, you are in a risk to consume more of your credit limit.
Therefore, everyone advices to maintain a low utilisation only when the bank reports it to CIBIL.
The other days, you're free to use how much ever you want, just ensure to pay it before month end 28th or 29th, so that it doesn't gets reported.

As shown below, I have a record of only 2 missed payments in my entire history out of 884 payments till now with multiple cards.
The whole purpose is to inspire all, and ease their credit journey.
This is my personal experience that I would like to share.

Sometimes, I do have more than 10 enquires a month, sometimes my overall spends goes above 4/5 lakhs, still my credit score remains same.
This is solely due to the reasons listed above.
Now, let me share one more incident.

As you know, I have multiple cards, so in Jan, this year I had a missed payment of around 1 Rs for a verification purpose like Lounge etc.
I wasn't aware and missed it.
I got reported also next month by XYZ bank, but my credit score remained same, even it rose by 1/2 points.
See, now you can imagine the power of credit history and how Robust it can make your CIBIL.
Later on, I got that Late payment removed from that bank, and CIBIL further increased by 2 points.
Hope you all have gained some learning from my journey.

1684669485128.png 1684669529691.png
1684669598217.png 1684669633740.png

1684669781133.png 1684669768052.png

Waiting to see some ROBUST profiles here, which are even unique and interesting at the same time.
Do attach your app screenshots showcasing your creditworthiness.
I have used 2 apps: Gpay and Airtel.

Attachments

• 1684669740749.png
    1684669740749.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 128
Dear TFC members,
I have been planning this from a long time, to have a constructive discussion regarding Credit score, factors affecting it, and the buzz around Credit Enquiries.
I have been using Credit cards from decades, and have realised that the severe panic regarding the lowering of Credit Score by:
2. Closing an old card
3. Other silly reasons

These are simply not worth it. They make our life complicated unnecessarily and yield nothing.
By sharing my profile, I wish to enlighten some knowledge about these Myths, ultimately promoting peace of mind.
As you can see from the below attached screenshots, I am having around 40-49 credit enquiries in last 6 months.

Still, my credit score has been intact like an elephant and hasn't dropped by an inch.

Reasons:
1. Majority of people here fail to understand that they are quite new in their banking/credit journey.
So, the point of higher credit enquiries is only true, when you have just started out the journey, maybe after 4-5 years it won't matter.

The more the number is, the more you're diversified, this means the algorithm considers you credit worthy, and you also you and up having a higher Credit Limit.

With fairly lesser no. of cards, lesser limits, you are in a risk to consume more of your credit limit.
Therefore, everyone advices to maintain a low utilisation only when the bank reports it to CIBIL.
The other days, you're free to use how much ever you want, just ensure to pay it before month end 28th or 29th, so that it doesn't gets reported.

As shown below, I have a record of only 2 missed payments in my entire history out of 884 payments till now with multiple cards.

Sometimes, I do have more than 10 enquires a month, sometimes my overall spends goes above 4/5 lakhs, still my credit score remains same.

As you know, I have multiple cards, so in Jan, this year I had a missed payment of around 1 Rs for a verification purpose like Lounge etc.
I got reported also next month by XYZ bank, but my credit score remained same, even it rose by 1/2 points.
See, now you can imagine the power of credit history and how Robust it can make your CIBIL.
Later on, I got that Late payment removed from that bank, and CIBIL further increased by 2 points.

Waiting to see some ROBUST profiles here, which are even unique and interesting at the same time.
Bro i want to know.. which cibil report banks and nbfc's are considered..

Cibil
Experiean
Equifax
Or others .

Please tell bro.

I totally which report thay are looking for approval.

Max

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Bro i want to know.. which cibil report banks and nbfc's are considered..

Cibil
Experiean
Equifax
Or others .

Please tell bro.

I totally which report thay are looking for approval.
For loans, banks/NBFC's usually consider 2 scores, most of the timeline is CIBIL and other one can be one of the others.

NikhilTravelLover

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
@RewardsAlert ,thank you for mentioning me.
This thread indeed covers indepth about do and don't to matain a healthy Cibil score.

My jouney with Credit cards and Cibil had started aprrox 5 years ago. Back then I didn't had good income sources. But seeing a friend of mine taking a good advantages of DCB,my interest built in. But to my surprice my application for HDFC Moneyback CC got rejected, reason was no credit history,which impacted my cibil score. That was point I came to know about cibil and it's importance.

So I started my research for Cibil. Back then there were limited resources. I used to refer USA website( I wish we could've had Technofino community back then😉). With vague knowledge, I built a plan to improve my score( so that I should get a home loan afterwards). So I again approached my friend, and with his connection I got my first Credit card.

CC limit( and income too) was very less. Strategy was for next five to six years complete my education,use credit card sensibly,pay bills on time.Credit score was improving but wad not in a very good shape.Afterwards I came to know about credit limit utilization and it's impact on Cibil.So I changed my strategy to reduce my utilization ratio to 30% ,and that also improved Cibil slowly.

