• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Fi money doubts regarding Infinifty and salary account.

dracarys7

TF Buzz
I am wondering to upgrade my account to either infinity or salary but I have seen multiple people mentioning that fi money accounts are being frozen for no apparent reason and their funds are stuck for weeks. Is that so?

Another thing is, if I upgrade it to a salary account, can I simply transfer the amount to another bank account once it’s credited or do I need to keep the salary in Fi itself?

I am using my fi money account for past few months with infinity benifits never faced any issues.... Till now for infinity you don't need to maintain 50k in it you just need to deposit it once and withdraw it after than you can enjoy the infinity benifits.

I am wondering to upgrade my account to either infinity or salary but I have seen multiple people mentioning that fi money accounts are being frozen for no apparent reason and their funds are stuck for weeks. Is that so?

Another thing is, if I upgrade it to a salary account, can I simply transfer the amount to another bank account once it’s credited or do I need to keep the salary in Fi itself?
You can instantly transfer the salary into another account. i.e you can have 2 salary accounts simultaneously.

Very unreliable. They closed my account without my consent. My Money has been stuck over 2 months. Verification and all is done multiple times. Still no refund. Also noticed that past few times when I called Female executive attended the call. (Probably intentionally so we can go soft on them). Even if you use FI money. Beware. Don't put a lot of money. Also Federal Bank employes won't do Jacksh*t. They don't even know about fi.

Only in case of crypto, money laundering, transfer to suspicious accounts it is known to get frozen. And only min KYC accounts or non-salary accounts.

Have been using Fi since 3 years and salary account since 1.5-2 years. No issues faced so far.
But yes, as others mentioned, don't keep huge funds in this. Instead transfer to a proper bank for safekeeping.

My approach is going for Fi Infinity and getting advantage of 500 cashback every month.
I do not maintain more than 60k in Fi account at any time.
I have been using for 2 years and no problem so far.

Back