Straight forward to year 2021-22. After long wait my education got complete.got a descent paying job. So aproached HDFC to increase my limit based on income. After
rejections and multiple followups,got Regalia upgrade in Nov 2022 with 7 Lac limit.

So in last 6 to 7 months, with extensive help from Technofino community, incresed my CC portfolio.

So the journey was tough. Now my Cibil score is very good. Getting multiples offers from bank for loans and also credit cards. Added premium CC in portfolio. Also planning to start my passion for travelling.

You guys are doing a wonderful job. Keep motivating other peoples. Thank you to all Technofino members and moderators.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230522_203032_CRED.jpg
    Screenshot_20230522_203032_CRED.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20230522_202910_CRED.jpg
    Screenshot_20230522_202910_CRED.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20230522_202850_CRED.jpg
    Screenshot_20230522_202850_CRED.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20230522_202740_CRED.jpg
    Screenshot_20230522_202740_CRED.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 61

James

TF Ace
It does matter if you plan to take credit cards from HSBC, SC and SBI. If you have more credit card enquiries in very short time then chances are that these banks will reject your application (at least that can be the only reason my application is getting rejected)
I had many queries but sbi approved my credit card

jaimingandhi64

TF Premier
Here is my journey of total 10 years and current score is 791

I have noticed one thing from Experian that it keeps on decreasing suddenly but not the case with CIBIL.

Does anyone having same difficulty?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230523-093845.png
    Screenshot_20230523-093845.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20230523-093829.png
    Screenshot_20230523-093829.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20230523-093818.png
    Screenshot_20230523-093818.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20230523-093809.png
    Screenshot_20230523-093809.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20230523-094356.png
    Screenshot_20230523-094356.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 35

bhaskar_js

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Very informative thread. Mine score is 800 with 12 years of credit history (1st credit card in 2011). Had 6 enquiries in last six months which did not seem to affect the score. All applied cards for these enquiries got approved. Had one delayed payment in 2018 which is still making the payment score Good instead of Excellent. Will take 7 years ( till 2025) to make it excellent again.

Attachments

• IMG_20230523_095128.jpg
    IMG_20230523_095128.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_2023-05-23-10-31-38-680_com.google.android.apps.nbu.paisa.user-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-23-10-31-38-680_com.google.android.apps.nbu.paisa.user-edit.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_2023-05-23-10-29-55-746_com.google.android.apps.nbu.paisa.user-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-23-10-29-55-746_com.google.android.apps.nbu.paisa.user-edit.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 21

Theron

TF Premier
Guys, Here i am sharing my credit history of 14 years.

I took Education loan in year 2009 which I could not repay within a 10 yrs repayment tenure and finally I had to settle it in 2020.

Thanks to XXX Bank.
They reported to Credit Bureaus as closed A/c instead of Settled A/c.

But they reported 3 overdue payment as one is of 852 days and two are of 59 days in year 2020 which severely hampered my credit score (when I checked 663).
Although I was completely unaware about what was happening with my Credit score that time. And there was no any active loan/CC which could improve my Credit score.

Fortunately, Amazon pay later helped me. I never used Apay Later but it was showing on time payment for 1 year and that improved my credit score to 717.
The first CC I got at 717 was Axis Flipkart. And there my journey of CCs started. Now also my Credit score is 744 and it never crossed 750 but still I managed to get 17 CCs from 14 different Banks and all are unsecured.

Here is the list of CCs i am holding now
Axis Flipkart - 133K Paid
Axis My Zone - 133K Shared LTF
SBI Simply Click - 80K Paid
YES Prosperity Rewards - 141K Paid
ICICI MMT Platinum - 80K LTF
ICICI APay - 80K shared LTF
HDFC Money Back - 86K LTF
HDFC TATA Neu Plus - 86K Shared FYF
IDFC First Select - 170K LTF
Kotak League - 191K LTF
HSBC Visa Platinum - 100K LTF
Stan Chart EMT - 63.4K Paid
Amex MRCC - 153K Paid
Pnb Rupay Platinum - 75K LTF
CITI Rewards - 80K LTF
Indusind Legend- - 110K LTF
One Card by South Indian - 145K LTF

All this cards I got within 2 years of span. I always tried to maintain only 1 enquiry in a month. Till now only two banks rejected my CC application as BoB and Federal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-23-10-07-13-470_com.google.android.apps.nbu.paisa.user.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-23-10-07-13-470_com.google.android.apps.nbu.paisa.user.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Dear TFC members,
2. Closing an old card
3. Other silly reasons

Reasons:

I have 775 CIBIL with only 2 years credit history.
785 seems low for 20 years history.

nrb

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hmm, My application towards SBI Cashback keeps getting rejected even though I have SimplyClick.
The reason of rejection is because of SimplyClick. If you already hold one CC from SBI, then they are very reluctant to give SBI Cashback.
Mine I got after applying 3 times.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
How long does it take to get your CIBIL score above 800 with just credit cards? My score is currently 782(credit age is 8 months). Hoping to cross the coveted 800 number across all bureaus. 🤞😁